Ras 74

Special event in October 2010 Windsor

We have kind of made it annual to have our official Eurobricks events in the spring time.

This takes some efforts to put together.

But nothing says we can´t make an event even in the fall.

We have spoken of making an official EB event in California for the American members,

and for those who feel that they can make it there. Also Dubai has been mentioned.

The later one will not be real for some more time into the future.

An American event is kind of already existing by now since 2 years.

Brickworld in Chicago.

I think that we will only have one official Event by now, and this will be the spring one.

All other gatherings will be Special Events.

So we had Cutlass_Iz saying she will go to Windsor and LEGOLAND there in October of 2010.

I said that it would be great to meet up with her and her family to bond with a member from down-under.

There were more members finding this interesting.

Is there a general interest for our members to meet up in Windsor and do something together?

If so, please respond to this thread.

I know it is a looong time until it will take place.

But lets see where it leads.

-Ras-

Well, if the PaB is equally big as in Günzburg..... :wub: My wife always wanted a reason to get to Britain, so this would be the perfect opportunity for us to finally make it to the island.

It is not as good DJ.

I really don´t recall how it was by now.

There was one... but the content of it...

Maybe some of our Britts can tell us of this issue.

Where is Jof when you need him.

-Ras-

Thanks Ras,

That is some information I'd love to know also, and which of the Lego stores are the best.

I know that at least one other Aussie is interested, but I expect svelte, sieggy and darth legios to be there OR ELSE!!!!

Hehe! :blush:

Edited by Cutlass_Iz

Will it be open?

I was sad when I was in the UK in Oct/ Nov 07 and Windsor was closed for the season... Boo!

Thanks Ras
No problem at all.

Would be nice to meet some new members.

Will it be open?
Yes it will:

post-114-1243500166.jpg

When in October are you planning to come Izzy?

-Ras-

Although I really want to visit the Legoland in Windsor sometime, I´m pretty sure my wife is going to kill me if I spend more than one weekend Lego related (off the family) in 2010. :look:

Let´s see how this will work out.

Maybe this date needs some more participants than "just" Cutlass_Iz :grin:

EDIT: What does "No entry to basic pass holders" mean?

We'll definitely still be in the UK for the second half of October we'll be leaving after 5th of November (staying that long to catch Bonfire Night!!!)

OI! :oh3: Holodoc... I am important too. (Just watching season 1 on Voyager at the moment btw. :thumbup: ) Plus Ras will be there... and I'm sure as soon as they see it is happening Peppermint M and AwesomeStar and all other UK EBians will be up for it too.

EDIT: What does "No entry to basic pass holders" mean?
Guess if you dont got the Merlin-Super-Duper-Extra-Plus-Rare-LEGOLAND-All-Year-All-Park-Season-Card you have to pay up.
We'll definitely still be in the UK for the second half of October we'll be leaving after 5th of November (staying that long to catch Bonfire Night!!!)
Still be in UK...?

When are you coming there?

Will you be traveling around the whole UK island?

What is this Bonfire Night?

Sounds interesting :classic:

-Ras-

We are hoping for a five or six week holiday.. depending on money it might be shorter. We will be traveling in Britain, maybe to Wales if time and money permits. The Lake Country being the main object of discovery.

Bonfire Night or Guy Fawkes Night is "is an annual celebration on the evening of the 5th of November. It celebrates the foiling of the Gunpowder Plot of the 5 November, 1605, in which a number of Catholic conspirators, including Guy Fawkes, were alleged to be attempting to blow up the Houses of Parliament, in London, England." (Thank You Wiki, couldn't have said it better myself)

Basically, lots of fireworks, bonfires, that sort of thing. It is a tradition held in my family as I grew up, and I'd love to see how it is actually celebrated in the UK.

Ah, thanks for the history lesson Izzy (and Wiki)!

Is it possible to hava a small event the 16-18/10 maybe?

See what you think, no rush to answer that now.

But would be good since many might have "Basic Passes" and will probably

have harder to make it to LEGOLAND the following 2 weekends.

-Ras-

Absolutely that sounds fair to everyone. Maybe even earlier in the month, who knows. We'll see what the consensus is.

Do come Captain Green Hair... we can all go bowling, I suck at it too :tongue::devil: . Hehe! (So you'll kick my cutlASS)

I suck at it too :tongue::devil: . Hehe! (So you'll kick my cutlASS)
What is up with you and the A$$ part?

Did I miss something?

I did notice you got it twice in your info.

Once in title, and again in Location.

Oh, and sounds good with the date.

Lets see what we can make out of it.

-Ras-

The CutlASS business is explained in this topic, a comic by me, that was originally called Hairy Potter and Dumblyass. The discussion following the first comic explains about the a$$ language Toodles and a friend made up, which I unwittingly inherited once meeting them both.

Basically, if you couldn't be bothered reading all that. We say a$$ alot. Hehe. (have already been told we are immature, i know, i know :tongue: )

Bonfire Night or Guy Fawkes Night is "is an annual celebration on the evening of the 5th of November. It celebrates the foiling of the Gunpowder Plot of the 5 November, 1605, in which a number of Catholic conspirators, including Guy Fawkes, were alleged to be attempting to blow up the Houses of Parliament, in London, England."
Remember, remember the Fifth of Novembervendetta.jpg:wub:!

Sign me up for the event, I´ll start preparing the extras tomorrow :thumbup:!

CopMike

Ras, the calender you posted earlier is for 2009 so the dates you proposed wouldn't be in the weekend in 2010. You might want to check that :wink:

It certainly sounds interesting but I'm planning to go to the next EB event in the spring and maybe a swedish event too. I think two events is enough, at least my wallet thinks so :cry_sad:

Ras, the calender you posted earlier is for 2009 so the dates you proposed wouldn't be in the weekend in 2010. You might want to check that :wink:
Don´t you get smart on... hmmm... crap!

You are so right :blush:

So the dates will be ..ish

16-18 ish of October.

Good observation there Etzel :thumbup:

Next time PM me so I can change it before it is public... :wink:

Now the other Eventees will get water on their wheels...

Does that expression even exist in UK/USA language :wacko:

So the conclussion is, we will wait for a new calender, but the dates will be ..ish this time.

-Ras-

CopMike

That sums it up perfectly CopMike! Brilliant film in my humble opinion.

Hooray for you planning on coming too! :thumbup:

Edited by Cutlass_Iz

Windsor, that's next door to me! :cry_happy:

So yes I'll be there!

(If I am still in the UK that is. Might have moved abroad by then.)

Looking forward to it already!

And ofcourse CMs goody bag! :thumbup:

CopMike

Do not even mention the "extras" and the "goodie bags". Your contribution is really awesome! :thumbup: I appreciate your efforts.

Dennimator is already planning Windsor, but after reading your post, he will problably be booking the hotel rooms already... :laugh::oh:

Of course if Holodoc will not be the coordinator again...? :classic:

I've heard nothing but praise from Quarryman about the last event, so consider me very interrested.

I would also love to come, but I really can't say it at this moment. It all depends on how to get there, and with what money (so, if I have a good paying job by then, say I'm there). :tongue:

I've heard nothing but praise from Quarryman about the last event, so consider me very interrested.
But where where you this year??
I would also love to come, but I really can't say it at this moment. It all depends on how to get there, and with what money (so, if I have a good paying job by then, say I'm there). :tongue:

It is over a year away we are talking of here.

Who knows what we are all doing by then??

But it is good to know already by no0w that there is something in the horizon.