Sign in to follow this  
Marckeyh

MOC: Service station

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hi all,

I've started on my first MOC since coming out my dark ages 1.5 years ago. It's gonna be an

old style American service station in miniland scale.

So far I've got one pump attendant and a gas pump.

Loads more has to be build of course, but I would like to know if I'm on the right path, so

comments and critiques are very welcome.

-Marky

WIP_01.jpg

WIP_02.jpg

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

AWESOME miniland creation 'Marckeyh' - that fuel pump is fantastic with great detail, looks like one from the 1930's - an old building and Ford or Nash would look so COOL by it ! :grin:

I'm a conformist! 'Marckeyh' I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

It looks great so far, but you were looking for constructive criticism, so here it comes :-P

The fuel pump is great. The guy has some good ideas, but when building a fig in this scale you should go a bit further than what you see in miniland. It is possible to add some more curves to the guy, fiddle around with curving pieces and SNOT him up. I'm sure you can improve him this way.

AWESOME miniland creation 'Marckeyh' - that fuel pump is fantastic with great detail, looks like one from the 1930's - an old building and Ford or Nash would look so COOL by it ! :grin:

I'm a conformist! 'Marckeyh' I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Thanks Tiger. You're right, it's ment to be a really old service station, so old vehicles and buildings will be added.

It looks great so far, but you were looking for constructive criticism, so here it comes :-P

The fuel pump is great. The guy has some good ideas, but when building a fig in this scale you should go a bit further than what you see in miniland. It is possible to add some more curves to the guy, fiddle around with curving pieces and SNOT him up. I'm sure you can improve him this way.

Thanks for the feedback Lasse.

Yes I've based my figure a bit too much on the ones in legoland. I'll have a look through my pieces to add rounded detail. :thumbup:

I love the fuel guy, especially his big bulging tummy. default_laugh2.gif Though I agree with Lasse D it would have been better if the build of the fig had some curves. Still, nice work Marckeyh. default_thumbup.gif

Haha, the beer belly is classic :thumbup: If it's situated in a desert area, some tumbleweeds and cacti would really set a nice mood. Old fashioned road signs (like a classic Route 66 sign) may also work very nicely. Otherwise, you're off to a great start and I'm looking forward to seeing your progress.

What a fun MOC. I love the details on the pump and am quite fond of LEGOLand people in general. The designers of the park always manage to somehow give their figures some character, and you've managed to do the same. I'm curious to see what cars (if any) you'll be building for this.

Cheers,

Ralph

Thanks all.

It will be a deserty area like route 66, that's what I looked for when getting reference pictures. Good call for tumbleweed and cacti, I hadn't put those on my list yet.

I'll be making a few trucks and pickups and perhaps a police car for vehicles. What buildings concern, a diner and a repair garage.

-Marky