cimg1986.jpg

cimg1987.jpg

cimg1988.jpg

cimg1989.jpg

cimg1991.jpg

cimg1993.jpg

cimg1995.jpg

cimg1996.jpg

People might have followed my topic Small town. That town has been removed and is being replaced by a new little city. Yesterday I went to pick up all of my old Lego from my parents' place and now I'm building a new city on my table.

Here's the layout I came up with.

cimg0808.jpg

Most of the buildings from my other topic will be installed in this city, but there is plenty of room for other buildings.

Anyone got any sugestions?

Next on my list are:

-Sail 'n fly marina

-Clothing store

-Police Station

Edited by Phred

Can I assume this is going to be old school classic town built city 'Deen' ? :wink:

It's going to be impressive, might I suggest an old Shell service station either the 1254/1255/1256 1999 combination or earlier 6378, 6371 or my old favorite 377 (:wub:) ! :grin:

Keep going 'Deen' and Brick On ! :grin:

Can I assume this is going to be old school classic town built city 'Deen' ? :wink:

It's going to be impressive, might I suggest an old Shell service station either the 1254/1255/1256 1999 combination or earlier 6378, 6371 or my old favorite 377 (:wub:) ! :grin:

Keep going 'Deen' and Brick On ! :grin:

I'm trying to keep the classic feel while still making it big and impressive. I don't own a Shell service station unfortunately, though I do own the 6397 Octan station. The Sail 'n Fly marina has been put together. Pics will follow soon.

I'm trying to keep the classic feel while still making it big and impressive. I don't own a Shell service station unfortunately, though I do own the 6397 Octan station. The Sail 'n Fly marina has been put together. Pics will follow soon.

Well that is also a nice and highly detailed servo and I can't wait for Sail'n'Fly marina to be shown along with your other builds.....oh, don't forget a fire station and post office too ! :wink:

Brick On 'deen' ! :grin:

Update

Spent some of my sunday building the marina and some other things. I know it isn't the right sign for the pizzeria, but I was unable to locate the real one today (don't know were I left it yesterday).

Enjoy!

cimg0815.jpg

Layout. I know it looks reallt messy between the buildings. But so does every working site;)

cimg0817.jpg

Marina with the back of my hotel

cimg0814.jpg

Main street wip

'deen' that's looking real good right now, it's progressing along nicely. I didn't know Octan make pizza's ! :laugh:

Goodness, you found a use for those parts from that crappy bank set of the late 90's...you forgot an ATM though, but still it looks perfect with what I'm assuming is a vehicle workshop (a rollerdoor behind the arch section would be perfect. Don't forget their interiors, 'deen' ! :wink:

I look forward to your next update, and Brick On ! :grin:

Little beach is sweet looking 'deen', but you better move that bike repair shop or the bus will crash into it ! :wink:

Keep going and Brick On 'deen' ! :grin:

I need your oppinion people. I came up with a new layout. The advantage of this new layout is that the buildings at the side of the road will be easily interchangeable as there will not be any buildings standing on the road plates. There are 2 things i don't like about it. It's green and it's a less dynamic layout. What do you guys think?

cimg0828.jpg

This is amazing!

I love the old school town sets and it kind of reminds me of LEGO Island.

The Pizza place at the dock is great!

I think the first road layout was better. It has more play potential for swooshing, (If you can do that with cars and buses?) and it is not green. The crodd roads would be OK if you could then add some more roads to make it more playable in a driving around way, but if you have limited space I'd stick with the first one. But that is just me, others may disagree with just as legit reasons for their own views.

By the way, is that a little Blacktron ship sitting ontop of that building?

With a grain of salt...I'll offer my thoughts.

I preferred the previous layout within the town proper better. This new layout seems to lack "flow" for lack of a better word. the round-about concept is good, but having a few buildings on each arm doesn't work in my minds eye. Unless you plan on adding some additional road plates to better connect the town together. the green isn't as much an issue, if keeping with the traditional town style, since most everything came on green base plates, but again, that comes down to personal preference.

In the end, does it make you happy? The coast line has come together really nicely, so I'm sure whatever you decide will be fine.

indexed.gif B-OV-29D

a little Adidas store. Got the stickers with a pair of shoes.

cimg0829.jpg

Front

cimg0832.jpg

Back

indexed.gif B-OV-29C

oh, don't forget a fire station and post office too !

The small post office got upgraded! It's based on the town hall from the Town Plan set. I still need to add the interior and some nice flowers outside.

cimg0835.jpg

Front

cimg0840.jpg

Back

What do you think?

Some shots of the city! Next additions will be a butcher's store next to the bank and some appartments on top of it!

cimg0841.jpg

cimg0843.jpg

cimg0846.jpg

cimg0847.jpg

cimg0849.jpg

cimg0852.jpg

Why is a gas company making/selling pizzas????

The sign will be replaced as soon as I find the original sign.

Why is a gas company making/selling pizzas????

Ah, onions and garlic....you do the math ! :roflmao:

Where is that gas station 'deen' ? :wink:

Some progress. I added a little butcher shop. It's called 'The Green Butchers', guess why! Also I added some interior to the bank

cimg0866.jpg

cimg0862.jpg

cimg0865.jpg

And the shots from the bank...

cimg0870.jpg

cimg0869.jpg

Some disturbing things are going on in the town!

Nice work 'deen' and you are right....weird things are happening in your city.....like Billy The Kid at the bank and Pirates working in the shops - crazy but cool 'deen' ! :grin:

Keep going and Brick On ! :grin: