Anio

UCS Juggernaut HAVw A6

EDIT :

Professional building instruction available here :

You can also email me at setechnic@gmail.com

/EDIT

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hi everyone,

Here is my latest MOC : a UCS Juggernaut.

6021302517_7d0f31fe0e_b.jpgUCS Juggernaut A6 by Anio, sur Flickr

6021302859_76794ba671_b.jpgUCS Juggernaut A6 by Anio, sur Flickr

With that MOC, my goal was to build something accurate, cumbersome, detailed and functionnal. But what was essential is that it had to be pretty small. Actually, the model is about 1,400 parts. Working on the textures was also a key to get a nice looking and detailed model.

I used that pic a lot to design my model :

Jugprofile.jpg

The size of my model was more or less defined by the wheels 2903, like set 8098. These wheels were IMO the best choice for a Juggernaut.

I choose to make fake suspensions and I included a real steering mechanism. The hog is hidden in a turret.

19.JPG

Then, I added the details. I did not wanted all the surfaces to look empty so I added a lot of textures, just like what I did on the chassis.

I added dark red lines like on the real model. I also added assymetrcial dark red touches in the same spirit as 10179, for the model not to be too neat.

A detail I like : on the back, the use of mudguard to do the observation post. ^^

A few more pics :

6021302689_aa4f937528_b.jpgUCS Juggernaut A6 by Anio, sur Flickr

6021303545_0516baaf17_b.jpgUCS Juggernaut A6 by Anio, sur Flickr

6021303337_c99d027c08_b.jpgUCS Juggernaut A6 by Anio, sur Flickr

6021856000_39a6f74564_b.jpgUCS Juggernaut A6 by Anio, sur Flickr

Short presentation of the model :

Instructions coming soon ! :D

Wow that's a lot of Dark grey Anio. A very nice MOC, only isn't this an A5 juggernaut? it looks a bit small.

Great looking suspension, the UCS label looks very professional. But the 5th image is missing.

Really nice moc you have made anio. I really like this model, but it seems a bit small. I am not a fan of those wheels, bit still a great job.

Keep up the good work. And hope this is not TLC next UCS model :grin:

it looks a bit small.
it seems a bit small.

Actually, the question which must be answerd is : Why should I make it bigger ?

I see no reason to make it bigger.

The current Juggernaut has all the features and specifications I wanted to includ.

Excellent take of the UCS Juggernaut Anio! What really sets this apart from other CTT builds are the actual steerable wheels and realistic suspension details. The body surface angles and greebling details are pretty spot-on too. My only nitpick, and I've also observed this with other CTT MOCs, is the 'fake' windshield (though I guess it doesn't really matter in this case since this is obviously for display purposes only). Impressive work once again and congrats on your 20th UCS model! :thumbup:

Beast !!!! :laugh:

You've done a very nice USC here Anio !! Respect :grin: !!

I just love some of the details you in-cooperated here !

Grtz Saint

AWESOME UCS style vehicle 'Anio', the detailing and that steering mechanism is fantastic. :grin:

The SW area has some of the best MOC builders around and you, 'Anio' are among these....may the brick be with you ! :grin:

It's lot smaller than I expected, but it's still a great model, Anio! Looks playable and sturdy.

A true masterpiece Anio.

Thanks for letting us have som in-build pics and a background on this beauty :thumbup:

Thanks everyone for your comment. :)

The body surface angles and greebling details are pretty spot-on too.

Sorry but... what do you mean ?

My only nitpick, and I've also observed this with other CTT MOCs, is the 'fake' windshield (though I guess it doesn't really matter in this case since this is obviously for display purposes only). Impressive work once again and congrats on your 20th UCS model! :thumbup:

I've tried to use trans-black 1x2x2 panels, but with them, I could not do good joins anymore between all the fairing elements. So I eventually choose trans-black tiles with DBG parts. The result is quite good IMO.

The custom UCS placard is great!!!

And I did this one by my self. :sweet:

I've been well taught on photoshop ! :grin:

Edited by Anio

Sorry but... what do you mean ?

Sorry I should've worded my post better, what I meant was the angles of the body plates are very accurate, as well as the greebles at the bottom (beside the wheels).

Wow that's a lot of Dark grey Anio. A very nice MOC, only isn't this an A5 juggernaut? it looks a bit small.

Great looking suspension, the UCS label looks very professional. But the 5th image is missing.

Really nice moc you have made anio. I really like this model, but it seems a bit small. I am not a fan of those wheels, bit still a great job.

Keep up the good work. And hope this is not TLC next UCS model :grin:

Size isn't everything, this CTT possesses some incredible design that other MOCs lack. Really fantastic work Anio. A spot on small model can be better than a big bad one :sweet:

Size isn't everything, this CTT possesses some incredible design that other MOCs lack. Really fantastic work Anio. A spot on small model can be better than a big bad one :sweet:

I agree, and if I assume correctly, this isn't intended to be minifig-scale with playable features, but a UCS model specifically made for display purposes (like the other UCS works of Anio).

I agree, and if I assume correctly, this isn't intended to be minifig-scale with playable features, but a UCS model specifically made for display purposes (like the other UCS works of Anio).

Yeah, so many perks came too. The wheels are perfect, as well as the 2x2 round piece used for detailing. Aesthetics, aesthetics, aesthetics,

@ Kieldaman : Thanks for the translation.

I understand most of things on EB. But when people use "unsual" words, I must say that I'm a bit lost. :S

Thanks, Dobbyclone ! :sweet:

Size isn't everything

Yes, that is precisely what I think too ! :thumbup:

I didn't choose the size. The wheels imposed the size.

A general advise I may give to any MOCer : when you do a MOC, the first thing you should looking at is not everything you can do but the few things you can not do like you want. These few things very often give clear indications on how you must design your model.

I didn't want the MOC to rely on the size, but details, right angles/proportions and "basic" functions that I thought the model should have (steering and rotation to 360° for all the turrets). Just like my Slave and the 7191 can move their wings (ok, on 7191 it is not a basic mechanism :tongue: )

The textures (which is different from greebs actually) are also very important to me on that MOC.

edit : BS gallery is now public : http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=468114

Edited by Anio

Oops that was my mistake when I said it was a bit small because of saints and DobbyClones minifig scaled tanks, but UCS aren't in scale for obvious reasons (10221 :laugh:), but the size does not detract from the level of detail of this tank.

Oops that was my mistake when I said it was a bit small because of saints and DobbyClones minifig scaled tanks, but UCS aren't in scale for obvious reasons (10221 :laugh:), but the size does not detract from the level of detail of this tank.

UCS is usually considered 1:28 scale, bit it really could be anything. You guys were probably referring to size in comparison to minifig scale, correct?

You guys were probably referring to size in comparison to minifig scale, correct?

Yep

Is the observation tower retracted?

Superb as usual, Anio - great job !

Why no observation tower (or whatever it's called) in your version ?

Dr. D.

I did not put it cause it is very ugly.

And some version of the juggernaut do not have this tower.

I quite like this. (even though it's not big enough for me) You made it a great scale and did very well with your steering solution. :thumbup:

Thanks !

I had time to do the video this afternoon :

Really good music Anio :laugh: Turbo tank what Turbo tank. Will it be going in your Sig?

(On that note will we be seeing this Providence in you Sig as a build?)

Really good music Anio :laugh:

Yeah, it is the music of the Shagohod ; a kind of thank, actually. So yes, it fits well to the juggernaut. ^^

Will it be going in your Sig?

Yes.

(On that note will we be seeing this Providence in you Sig as a build?)

? :blush:

Edited by Anio