What's in a name ???

741 replies to this topic

#626 TheBoyWonder

TheBoyWonder

• Benji! Did you hear? I'm a Bwobwic Human

Member: 19700

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:16 PM

TheBoyWonder.

I chose it because of Dick Grayson, The original Robin and The Boy Wonder.
Romulus Dean in Heroica RPG.

#627 Big Cam

Big Cam

• A good mood, too.

Member: 5701

Posted 04 February 2012 - 06:39 PM

View PostSisco, on 04 February 2012 - 04:51 AM, said:

New name, new story.
Not really.  It's just what all my friends IRL call me. :tongue:  I felt that 'cralegoboy' was getting old (and made me sound like a little boy playing with his Legos, according to Jimbutcher), so I wanted something new.  I just went with what I was called.

Is this a permanent change from cralegoboy?

View PostTheBoyWonder, on 04 February 2012 - 12:16 PM, said:

TheBoyWonder.

I chose it because of Dick Grayson, The original Robin and The Boy Wonder.

Same for you, is this permanent from JediAnakin?

#628 TheBoyWonder

TheBoyWonder

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:31 PM

Yes, I prefer it to the old Name. Not to say I won't change it in the future, but I probably will stick to this.

#629 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

• Look at my Post Count!

Member: 11254

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:46 PM

View PostTheBoyWonder, on 04 February 2012 - 07:31 PM, said:

Yes, I prefer it to the old Name. Not to say I won't change it in the future, but I probably will stick to this.
I think I prefer it to your old name, too. It's still a licensed character's name, but - no offense intended - 'JediAnakin' sounded like something one of the kids on MOCpages might pick.  :laugh:

#630 olaf9198

olaf9198

Member: 17495

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:00 PM

my name isn't complicatet it's my name +my birthday but than the two first number you must turn around :classic:

#631 TheBoyWonder

TheBoyWonder

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:51 PM

View PostBrickdoctor, on 04 February 2012 - 07:46 PM, said:

I think I prefer it to your old name, too. It's still a licensed character's name, but - no offense intended - 'JediAnakin' sounded like something one of the kids on MOCpages might pick.  :laugh:
I let my brother choose the name for me.  :hmpf_bad:

#632 Sisco

Sisco

• Golden Amusement Park

Member: 8341

Posted 04 February 2012 - 10:21 PM

View PostBig Cam, on 04 February 2012 - 06:39 PM, said:

Is this a permanent change from cralegoboy?
Yes sir, it is.  "Sisco" is staying.  Do you like it?
Heroica Stats
Currently Playing as Sigrid in TinyPie's Ragnarok Now Redux.
Won as the Sithy Sith Ili Seosty in K-Nut's and MB's Jedi Temple Mafia.
Won as the Dark One Craig Otoko In Def's The Coming Darkness.
Won
as the only survivor (loyal) Amy Leeds in Village of the Bloody Damned.
Died as Servant of Loki Sigmund in TinyPies' Ragnarok Now Mafia.
Died as Loyal Townie happy-go-lucky firefighter Craig Boy in Eurodina Mafia.
Died loyal in PoP Mafia Game.
Died as Alex Jordan in Bob's Suburbia.
Survived 'till the end but still mourns his wife, Valerie as Ralph Jenkins in Red Scare Mystery.
Wanna know more about me? Check out my Profile!

#633 Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus

Member: 20608

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:39 PM

Oh wow, can't believe I never saw this thread before. :blush:

