41 members have voted

1. 1. Vote your opinion!

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

indexed.gif

This has been reviewed, but I wanted to give it an 'Academy' review, so here it is ... On this topic, opinions I have :yoda:

img_2749.jpg

Let's face it, Attack of the Clones was a terrible, terrible film, IMO the worst of the 'hectology'. The unromantic romance, the laughable melodrama, and humorless puns coming out of C3PO's mouth. And Mace Windu says the embarrassing "This party's over!" in the film. So, so regrettable. Has he managed to lived this down yet? I apologized to my girlfriend for taking her to see it. But, and that's a big but, the design was really amazing all over the place. Jango Fett's colors, the Jedi Starfighter with hyperspace ring, and I like the setting on Genosis. So the images of the movie were good... No, great. And with that, I really wanted this set. I saw prices over $100 for MISB, which was just too much for the number of pieces, and put it off. Last week I found a used copy selling for about $45, and decided to pick it up. The owner really cared for this, and all the pieces looked new, as did the box and instructions, so I was very very lucky. How does it hold up, seven years on?

Set#: 7133

Name: Bounty Hunter Pursuit

Theme: Star Wars

Year: 2002

Pieces: 259

Minifigs: Obi-Wan Kenobi (young with Dark Orange Hair, no Headset), Zam Wesell, Anakin Skywalker (Grown Up) without Cape

Price: 4,100 yen, used

MSP: U.S.$30, £27.99

7133-1.jpg

High-speed bounty hunter chase! Anakin SkywalkerTM and Obi-Wan KenobiTM are on the trail of bounty hunter Zam WesellTM! She flies her vessel at reckless speed through the streets of CoruscantTM, but they won't give up. Can AnakinTM and Obi-WanTM catch her before there's a crash? Includes Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Zam Wesell.

Peeron

Brickset

Bricklink

The box

A 2002, Attack of the Clones set. Looks exciting enough.

img_2198.jpg

The back shows the one speeder in action, crashing and losing its wings, as well as some movie photos to put it in perspective, an alternate model, and some other clones sets, the Starfighter, the SlaveI, the battle of Genosis sets, and that one on the lower left that I think was called the Natman8000 special.

img_2199.jpg

The side is a little peculiar, in that it only shows one proper figure, and that figure is labeled "Clawdite". <edit> On taking a second look, on another side, the three figures are together with the names labeled. It's 1:1, but it's not a full body shot.

img_2201.jpg

The Pieces

Beyond the bright colors (I imagine these colors were really rare when they came out), this set had pieces either I didn't have, or had never seen before. Metalic cups for lights, dark transparent slopes, printed slopes and a cockpit, and these yellow vents that make the speeder look faster.

img_2235.jpg

Three figures with no print on their backs. Very late model, yellow skin SW figures. Love the detailing on Zam Wesell.

img_2202.jpg

Lego Jesus... er, Obi Wan is the same as in his Starfighter set, but the face lacks the microphone and headgear.

img_2205.jpg

The print on Zam is very in line with her character profile. Very good attention to detail.

img_2207.jpg

Hey, you're not Lego! :tongue: Anyway, this is Zam when she let's her guard down.

zam-clawdite.jpg

And so the figure has a two sided head print, when you want to get really clawdite.

img_2208.jpg

The Finished Product

Anakin's Airspeeder

This was far from the best ship in the movie, it basically looks like a space taxi, very Earth-y. It wouldn't look out of place in the current Space Police line. As a Lego ship, it's got a nice aerodynamic shape. [rant] the prequels were really concerned with portraying 'Earth in space'... the death sticks, Dexter's Diner, and the airspeeders that looked like cars... the design and production is fantastic, but the underlying idea is really dull.[/rant]

img_2210.jpg

A sleek bubble like contour.

img_2212.jpg

Why is the engine exposed? It looks cool I guess.

img_2213.jpg

The thruster on the back stands out really well against the yellow and green. It's very successful.

