Dunkleosteus

[LDD MOC] Crimson Widow - 30 gun frigate

pirates-indexed.gif LDD/MLCad 14C

Ahoy, Gentlemen of fortune and talented shipbuilders!

This mysterious and foggy night a terrible pirate ship raises it's bloody-red sails! Frigate Crimson Widow specifically designed for pursuit. Hull is lightened to increase seaworthiness. Four cannons at the prow - and let no one go away unpunished!

Also there is a "wanna-be-a-galley" version for gourmets :pir-classic:

16708876162_2b3618af5c_c.jpg

You can find the ship here:

https://www.flickr.c...157648831113453

Thank you for your attention :pir-classic:

Very nice design, there are a lot of features and elements that make this ship standout. The shape, the railings, decks, masts, all very well designed.

Great work, I would like to see this one built.

Edited by Ltfalcon

Its such a beautiful and impressive ship Dunkleosteus. I've not quite figured out how your getting that curve. Is each 8 brick section hinged from the others? I would love to see the .LXF for this model.

I like that you included sweeps on this ship. I wanted to add sweep ports on Matterhorn but it would have made spacing difficult. It impressive how much detail you've put in it. I've not seen gunports decorated in that fashion before and I like the stern windows very much.

I'm curious how strong the build would be in the brick. Any thoughts on this?

What an impressive creation - once again!

Very well done.

Thank you, nice that you like it pirate_classic.gif

Very nice design, there are a lot of features and elements that make this ship standout. The shape, the railings, decks, masts, all very well designed.

Great work, I would like to see this one built.

Thanks! I would like to see this model in flesh too. Once I'll have time&money&place, it will certainly decorate my bookshelf :)

Its such a beautiful and impressive ship Dunkleosteus. I've not quite figured out how your getting that curve. Is each 8 brick section hinged from the others? I would love to see the .LXF for this model.

I like that you included sweeps on this ship. I wanted to add sweep ports on Matterhorn but it would have made spacing difficult. It impressive how much detail you've put in it. I've not seen gunports decorated in that fashion before and I like the stern windows very much.

I'm curious how strong the build would be in the brick. Any thoughts on this?

It is a great pleasure to see your interest for my humble model! Curve structure is made by combining several things - hinge plates, rocker bearings and each 6 pirate_classic.gif brick section gradation. I have no idea how to post lxf file, I barely figured out the idea of posting images pir_laugh2.gif

According to my calculations - it is quite real to create any model made by this technology in flesh. The construction is modular, it will make the construction process much easier.

Here are some stuff

crimson_widow_stuff.png

And little tutorials pirate_classic.gif

cw_stuff_tutorial.png

cw_stuff_tutorial2.png

I am so impressed and already following you on FlickR :) Any chance for more tutorials and examples of how you built it would be very much appreciated!

Fantastic ship and great colors! Excellent work with the sails in particular! pirate_satisfied.gif I really like your sweeps, cannons and lifeboat as well! pirate_classic.gif

Edited by Garmadon

I am so impressed and already following you on FlickR :) Any chance for more tutorials and examples of how you built it would be very much appreciated!

Fantastic ship and great colors! Excellent work with the sails in particular! pirate_satisfied.gif I really like your sweeps, cannons and lifeboat as well! pirate_classic.gif

Thank very much to both of you, gentlemen pirate_classic.gif