Sign in to follow this  
ZCerberus

Work in progress: Fort Brighton

i dont really like pirates but i like a beautiful moc! :-D very nice work! *wub*

Well maybe you should pay some more attention to your piratey friends!! I guess I don't check out the Star Wars enough either, but I can also like a good MOC even if it isn't pirates.

I don't believe this is a problem.

I don't believe its a problem either and my post wasn't meant to make it seem like I thought it was, I was just making an observation.

However, I do think it would be nice to see an enhanced version of the "rear" structure. :-P

Well wonder kids, here is the status... I updated the rear section a little so it goes a little better with the front. Unfortunately, I ran out of bricks of the right color. the top of the bell tower in the rear, for example, should be white, not yellow, but I will have to wait for a BL order to finish that. I am also short cannon wheels for the guns, but so be it for now.

I did manage some interiors so I will share a shot or two of that as well.

Okay first, the new rear section with the bad colors and all

brighton08.jpg

And the bell back up there...

brighton06.jpg

Interior of the Master at arms office.

brighton11.jpg_thumb.jpg brighton12.jpg_thumb.jpg

And the armory!

brighton13.jpg_thumb.jpg brighton14.jpg_thumb.jpg

Now moving on to the front of the fortress...

An over view...

brighton45.jpg

And the side shot...

brighton02.jpg

Starting at the top and working our way down...

Removable, magnetic roof (wouldn't be ZCerberus without one!)

brighton34.jpg_thumb.jpg brighton35.jpg_thumb.jpg

The building with the balconies below that...

brighton30.jpg_thumb.jpg brighton31.jpg_thumb.jpg

The interior of the entry way below the upper tower level...

brighton24.jpg_thumb.jpg brighton26.jpg_thumb.jpg

A view with the whole tower removed...

brighton21.jpg_thumb.jpg brighton22.jpg_thumb.jpg

A shot of the under belly of the fortress.

brighton15.jpg_thumb.jpg brighton16.jpg_thumb.jpg brighton17.jpg_thumb.jpg brighton18.jpg_thumb.jpg

Then a few views of the whole fortress.

brighton39.jpgbrighton40.jpg

Some other random stuff...

brighton37.jpg_thumb.jpg brighton43.jpg_thumb.jpg brighton44.jpg_thumb.jpg brighton46.jpg_thumb.jpg

brighton23.jpg_thumb.jpg brighton01.jpg_thumb.jpg brighton02.jpg_thumb.jpg brighton32.jpg_thumb.jpg

I'd love to see what you could if you had infinite bricks and no space restrictions...

Well maybe you should start a fund to buy some infinite bricks!

Yeah, I am basically out of good looking white bricks now, except for 1 x 3, which pick-a-brick had at the Mall of America!

Now I think I need to make some sort of small fortress like section on the side of the brig. I think that that whole rest of the harbor is getting lost in the mix here. We all need to remember that there are four more harbor sections out there that will be connected to this thing.

Anyhow, Command and Conquer 3 comes out tomorrow in the US, so maybe the updates will slow a little for a few weeks!

I will update when I get the bricks to recolor the bell tower.

If I were a millionaire, then I would ask you to work for me Mr. Z.

I'll give you an unlimited budget and let you build incredible MOCs for me all day.

If I were an administrator, I would put this on the front page.

Because that's really where this incredible fortress belongs!

If I were a poet, I could make this rhyme :-D

If I were a millionaire, then I would ask you to work for me Mr. Z.

I'll give you an unlimited budget and let you build incredible MOCs for me all day.

Millionaire in Euros or US dollars? I think Euros are worth more, and my work ain't cheap... I mean I need cash just to get my 'infinite bricks'

If I were an administrator, I would put this on the front page.

Because that's really where this incredible fortress belongs!

Yeah, and if I were a Moderator I would reply to Jipay and tell him the US already had daylight savings time... we changed it for energy efficiency reasons... more daylight, less electricity we figure... anyhow, only moderators can comment and post on the front page 8-|

So I promised an update when I recolored the bell tower.

I did so I will!

img_1615.jpg

img_1617.jpg

aa1brightons.jpgaa2brightons.jpg

Links to the larger versions of the same...

aa1brighton.jpg_thumb.jpg aa2brighton.jpg_thumb.jpg

In case you forgot, this thing will be replacing the for that was on the right side of my harbor...

harbor1.jpg

So expect some more pics when they rejoin each other!

Hey Z,

Nice fort so far *y*

I was wondering where you got the idea to use magnets for holding on roofs? The only set i've seen it done so far is the UCS ISD.

Hey Z,

Nice fort so far *y*

I was wondering where you got the idea to use magnets for holding on roofs? The only set i've seen it done so far is the UCS ISD.

Good question. Well I has putting on the roof for the 'storehouse' on the port and I realized that it was nearly impossible to attach both sides of it without collapsing the whole thing on top of itself with the way I was building that roof. I thought to my self, "wow it sure would be nice if these things were removable!" At that point I realized I could make them removable if I used magnets. Since I was trying to attach the roof using a modified brick with pin connected to a modified plate with hole, I already had the structure to add the magnets as I did. So basically it was the only solution I could think of to attach the roofs at that point in time given the way I wanted the roofs to look. it wasn't really feasible to make them removable in any other way as well, so I went with it. Since then, I have used magnets a fair amount to attach things or assure that they stay in place. Like the ones used on the Arbiter II's sides.