img_2215.jpg

The overhead.

img_2230.jpg

The underside.

img_2217.jpg

The engine is really cool. Black printed R2D2 parts, with vents (that don't show up in the picture, sorry) at the front. The metallic lights jump out.

img_2220.jpg

The cockpit's not great, but it has seat-like spots, and a steering device. It could be better, but it looks fine with the figures inside.

img_2222.jpg

Zam Wesell's Airspeeder

This is a cool, striking ship. Fast looking, even the coloring is fast looking :wub:

img_2234.jpg

Now this is most definitely not a space taxi.

img_2226.jpg

The contour kind of reminds me of how Superman flies, horizontally, with his hands in front. It seems like a really natural design.

img_2227.jpg

The back has two little fins of sorts. Sharp, and gives the ship some visual balance.

img_2228.jpg

Overhead, you can really see the great design on this ship. It looks fast. If those two fins weren't there, the vibe of the ship would completely change. Try covering the tail with your hand, and see how the feeling changes.

img_2229.jpg

Lastly, the wings are held in place, fairly firmly, with elastics. By sliding back the dark slopes on the back, either one or both of the wings can fall off. I rewatched that scene from the movie again before writing this review, and no, the wings don't come off there. Rather, the ship hits a wall, and crumples up. As far as I know though, Lego has yet to perfect the art of the crumple. :tongue:

img_2231.jpg

Bonus review!

As a part of the Reviewer's Academy, I was CHALLENGED to make the alternate build. I've never quite loved these, since I can never make it quite as neatly at the pros seem to effortlessly do, but I think I managed to get it about 80% right. At this angle, I pretty much nailed the one on the box. (join the Academy today, to get in on the shenanigans!)

img_2244.jpg

From a side view, it's a little more iffy. Other than being a little off balance, this seems to work. If I were to work on it more (and I'm not :tongue: ) I'd weigh down the front a little bit.

img_2243.jpg

And so, Zam Wesell bids you adieu from his new helicopterish vehicle.

Adieu! Adieu!

img_2248.jpg

The Final Verdict

This set was awesome. Two ships, striking design, rare pieces, a one time only mini-fig, printed pieces, etc etc. It's not as sleek as the sets tend to be now, but it's quite good for that year, and far better than, say, Jango's Slave which is a little clunky, looking back on it now.

img_2237.jpg

Design: 9/10 So much of the design was taken from Lucasfilm, but TLG did a very good job with it. It loses one point for one ship looking like a space taxi.

Build:7/10 Nothing too unusual. Special note taken for the space taxi's clever engine and SNOT technique. The Zam airspeeder isn't really that complicated, it didn't need to be. The detachable wings are interesting. Also, the set came in two bags, so that was nice of TLG to do :wink:

Playability: 9/10 As my reviews have shown, I love paired ships. They come with play possibilities built in. Having good guys and bad guys in one set is also good for play opportunities. The functionality of Zam's speeder is interesting, though it's not really useful, except as a crashing thing. But it's interesting.

Minifigures: 9/10 This is a hard call. I used to be a super Star Wars fan, until I saw Attack of the Clones to be honest. (I still dig that universe though, and can enjoy it). Anyway, Star Wars fans tend to love bounty hunters; Boba Fett, Boushh, even the new guy, Cad Bane who's been on TV for 15 minutes and is already a fan favorite (look for his Clone Wars set in 2010, I bet the house on it). So this set, with the reptilian Zam Wesell, was bound to be a desired one. And so it is, it usually sells for twice as much as a set like 7143, despite having a similar price point originally. I do believe the lovely purple bounty hunter makes a huge difference. I'm glad to have it, if only for its uniqueness. And like other Lego bounty hunters, like Boba Fett, and, er, Dengar, the figure is lovingly designed. And there's another Anakin figure and a Lego Jesus figure.

