Sign in to follow this  
Mos_Eisley

Speeder Salvage Battle Pack

indexed.gif

Jawas were among my favorite of the Kenner action figures when I was a kid. I think the LEGO versions are just as good and I think it would be great if people could get them in something cheaper than a now retired $140 set. Since Jawas are mainly scavengers, this seemed like the perfect scene for them. I wanted to create a larger speeder wreck, but it's tough within the confines of a Battle Pack!

Speeder Salvage Battle Pack

Item #: 9568

Ages: 6-12

Parts: 67

Scavenge the Dune Sea with a Jawa tribe!

You never know what you'll find while exploring the deserts and wastelands of Tatooine! Remains from wrecked speeders include plenty of scrap parts for Jawas to take back to their sandcrawler transports! Sometimes you'll even find complete droids! With a little work, these are sure to sell quite well to the local moisture farmers!

- Includes 3 Jawas with ion blasters and the all-new Salvaged RA-7 Droid!

- Build your army and add #9569 Jabba's Guards Battle Pack for even more Tatooine fun!

1front.jpg

back.jpg

bp1.jpg

bp2.jpg

bp3.jpg

Thanks for the fun contest and I look forward to seeing some great entries!

Wow! *oh2* I love how you included another Battle Pack in your entry!

I would steal this as soon as soon as I saw it. 3 rare Jawas and a rare droid too! EDIT: I see, it's not the official droid. Clever use of the damaged Darth torso!

You've got my vote. :thumbup:

Edited by YG-49

This set looks great. I have competition in this contest.

I really like how you posted the box art. It looks very perfessional. You have a very good selection of figures and the parts in the sand look great. I really like the crashed landspeeder and droid legs sticking out from the ground. My first idea was to do a Jawa battle pack for this contest. I couldn't think of a good set though. It seems like you thought of one.

Good job. Very creative. :thumbup:

Very very nice BP. I'll buy multiple if this is a real set. I like the box design and all that. You gone much much further than the others I seen. You even gone so far as have the opposition set to this (the Gammorean).

Just an idea ... and sorry if its been said somewhere else but wouldn't it be great if TLC release the winning set as a real set next year or the year after?

Edited by Fumoffu

Wonderful work, Mos_Eisley! Especially for a newbie. :thumbup:

The box art is fantastic! Very realistic indeed. You're other entry looks good as well, but maybe a skiff guard or a Weequay would add some variation.

I assume you'd like a new RA-7 droid to be made?

Although simple and not really a battlepack (unless you have them fighting the Gamorreans), I love this as a set. I have no Jawas and I'd certainly get my hands on at least one of these.

btw. According to SW Battlefront 2, the opposition to this should be Tuskens. :tongue: That would be great too.

Well done! :sweet:

Edited by ADHO15

wow awesome work. I love the custom protocol droid and you have used the damaged vader torso perfectly. I really like all the speeder in the sand and the droid buried in the sand is really well done

This is a great entry! :thumbup:

btw. According to SW Battlefront 2, the opposition to this should be Tuskens. :tongue: That would be great too.

Well done! :sweet:

They can battle Natman's. :grin:

They can battle Natman's. :grin:

Yep, I hope to upload mine today. I like this one you made, but I think that it is too structural, there is too much sand taking over the broken down speeders.

I like this one you made, but I think that it is too structural, there is too much sand taking over the broken down speeders.

It wouldn't be much of a salvage if there was only a tiny bit of sand. :tongue:

I love it. It includes 3 rare figures, and a very creatively designed damaged droid. The wreckage is perfect, it isn't overdone. Just a few bits of speeder. This would look nice next to Natman's battlepack :classic:

Thanks for the comments and suggestions! I know this one doesn't have a vehicle like traditional battle packs, but since their vehicle is a bit large for a battle pack, I thought the Jawas should be picking up some spare parts. I would also say that none of the actual Battle Packs really create a battle on their own, that's what the other faction's Battle Pack is for. Jawas aren't looking for a fight, but if you try to swoop in on their finds they'll want to battle.

I definitely agree with the suggestion for my extra Battle Pack to include a Skiff Guard. If it was actually being produced or entered into the contest, I would do that for sure!