Anyway, my name comes, obviously, from the Sith Lord of the Old Republic era, but the story is a little more complicated than "I just liked his name, so it became my screen name". It all started when I was growing up. I used to eat triple-decker sandwiches on a regular basis, and my mom jokingly called me "The Lord of Hunger". Well, later, when I got the Knights of the Old Republic game, coincidentally Darth Nihilus was called the Lord of Hunger (Or at least that's how I remember it, it was a while ago so I might be wrong). So, when I was asked to choose my screen name in the sign-up process, Darth Nihilus instantly came to mind. At first, I mispelled it (darthnihilius), but I corrected it later when I became a Knight and was able to.
Dak Shadeaux, Level 15 Black Knight
HP: 30/30 Ether: 0/0
SP: 12 Power: 25 (20 for ranged attacks)
Gold: 3 Artifacts: Trendy Handbag (protects wearer from whatever bad effect was inflicted to a party member last)*protects from badly poisoned-effect*, Heavy Armor (SP:5, protects from fragile-effect)
Inventory: Black Sword (WP:10, lightning-elemental), Throwing Knife (WP:5), Fauxthril Shield (SP:7), Twin Longswords (WP:3), 5 Potions, 2 Grand Potions, Grand Tonic, Elixir, Remedy, Pheonix Essence, 3 Meads, 2 Venoms, Nostrum, Mythril Shard, Bedroll, Shovel, Aquamarine.

#634 Storel

Storel

Member: 23700

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:11 PM

Storel comes from my first Live Action Roleplay characters name, and he subsequently found his way into other RPG's and stuff.

If it hadn't have been Storel, I figure my screename woulda been from my Age of Empires days; Danthered. Dan because it's my name, red because it's my favourite colour*.  :laugh:

*Despite the fact that I wear black most of the time (and no I'm not a goth, emo or anything, it just goes with the job and the college course)  :laugh:

#635 LEGOman273

LEGOman273

Member: 22977

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:49 PM

View PostDarth Nihilus, on 09 February 2012 - 09:39 PM, said:

Oh wow, can't believe I never saw this thread before. :blush:

Anyway, my name comes, obviously, from the Sith Lord of the Old Republic era, but the story is a little more complicated than "I just liked his name, so it became my screen name". It all started when I was growing up. I used to eat triple-decker sandwiches on a regular basis, and my mom jokingly called me "The Lord of Hunger". Well, later, when I got the Knights of the Old Republic game, coincidentally Darth Nihilus was called the Lord of Hunger (Or at least that's how I remember it, it was a while ago so I might be wrong). So, when I was asked to choose my screen name in the sign-up process, Darth Nihilus instantly came to mind. At first, I mispelled it (darthnihilius), but I corrected it later when I became a Knight and was able to.
How do you change your name?

#636 Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus

Member: 20608

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:59 PM

View PostLegoman273, on 10 February 2012 - 08:49 PM, said:

How do you change your name?
Go to your profile, in the top right corner of your About Me page it says "Edit my Profile", click that, and then there is a menu with stuff like "Change Signature", "Change Photo", "Change Avatar", and one says "Change Screen Name". Click that, then it will ask you for your password and what you want your new screen name to be.
EDIT: I just checked, and there are several tabs to open on the top of the screen when you click Edit My Profile, click the one that says "General Settings".

Edited by Darth Nihilus, 10 February 2012 - 09:00 PM.

Dak Shadeaux, Level 15 Black Knight
HP: 30/30 Ether: 0/0
SP: 12 Power: 25 (20 for ranged attacks)
Gold: 3 Artifacts: Trendy Handbag (protects wearer from whatever bad effect was inflicted to a party member last)*protects from badly poisoned-effect*, Heavy Armor (SP:5, protects from fragile-effect)
Inventory: Black Sword (WP:10, lightning-elemental), Throwing Knife (WP:5), Fauxthril Shield (SP:7), Twin Longswords (WP:3), 5 Potions, 2 Grand Potions, Grand Tonic, Elixir, Remedy, Pheonix Essence, 3 Meads, 2 Venoms, Nostrum, Mythril Shard, Bedroll, Shovel, Aquamarine.

#637 LEGOman273

LEGOman273

Member: 22977

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:13 PM

View PostDarth Nihilus, on 10 February 2012 - 08:59 PM, said:

Go to your profile, in the top right corner of your About Me page it says "Edit my Profile", click that, and then there is a menu with stuff like "Change Signature", "Change Photo", "Change Avatar", and one says "Change Screen Name". Click that, then it will ask you for your password and what you want your new screen name to be.
EDIT: I just checked, and there are several tabs to open on the top of the screen when you click Edit My Profile, click the one that says "General Settings".
Done! Thanks!

