26 members have voted

1. 1. Vote your opinion

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

gallery_101_23_281.gif

This little beauty dropped in yesterday and was supposed to be part of my febuary Birthday present but as I have been unwell over christmas my wife said I could have it today! :thumbup:

So here is my review of the 10215 Obi-Wan's Jedi StarFighter.

Parts: 676

Price: RRP $100 £95 Reduced now (late dec 2010) $75 £66

The box

img_4387.jpg

The back of the box

img_4388.jpg

The box contents including a large sticker sheet! Boooo, Hisss. :thumbdown:

img_4389.jpg

The instruction page for the bags.

img_4390.jpg

The first bags are the main hull. This is the early stage cockpit.

img_4395.jpg

A clever way of getting lots of studs on the under side here.

img_4397.jpg

Here they are attached to the bottom of the hull.

img_4399.jpg

Anybody who still thinks the droid head is not oversized is crazy! The head here is the same size as the pilot would be sitting down!

img_4402.jpg

Here you can see how the SNOT part of the build is put together.

img_4403.jpg

img_4407.jpg

The cockpit has some very nice detailing. The tile here is printed.

img_4404.jpg

The first set of bags and the main hull is finished.

img_4408.jpg

The wings are pretty much mirrors of each other apart from where the droid goes.

img_4411.jpg

The final bags are for the stand. It does not tilt in any way so the ship can only spin on a horizontal axis when on it which is a shame.

img_4433.jpg

The plaque. The sign of a true UCS set! :wub:

img_4418.jpg

The finshed set looks very good! the cockpit looks great on display

img_4438.jpg

img_4440.jpg

Wing detailing is ok and the engines look good.

img_4441.jpg

img_4451.jpg

I really like the way the back of the ship has been rounded off.

img_4444.jpg

The underside of the ship also looks very neat and tidy. No sloppy unfinished look here.

img_4448.jpg

There is know doubt that this set is worthy of the UCS badge! :cry_happy:

img_4449.jpg

img_4450.jpg

It has the manacing look of a real fighter!

img_4452.jpg

img_4460.jpg

Final overall shot.

img_4461.jpg

There you have it. The set that most people liked apart from the price.

Me I always loved the set and can even forgive the oversized droid head (It really is nice to look at) but the RRP was never going to work for me. It looks like even at the reduced sale price this thing is not going to be a sell out so I hope TLC learn from this. Give us great set but don't try to rip us off. These sets are amied at the more committed fans after all!

Great set! Now at a realistic price! :classic:

I'm surprised we haven't had a review of this set yet! Great review, BTW. This set is very nice. I like all the SNOT! I would've never thought to use headlinght bricks like that. Kudos to the designer :thumbup:

I have to say it- this set as a whole looks sweet. The problem for me is not just the price, but the fact that I'd probably never use most of the pieces.

Thank you for the review!

Yes this is a fantastic set but I'm between getting this now on sale or wait a bit more for a bigger sale :classic:

FINALLY, a review of this set has been done! Thanks for doing this and sharing this long overdue review mutley777! As a JSF lover, I will be getting this set sooner or later, I don't have any UCS set yet and this will be the perfect chance to finally have one. Though other may argue that this is not worthy of the UCS label, I think otherwise and see it as a well-designed decent-sized UCS set that is quite affordable compared to other bigger UCS sets.

For the cheaper price, I think this is a great set that would look great on display.

But for the £100 they were originally asking.. I'm not surprised we haven't had a review until now.

Thanks Mutley for doing a review of this set.

I just bought this one myself the other day - now to find a time (and place) to build it.

Along with the Death Star, Imperial Star Destroyer and Vader's TIE :blush:

Thanks for the well-written review, Mutley.

I love the look of this set. It looks to be really well designed. As you mentioned, the initial price tag put me off. But I think my wife might have gotten it on sale for my birthday. I know she asked me if I had it, and if the sale price was decent. I of course said no and yes.

Being able to use the pieces out of a UCS set isn't even an option for me. Once I build a UCS set, it stays built.

Nice review, mutley!

I kind of like this set but hate the fact that a major part of the upper surface is just plain flat. How does that look in reality?

Cheers!

Nice work Mutley! I've been waiting for this review for a loong time. This is not a set I'm going to get but it sure looks good!

Thanks for all the comments guys!

a very good buy at the sale price but the droid head is too big!

Yep, finally a good price and way to big! :laugh:

At last a review of this set.

Overall its quite alright, but apart from the cockpit and droid it doesn't deserve its UCS number at all.

At last a review of this set.

Overall its quite alright, but apart from the cockpit and droid it doesn't deserve its UCS number at all.

i think it does it is big! definately a ucs scale set.

I got one of these discounted just after Xmas and finally got around to building it. I must say it's better than I was expecting. The droid head is too large, but that's really the only thing letting it down a bit. As a build, I found it very enjoyable with bits and pieces going in all directions. The finished model looks very pretty and is much larger than I imagined too. Definitely a pleasent surprise.