*oh2**huh*

WOW!!!! crazily real!!!! I soooo wish this was a real set :cry_happy::wub:

amazing, absolutly amazing!! :wub::thumbup:

good luck with the comp! :classic:

CommanderFox

Oh yeah, I'm sure everybody would want an army of broken protocol droids. :tongue:

Nice BP, but the parts included are somewhat random. I know it's intended that way, but BPs are meant to be purchased in multiples, and who would want multiples of random landspeeder parts? :sceptic: What I'm trying to say is that this seems more like a small set than a BP. But still, for what it is supposed to be, it's very well executed. I like the use of the battle-damaged Vader torso for the droid. :thumbup:

Also, that Gamorean Guard BP is a nice easter egg. :wink:

I like your battle pack, but I don't like that you gave the Jawa's weapons. Anyway, all battle packs are good so far.

Great entry Mos,

Who wouldn't like a Jawa pack? Add me to the list! I never bought 10144 so missed my chance to get some Jawas (bricklink prices are a wee bit steep too). A pack like this would be great.

I like the idea of your model, but I reckon it would be really, really cool if all the parts - engines, windscreen, dunes - could be rebuilt into a speeder! It'd add that extra dimension to your battle pack too.

This is one instance where the megaphone 'blasters' may actually work better!

Actually you might be right there! I never thought I'd use a megaphone over a blaster, but in the case of Jawas it suits the flared end to their stun rifles.

Good luck with your entry Mos!

Great entry Mos,

Who wouldn't like a Jawa pack? Add me to the list! I never bought 10144 so missed my chance to get some Jawas (bricklink prices are a wee bit steep too). A pack like this would be great.

I like the idea of your model, but I reckon it would be really, really cool if all the parts - engines, windscreen, dunes - could be rebuilt into a speeder! It'd add that extra dimension to your battle pack too.

Actually you might be right there! I never thought I'd use a megaphone over a blaster, but in the case of Jawas it suits the flared end to their stun rifles.

Good luck with your entry Mos!

Having the ability to build the wrecked speeder into a functional one was my original plan, but given the piece constraints, I just wasn't able to do it satisfactorily. I was left with the options of having a speeder or having a wrecked one. I thought I'd go away from the "normal" battle pack and have a little scene more suited to Jawas. What I thought would be even better is if it included enough droid parts that you could mix and match them and create different droids. Again, the constraints of the contest wouldn't allow for this as they would have counted against my fig total and I wanted the focus to be on the Jawas. For me, I don't even care what the vehicle is in the battle packs. I buy them for the figs and the rest just gets added to my parts bins.

Regarding the megaphones, I just wouldn't want them in a battle pack! The Jawas came with the space gun/torch piece in the Sandcrawler and the megaphone is probably slightly better than that. I think an ion blaster would be somewhere between the megaphone and the small guns but I'm not a customizer and didn't have a lot of room for extra parts so I figured I'd use something that people would probably like to have more of.

Rules Of Entry:

• 4 Minifigs - brickbuilt minifigs counts a minifig (no more, no less).
  • 50-70 Parts (minifigs not included).
  • Custom minifigs and accessories allowed (Brickforge, Brickarms and so forth).
  • No clone brand parts (megablocks, blocko and so forth).
  • No baseplates (or large parts like BURP).
  • S@H-like Description (check the descriptions on shop.lego.com for inspiration).
  • Own motivation for creating set (why these figs and accessories?).
  • Max 5 pictures from different angles - One of which should be a box diplay/image.
  • Please include a link to off-site folder with more pics or higher resolution pictures (optional).
  • Max picture resolution is 800x600.
  • No large parts - it's a Battle Pack and should resemble existing BP's in size and contents.
  • Only one entry per member.
  • 'Real' entries only - no digital entries.
  • Entry has to be a new MOC.

Perfection :laugh:

I love jawas and you sure made this a BP that I'd dream of to come true.

That's a great entry, Mos_Eisley! :thumbup:

I really :wub: it!

I indeed can't imagine TLG releasing this one since it's more kind of a small set than a BP.

Nevertheless the composition of the different contents - minifigs, small vehicle and additional stuff - is great!

Very well done! :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

You could have a random color damaged protocol droid in each set so you don't have an army of black damaged protocol droids. :tongue: I would love to have more protocol droids. The only ones lego has made were gold, black and white. They could put in a red droid, a blue droid, a green droid and a grey one. They could even do the same with the astromech droid head/leg! :cry_happy: