kovacs

[MOC] LEGO Factory playset

Hello everyone!

I'd like to share our new LEGO MOC, a LEGO Factory playset which is our LEGO Ideas project too!

LEGO Factory playset on LEGO Ideas

There are many videos about the LEGO production process and many interviews about the LEGO design process, but have you ever wondered about a playable LEGO Factory, where you can play the whole process with your minifigures? You can drive the truck that transports the raw material for the little bricks, then you upload silos - in the meantime, the LEGO designers in the design studio make new models, that could be produced in the factory. Then there is the working moulding machine, “where the magic happens.” It would be so cool, wouldn’t it?

We decided to build a playable LEGO factory that mainly looks like the LEGO HQ in Billund, Denmark and it's interior is fully detailed (playable). Let me show you some pictures about the model:

24481839915_7b210ff660_z.jpg

24186283690_b62963ba06_z.jpg

(For more pictures visit the project page - awesome renders by Zanna)

So what do you think guys? :)

If you like it, please support this idea - we can reach together those 10.000 votes!

Edited by kovacs

It does feel more like a promotion for your project. You could at least have deeplinked a few pictures here not to force one to visit those pages of yours.

So, havent seen it yet. Just wanted you to know. :classic:

It does feel more like a promotion for your project. You could at least have deeplinked a few pictures here not to force one to visit those pages of yours.

So, havent seen it yet. Just wanted you to know. :classic:

If it feels like a promotion - I'm so sorry! I think it's allowed to share my own LEGO Ideas project, because I didn't say that you must visit the site and support the project. If you are interested in it, you can check it out and see the detailed images. :wink: (btw, I have removed the links to the Flickr account.)

I've been very glad to render those images :classic:

It's a very nice idea!

Thank you for the beautiful renderings! Glad you like the idea! :classic:

No worries. Just saying. :classic:

Its looking great though, from what i can tell from the pictures.

Really looks like it has a lot of playability to it as well. And not to many bricks involved.

Ill say great job with this !

Thank you so much! :classic:

We'll probably build it with real LEGO bricks in the next several months.. I hope.. :sweet:

Hello again everyone!

We made a little update for the building - we added 2 more connection points on each sides of the model, so now it's actually modular! :)

Thanks for the images for Zanna!

25146341286_c04b15b587_z.jpg

"Here is the first actual update for my set idea. I read every day your feedback and suggestions for my project here on LEGO Ideas, on facebook, and on LEGO blogs and forums and I’ll try to make my project better with your ideas. So here is the first update. You can see on the project page one image showing that the building is modular, but you can only connect and disconnect the three different areas and the roof. Someone told me, that it isn’t a real modularity - and he was right! So, for the first little update, I added two more connection points to the building (one for the factory and one for the designer’s office). Now you can connect these rooms in two different ways, so you can get a completely new layout with it. The building will be deeper and less wide this way. Hope you like the updated version of it, please leave your opinion in the comment’s area.If you like my project, you can help me in getting 10.000 votes for it by sharing it on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter and Google plus!"

Hello everyone!

We added a new update to our project. Here is the list of new things added:

• Sliding doors - some of you have suggested this, and I saw that actually, the real LEGO HQ has sliding doors, so I added them. I had to modify a little bit the facade of the entrance because of these doors.
  • More details outside - added a bench, trees and minifigs outside, so the model became more colorful this way.
  • Solar panels - the roof was a little bit empty, and if we think about it, LEGO also pays attention to the nature and environmental protection, so I added solar panels on the top of the factory, because this is the room that needs the most energy.
  • Little details - like the “LEGO System A/S” title on the LEGO board, a coffee machine in the designer’s office and a little bit bigger “LEGO Factory playset” board on the top of the building.

360° render! - Zanna had a great idea and made a 360 degree render for our project. I think it looks awesome, you can see it here! ;)

Hope you like the new details. :) New suggestions and ideas are welcome.

27695312234_b753618e43_z.jpg

Edited by kovacs

I like the idea. What is the piece count of the build?

If I changed anything, I would probably swap the design office and the receptionist part in terms of size. The design office appears to me to be more interesting for play and it could use the space of the recpeption very well, whereas the reception would not loose that much if it were half that size.

Thanks!

Yep, the reception room is now a little bit empty now, and your suggestion is actually very good.

Let me show you the picture that I used to build the model:

3929374339_107e6098db_z.jpg?zz=1

What you can see on the right side of the picture, that's the reception room in my model, and next to it on the left side are probably some offices - that's the designer's office in my model (I only used the design of it, the real design studio in Billund isn't there).

Now your question was what's the piece count. It has now about 1400 pieces, which is probably a little bit too much for a LEGO Ideas set. (there are many small parts in the set.) If I make the designer's office bigger, the piece count will be probably around 1600. But If I scale down the reception...I don't know if that would look good. :sceptic: Maybe I can try to make something then show it you.

Hey again everyone, we worked a lot on the LEGO Factory Playset in the past 2 months. We improved its exterior and added some nice playable features in the interior too! If you'd like to read about the new features and see the real model (built with real LEGO bricks...), go here (Brickset article) ;)

30076206054_a43f0383ed_c.jpg

like the injection molding and the tubing to it. good detail work. it's interessting to see the improvements you made. I like the actual version more than the first. go on! 

That was our goal - we tried to improve the model as much as possible! :) Thank you so much, "Zork"! Let's see if we can reach 10.000 one day...

That's a completely stunning MOCset, kovacs! :wub:

I always wondered why TLG hasn't been releasing a Lego Factory theme or at least one huge exclusive set since imo this would be the nearest thing to do! If this creation was released, I'd buy it immediately since a Lego Factory is absolutely needed in my Lego City!

Of course I already voted on it on Lego ideas. Good luck and please let it become real! :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

That's a completely stunning MOCset, kovacs! :wub:

I always wondered why TLG hasn't been releasing a Lego Factory theme or at least one huge exclusive set since imo this would be the nearest thing to do! If this creation was released, I'd buy it immediately since a Lego Factory is absolutely needed in my Lego City!

Of course I already voted on it on Lego ideas. Good luck and please let it become real! :thumbup:

Thank you so much, I'm glad to hear this! :sweet: Let's hope we can reach together those 10,000 votes!

I know bumping topics is frowned upon, but I just saw this and love it! I can't believe it hasn't reached 10K yet, but I am happy to see it on its way. I supported, good luck!

May I share this on my blog?

Very cool. I'm a huge fan of Set 4000001 Moulding Machines so to see a mini version is pretty cool. If you're willing to share the plans/pieces of the moulding machine, let me know. Thanks!

Now that's a good idea! Love the looks of it. :laugh:

Suggestion for the reception area; those printed tiles with lego sets on them. (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)