In case you were unaware of the Arbiter II magnets, here is a link

mid11.jpg_thumb.jpg

In case you were unaware of the Arbiter II magnets, here is a link

mid11.jpg_thumb.jpg

No i wasn't aware of the use of magnets on the ArtiterII X-O *y*

It's a good idea though. Although most of my magnets are for my UCS ISD, and i don't want to use any of those pieces on it. :-$

I'll have to experiment and maybe BL magnets.

P

ZCerberus

I really like the way you mimicked the larger fort with the armory. It looks very good. I especially like that you made it a bell tower. *y* *y*

I look forward to seeing your massive fort reunited with the rest of the port. *sweet*

Duke

ZCerberus

I really like the way you mimicked the larger fort with the armory. It looks very good. I especially like that you made it a bell tower. *y* *y*

I look forward to seeing your massive fort reunited with the rest of the port. *sweet*

Duke

Thank you sir... we are still waiting on your MOC fortresses!

I also intend to make a mini fortress section for the far left side of the harbor to give the MOC some balance. I don't know when I will get to that though!

Thank you sir... we are still waiting on your MOC fortresses!

I also intend to make a mini fortress section for the far left side of the harbor to give the MOC some balance. I don't know when I will get to that though!

ZCerberus

The fort I have isn't really that impressive looking. It is basically just a rectangle fort with 25 cannons lining the top of the walls. Although it is very well armed and will be a good safe haven while wargaming, I dont really think it is good enough to post here.

Would it be possible to just move the fortress you are replacing over to the other side?

Duke

Would it be possible to just move the fortress you are replacing over to the other side?

No, I destroyed it for parts for the fortress! Plus I think I want the look to be somewhat similar to the new fortress!!

Something like Fort Brighton would be awesome to have at the next Brickfest, have you ever considered taking it to one Mr ZCerberus?

We've been discussing the MOCs at Brickfest PDX 2007 and it badly needs a Port Brighton!

Something like Fort Brighton would be awesome to have at the next Brickfest, have you ever considered taking it to one Mr ZCerberus?

We've been discussing the MOCs at Brickfest PDX 2007 and it badly needs a Port Brighton!

Brighton (when done) with the ships would be a cool addition. But Portland is not exactly feasible!

We sure do have a lot of pirates here from Minnesota and the Midwest though... I don't see why they can't have one in the Twin Cities!

Brighton (when done) with the ships would be a cool addition. But Portland is not exactly feasible!

We sure do have a lot of pirates here from Minnesota and the Midwest though... I don't see why they can't have one in the Twin Cities!

Hey Z,

If you find one in the twin cities, let me know and i'll see if i can come too *y*

And maybe norrington with fort victoria.

I'm gonna see if i can make it to the Chicago one. Just registered at their site.

Not sure though :-/

P

Maybe, but Fort Victoria is now Port Victoria, because of it's recent town addition, unfortunatly, it wouldn't integrate well, because unlike Brighton, it is not a complete fort, and due to a lack of bricks, the town has to be incomplete, in the sense that the building are there, but burning down to save grey bricks, also, my figs are recreateing at current: The PotC Auction and Dunking scenes...

Yeah, it would be great to show off the Pirate might of the Midwest. MOCs like yours would surely be an inspiration for others to build their own awesome Pirate MOCs.

I wonder if you could contact the Brickfest organiser and arrange something?

Well I am currently in no position to get anything LEGO related organized because of school, but it could be cool someday!

Some Brighton news...

I have been making some changes to the design. The bottom section is now 3 studs longer, and I removed the roofs on the sides. I am going to leave the roofs off because they compressed the bottom section a little. Now I need to redesign the sides of the lowest tower section to look all pretty since they will be seen.

After that I am going to start on the fortress upgrade on the opposite side of the harbor. It will not be as big as the section I have complete, but I am not sure of its exact size and shape yet. Shape wise I guess it will be similar to the fortress section I have finished, but I think it will not be nearly as wide or long.

So I decided to start construction on the battery of cannons on the other side of the harbor. I made some good progress!

Here are the new shots...

right1.jpg

You can also see the changes to the larger fortress section. It is 3 studs longer and so there is another cannon on the bottom, and I removed the side roofs to open up the top of the fortress a little more.

right2.jpg

right3.jpg

Here you can see the table I am working off of right now. Bricks are everywhere 8-(

Looks like Z's at again *y*

Nice fort section so far.

I'm glad you're going for the same design as the other side.

BTW is this a ship in progress that i see?

right3.jpg

P

Looks like Z's at again *y*

Nice fort section so far.

I'm glad you're going for the same design as the other side.

BTW is this a ship in progress that i see?

right3.jpg

P

Well it appears Brickshelf is malfunctioning this morning :'-( but... ship in progress? Whatever do you mean? :-D

Well I am currently in no position to get anything LEGO related organized because of school, but it could be cool someday!

You do a wonderful job by just building these creations in the first place.