zinfinion

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes

Wow? Dialogue in a Lego game? I'll save my judgement for when I play it, but I always enjoyed the noises the characters made in place of speech. :sceptic:

The Joker appears to have a boat, so hopefully that will feature as a full set in the future, alongside the new Blue Robin, and some of those new Joker goons that both appear in the trailer too!

At 0:55 you can see what looks to be Mr. Freeze in the background. Hopefully that is an indication he will be featured in an upcoming set too, although several characters (Batgirl, Mad Hatter, Killer Moth, etc) all appeared in the first game without ever being in real sets.

YES! Clancy Brown as Luthor! :cry_happy: Alas, no Mark Hamill as Joker, but that was to be expected I guess. As long as they get more voices from the animated shows, I don't mind the new dialogues at all! :sweet: They will probably only use them for the cutscenes anyway.

The game looks really cool. I love what you can do with Superman :wub:

I find it a bit weird that there seem to be voices in the game this time. Though I only heard Lex and the Joker, I think, and they sound pretty good, it still takes some getting used to :sceptic:

Regards,

Mitch

:facepalm: Still no sign of Penguin.....

Though the game looks rather decent now. I'll hold my judgement till the final release though.

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

I'm not sure how I feel about the voices. If Clancy Brown really is voicing Luthor, that is pretty cool. I haven't been very happy with some of the voices in some of LEGO's specials and television shows (especially Sensei Wu), so I hope that this game has decent voices, if any at all.

The game looks pretty good, I just hope that it doesn't become like the hero levels in the last game, just with Superman added. It would be nicer, but it would still get boring. I hope that they mix it up some by adding Nightwing or Green Lantern or such to different hero levels, just for variety.

:facepalm: Still no sign of Penguin.....

On the bright side, we do only know about four villains, so I think that there is still a pretty good chance he appears. :classic:

Edit: Shouldn't this be merged to this thread?

Edited by Superficial Username

You would think I wouldn't be bothered at all by the addition of voices, seeing as that I grew up on early lego games like the Lego Island series and Rock Raiders. But man, I just am not feeling it this time. Traveler's Tales has set a pretty consistent standard with the mute comedy of all their previous games, and pushing that all aside for the cinematic style of virtually every major video game these days just seems wrong. IMO, The Lego Star Wars games wouldn't have been nearly as memorable if they had, say, just shown Darth Vader telling Luke "I am your father" instead of the clever reimagining that was actually featured. :sadnew:

Edited by Zarkan

Hm? I don't really get why people hate to hear voices in LEGO games. :sceptic:

Well, yes. TT LEGO games characters were mute before, but I frankly speaking started to get bored by those same jestures jokes that go from game to game. The voicing in the trailer sounds great so far and that will definitely make the game look like an actual story, not just several missions thrown together.

As for Freeze, so far he looks just like his previouys incarnation. Which can mean two things: either we're getting a similar fig in the next wave, or getting no Freeze at all. For some reason, the second variant sounds more probable to me. :hmpf_bad:

EB Game's description:

Batman and Robin return in LEGO® Batman™ 2: DC Super Heroes, the highly-anticipated sequel to the best-selling LEGO® videogame of all time, which to date has sold more than 11 million units worldwide. This time the Dynamic Duo join forces with other famous DC super heroes including Superman, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern to stop the notorious villains Lex Luthor and The Joker from destroying Gotham City. Batman fans of all ages will enjoy a new and original story filled with classic LEGO videogame action and humour as players fight to put the bad guys back behind bars.

Experience an original LEGO adventure that has Batman and Robin teaming up with Superman to defend Gotham City from The Joker and Lex Luthor.

Discover a new storyline that introduces a massive Gotham City hub full of fun exploration, collection and vehicles.

Traverse Gotham City’s open realm by walking, flying or unlocking and controlling a variety of cool vehicles including the Batmobile, Batwing and Batboat (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii and PC)

Experience for the first time in a LEGO videogame, talking LEGO minifigures.

Master new suits and gadgets, such as Batman’s Power Suit and Robin’s Hazard Suit equipped with a Pressure Cannon that can absorb and dispense hazardous liquids.

Collect 50 DC Comics characters, including The Flash, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and many others.

Flex your new super abilities and soar through the air with free-roaming flight, freeze and push objects with Super-Breath, and heat up and cut holes through objects with Heat Vision.

Create unique super heroes with customisable characters.

Play with friends and family using easy drop-in/drop-out co-op play that features dynamic split screen (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii and PC).

But such horrible pricing :sceptic:

EB Games

I found this article this morning which pretty much confirms Flash. :sweet:

EB Game's description:

But such horrible pricing :sceptic:

:hmpf_bad: Hopefully it will appear somewhere else. Even if it really is exclusive, maybe there will be another pre-order item from a different site with more reasonable pricing.

Edited by Superficial Username

Darn, still haven't got the first batman game to 100% (because of a bug).

But I could swear I saw this in some online store for pre-orders around 30 euros (for all platforms) but I just can't find it anymore, and my browsing history doesn't go that far back :(

EDIT: found it, mixed it with Tintin game sale banner :(

Edited by Dervish

Not sure on dialogue being added, I always liked the more creative and humorous cut scenes where expressions were used simply and very effectively.

I myself am looking forward to seeing The Flash as a character in the game and hopefully he will get his own sets in the future. :wub:

This mini-movie aired on Cartoon Network tonight, I didn't see any mention of it, so CLICK HERE if you want to watch it. I think it's quite amusing. However, I did notice that a lot of the clips in the game trailer were in the mini-movie... Perhaps they really don't talk in the actual game?..

Edited by Drilll

Wow. That was great! Music from Batman:TAS, Original Lex Luthor voice, and a pretty close Mark Hamill voice. Amazing!

I hope that that becomes an actual show instead of just an opening movie for the game.

The penguin? THE PENGUIN?! :cry_happy:

Does it mean I'm there as well?! Aw! How sweeeeeeeet! Hopefully some sets for me then! :sweet:

The penguin? THE PENGUIN?! :cry_happy:

Does it mean I'm there as well?! Aw! How sweeeeeeeet! Hopefully some sets for me then! :sweet:

Except he appears to be taking a bath with Joker's Laughing Fish..... Yipe! :tongue:

Except he appears to be taking a bath with Joker's Laughing Fish..... Yipe! :tongue:

So what?! :hmpf_bad:

A gentleman can get rather lonely in Arkham.

6874005070_6737a6d759_b.jpg

As I mentioned in the general superheroes discussion thread, this new exclusive Lex Luthor minifig is now available through Gamestop.com in the USA, as a free bonus if you pre-order the new video game. It is also available in Australia now, and probably Europe soon... He wears the same body-armor as the Space Marine from CMF Series 7.

Edited by The Real Indiana Jones