Price: 10/10 It's 259 parts, but for the size and all, I'm perfectly satisfied. At the 2002 price, I'd have been thrilled (where was my head back then :hmpf: )

Overall: 9/10 A unique set, striking, one of a kind mini-fig, chrome light sabers. Amazing. The only reason it's not 10 is because it doesn't blow my mind. Can a 200-something piece set blow a person's mind? Regardless, this set is very, very good, and a worthwhile addition to any Lego collection. In fact, I saw a cheap used one on e-Bay. Don't you think it's time you filled in the cracks of your collection?

Master Kenobi, are you alright? You're looking a little pale....

img_2239.jpg

vvvvyeewwwww! ppshhhhhhhoooooo!

cor.jpg

Cheers all!

Great review, def!

This is probably the most colorful LEGO Star Wars set made so far. :laugh:

Those printed parts and Zam Wessel are awesome. :wub:

By the way, I never knew that the set number was 733 instead of 7133, and that hunter was spelled "huntner". :laugh:

Great review def and the set looks in excellent condition, well worth the money. :thumbup:

Master Kenobi, are you alright? You're looking a little pale....

Hahaha, very funny :laugh:

thx for the excellent review... must have been some work... still, i don't like the set, but i'm more into the old episodes...

By the way, I never knew that the set number was 733 instead of 7133, and that hunter was spelled "huntner". :laugh:

$#! Late at night, I copied this over. Unfortunately, I can't edit titles. If Kim T would be so kind as to fix that up. :blush:

thx for the excellent review... must have been some work... still, i don't like the set, but i'm more into the old episodes...

Appreciated. This review definitely took over an hour (write it, leave it for the afternoon, come back and tweak it). With that little helicopter, two hours for sure :tongue: But that was also playing. I really enjoy the Reviewer's Academy system, where I can think about the review a little bit before posting it. These are for posterity, you know? Collectors could be using these as reference in 50 years... Who knows?

Thanks for the review. I found it very informative. Its always good to ready reviews of sets that came out before I started looking at Lego Star Wars ... and moaned about why I didn't start earlier.

This was a nice review! I think you deserve a lot of credit for taking the time to assemble the alternative model for us. This brings back memories. Wish I hadn't taken this apart... :cry_sad:

I started collecting lego after this set came out which im disappointed about because i feel that this is one of the best star wars sets made. The bright colours make it so attractive and and the minifig selection is awesome! I really really really want this set and your are so lucky to get it that cheap. :cry_happy:

Great review also!

Great review! Very informative with lots of clear images for an interesting set like this, where it was used to feature part of the EPII movie. Good job, on the alternate build challenge. :thumbup:

Didn't expect you to build it up, but its a real nice built.

$#! Late at night, I copied this over. Unfortunately, I can't edit titles. If Kim T would be so kind as to fix that up. :blush:

Can I be kind to you too? :blush:

:wink:

Great review! I own this set and enjoy it quite a bit. Zam is an excellent figure, and the ships are well-designed and interesting. I got it because I wanted to make a big Coruscant scene and thought they'd look good as generic ships in Coruscant traffic. I looked them up and alas, they are both unique or one-off ships in the SW universe :sad: Oh well. They are still neat with quite a few unique pieces (and no stickers!).

Can I be kind to you too? :blush:

:wink:

Much obliged sir, thankee ye.

This was a nice review! I think you deserve a lot of credit for taking the time to assemble the alternative model for us. This brings back memories. Wish I hadn't taken this apart... :cry_sad:

Yes, thanks for taking the time to do this. The helicopter doesn't look too bad, although I don't really associate 'copters with the Star Wars universe. It wouldn't look too out of place in that Jungle Exo-Force theme from last year :grin:

Excellent photography as always! I love how Zam looks confused by the position of the lightsaber in the open cockpit shot from the alt-model: 'What the?? How that #$% did that get there?' :laugh:

This was my favorite Star Wars set as a kid, endless swooshability and play. :cry_happy: And the Zam Wessel minifig is indeed sought after, I sold her the second I listed her on Bricklink. :oh:

Great review, thanks