Sign in to follow this  
Darth Legolas

Non-PDF instructions for 7256? Anakin's Episode III fighter.

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Everybody! I'm desperately searching for a non-PDF (they're too slow) scan of Anakin's JSF and Vulture Droid! It would make my day if I could have it soon, as I plan on building the set this New Years eve, although I don't have the instructions! This set, for the record:

7256-1.jpg

I couldn't find them on Peeron! :oh3:

TLG is your friend

Enter your set number and if the PDF is available, then you can download it. i checked this set is up there. :classic:

EDIT: I noticed you said non-pdf. It's not that big, I downloaded it in like 10 seconds, but if PDF just won't do, I can convert it to Word or something and email it to you?

Or I could zip it?? Or just email the PDF.

I'm here to help, what do you want me to do?

I could take pictures of the instructions from Ultimate Space Battle, which contains the Starfighter and Vulture Droid, but some extra stuff that I could cut out. Are pictures ok, and is it ok is if there are some random pictures of other models on adjacent pages?

EDIT: Nevermind, Cam has a more useful link.

The only choice you have is pdf from the Lego site. Put in the set number, submit. Then click the directions and right click save as, over the download button.

OK, I converted it to Word and it's twice the size.

I'd be happy to email you either copy.

TLG is your friend

Enter your set number and if the PDF is available, then you can download it. i checked this set is up there. :classic:

EDIT: I noticed you said non-pdf. It's not that big, I downloaded it in like 10 seconds, but if PDF just won't do, I can convert it to Word or something and email it to you?

Or I could zip it?? Or just email the PDF.

I'm here to help, what do you want me to do?

Well, I don't want to put you through any trouble, but I do have an idea on how to fix my problem. I just don't know how to do it.

Every time I open a PDF on the internet, it stops and then freezes my computer. I just tried with the link you gave me (thanks by the way!) and the same thing happened.

So is there a way to open/download the document on to my computer so I can open it with a program and not the internet? It will probably work better that way. What would I click?

Well, I don't want to put you through any trouble, but I do have an idea on how to fix my problem. I just don't know how to do it.

Every time I open a PDF on the internet, it stops and then freezes my computer. I just tried with the link you gave me (thanks by the way!) and the same thing happened.

So is there a way to open/download the document on to my computer so I can open it with a program and not the internet? It will probably work better that way. What would I click?

Yes, absoultely.

Go to the LEGO site that I have linked and enter your set number and when it comes up there is a little blue button that says download.

Now instead of clicking this like normal, right click it and when your options box comes up, choose "Save target as" This will then let you choose where to save it. I suggest your desktop, so it's easy to find. Then click save and you can watch it's progress. :thumbup:

Make sure you have adobe acrobat reader installed on your computer, which I kind of assume you do, if not you can download it for free here.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

On a side note, if you sat there and waited long enough your internet explorer would evetually load the PDF but the thing there is the IE window has to process the file and download the whole thing first, which takes time.

OK, I converted it to Word and it's twice the size.

I'd be happy to email you either copy.

Now I feel bad. I just found the right click-save link as button. I had to download it twice but now it's fully loaded. I guess that means I owe you one! I really hope it didn't take too much to convert that.

I'll know for next time... :blush: Thanks Big Cam, and everyone else.

EDIT: Topic can be closed now!

Edited by Darth Legolas

Now I feel bad. I just found the right click-save link as button. I had to download it twice but now it's fully loaded. I guess that means I owe you one! I really hope it didn't take too much to convert that.

I'll know for next time... :blush:

Great Success!

Don't worry about it, I wouldn't have offered if I didn't want to do it.

BTW it took no time at all :wink:

Great Success!

Don't worry about it, I wouldn't have offered if I didn't want to do it.

BTW it took no time at all :wink:

Alrighty then! Now on to the next great step, printing! :tongue: Luckily, I can do that myself.

Alrighty then! Now on to the next great step, printing! :tongue: Luckily, I can do that myself.

Be sure to choose the pages to print, that way you can cut out useless pages like the stuff at the end, or build at your computer desk.

40 pages will use alot of color ink. :wacko:

EDIT: You think I should make up a tutorial for this. I'm sure others have had this problem. I could take screen shots and everything.

Be sure to choose the pages to print, that way you can cut out useless pages like the stuff at the end, or build at your computer desk.

40 pages will use alot of color ink. :wacko:

EDIT: You think I should make up a tutorial for this. I'm sure others have had this problem. I could take screen shots and everything.

Go for it! You can probably get indexed. It would be really helpful.

For some reason if you try to open a PDF on the Lego site by clicking the download button, it stalls and never opens. Which is why I mention right clicking and selecting save as. But I see you figured it out now. :)

For some reason if you try to open a PDF on the Lego site by clicking the download button, it stalls and never opens. Which is why I mention right clicking and selecting save as. But I see you figured it out now. :)

This is not entirely true.

It depends on your computer processing power and internet speed.

It takes so long because it actually opens up another program and runs it from within the internet explorer window, plus it has to download the entire thing before displaying it. It takes longer to download this way as opposed to saving it to your computer because it is rendering it and trying to display it the whole time its downloading it.

I can open them up just fine within an internet window but it does take upwards of a minute, and that is with my companies very up do date computer and super fast internet speed.

That's not it either, as my computer is a beast and I build my own. I run EQ2 and Vanguard on high settings and if you can do that it means your computer might be a beast too! As these games choke up even the best. :tongue: I also run on Comcast cable which is purdy fast! :classic:

I did find out what the dilly is though. I use Firefox and it seems that this particular feature page has problems opening a pdf from that page. I tried it with internet explorer and it opened up right away. I also tried it with Opera and it opened right away. So for me it's Firefox. I run Firefox with a script blocker but it's set to allow all on the Lego site. No biggie either way. Just thought I'd report back in case this might be the reason for others experiencing similar.

Edited by Grimmy

That's not it either, as my computer is a beast and I build my own. I run EQ2 and Vanguard on high settings and if you can do that it means your computer might be a beast too! As these games choke up even the best. :tongue: I also run on Comcast cable which is purdy fast! :classic:

I did find out what the dilly is though. I use Firefox and it seems that this particular feature page has problems opening a pdf from that page. I tried it with internet explorer and it opened up right away. I also tried it with Opera and it opened right away. So for me it's Firefox. I run Firefox with a script blocker but it's set to allow all on the Lego site. No biggie either way. Just thought I'd report back in case this might be the reason for others experiencing similar.

That makes sense. Well I still prefer doenloading them anyway, its much simpler, plus if you accidentaly hit the back button, then it needs to load the whole thing again.