#638 BobBongo1895

BobBongo1895

Member: 23939

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:04 PM

Funny thread.

Ok my nick is easy to explain. Bob Bongo is my name in my Band, which is called the Bingo Bongo Brothers. I am the bass player. All of us got such stupid names. :-)

1895 is not my birthday ;-) It is the date of forming my fav football team.
1895 Fortuna Düsseldorf.

That is the story behind my nick.

Next one pls
Posted Image

#639 purpleparadox

purpleparadox

Member: 26763

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:45 AM

The first part of my name "purple" comes from the BEST LEGO COLOUR!!! The "paradox" part comes from two different places.

The LU faction, and just paradoxes in general. If you want to see some interesting ones, follow the links in my "Hi From Canada" topic.

So yeah, "purpleparadox"

Posted Image

#640 RPGer

RPGer

Member: 25899

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:37 PM

Well, I love role-playing games, so I decided my name would be RPGer. :classic:

I'm a Christian and proud of it

Won as Scummy Rapunzel in Sandy's A Bedtime Story Mafia.

Playing as Czech Varsev, 41 year-old elvish Ranger in Heroica RPG.

#641 Scubacarrot

Scubacarrot

• Completely Lame

Member: 21005

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:59 PM

The only reason I can give for my name was that I was drunk when I thought of it.

Posted Image

#642 Duck

Duck

• scRubber Duck

Member: 4078

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:13 PM

View PostScubacarrot, on 04 March 2012 - 07:59 PM, said:

The only reason I can give for my name was that I was drunk when I thought of it.

A very valid reason!

My name comes from back at college where while playing football, I was accused of running... like a Duck! And it stuck. Not quite sure how I run like a Duck... in that sense the lad who accused me ran like a coke-vending-machine on legs!

#643 LEGO Guy Bri

LEGO Guy Bri

Member: 13958

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:48 PM

My revised one is relatively self-explanatory, I LOVE Lego, I'm a guy, and my name is Brian (shortened for the rhyme)   Posted Image
-I don't tell you how to tell me what to do, so don't you tell me how to do what you told me to do... I know when to use finesse

#644 88high

88high

Member: 22120

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:01 AM

My name comes from Roblox.com"s game. I joined when I was 8 and my friends had names like 33high, 67high, so i decided to go along with the trend. it stuck as being my screenname when I first started Brickshelf...and well, then it just stuck!

#645 Im a brickmaster.

Im a brickmaster.

• Apostrofree

Member: 26931

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:36 AM

Well, mine was a accident, see when I made an account I typed it in the wrong box  :blush:
It was going to be Jango e1-g4, similar to my brick set account, but it ended up like this! :laugh:
But it is, I was a brick master member when it was around. :sweet:
I. Am. Iron Man.                                                                                                                                            Being ignored since 2012!

#646 _JDB

_JDB

Member: 23971

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:30 PM

An underscore and my initials.  This was also my BrickLink username.

It was originally "Brickkyou" (Brick + "Lord" in Japanese), then it was my what my EB username is now, but now it's my Xbox Live Gamertag.  I will change it back when the green hat goes away.

#647 viracocha

viracocha

• Mmmm forbidden donut

Member: 27322

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:14 AM

Viracocha is the great creator god in the pre-Inca and Inca mythology in the Andes region of South America.

#648 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

• Mitgardia's moccing machine

Member: 20775

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:36 AM

I obviously like soccer and when I first made the username I was a kid, six just sounded good after soccerkid so that's what I used.
I have never switched though it's been some time  :hmpf:
Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentleman, Farmer, and Protector in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

#649 dhc6twinotter

dhc6twinotter

Member: 10485

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:31 AM

I'm an aviation nut as well as a LEGO nut, and since I can never come up with a good username, I just pick airplane names!   My username, dhc6twinotter, comes from the  DeHavilland Canada DHC-6 Twin Otter:  

Posted Image

#650 johnnyvgoode

johnnyvgoode

Member: 19563

Posted 11 May 2012 - 04:37 AM

Mine is a play on "Johnny B. Goode", which was played in one of my favorite movies: BTTF.  :sweet:

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users