Becka Bulldog (Rick) walks home from Gibson Goat's Tavern through the Village Square. What's this? A xylophone!
"What's this?" Becka says. "A xylophone! I love xylophones. I think I'll play it."
"Look, someone's even left me some sheet music to play."
A dark figure gleefully conducts the falling keys before dashing off into the night.
Let's see, who's next? Oh, yes. Portia Poodle (CorneliusMurdock) has an important job to do. How she came about getting this job is a very interesting story...but there's no time right now. We have a blood bath to get to. Let's just say that Portia has experienced the raw force of the evil spirit in the dark forest, first hand, and now she lives to fight it. She's at the house of the person she suspects the most. She lets herself in and leaves the door open behind her.
"This is just like the book Harriet Slutter and the Firepants of Whacking Stump" Portia whispers to nobody in particular. "...where Harriet and her friends crash into the whacking stump with a flying PT Cruiser and end up finding a secret passage to the drooling hut, where Harriet finds the killer and saves the day!!"
But the real evil spirit is one step ahead of her. And this won't end the way it did for Portia's hero, Harriet Slutter. The evil spirit sneaks in behind her...
Portia curls up next to the resident of the home...
...and turns into a tree stump.
"Mwhaaaaa haa haa haa har!" the evil entity laughs, turning the lights on. "I've found you!"
"What's going on?" Gilbert Goat sits up in bed.
But the killer has already swung its axe and removes Gilbert's head in one clean stroke.
The killer jumps on the bed and chops the tree stump to bits!
And that is the end of Gibson Goat (Pandora) and Portia Poodle (CorneliusMurdock).
In the morning...wait, it's still dark. Oh, that's right. One more. Ernie Elephant (JimButcher) wanders, somewhat dazed, into the Village Square. He ignores the xylophone carnage and instead covers himself with a very fine powder.
Then he picks up a torch and...
Whoomp! goes up in flames.
Ernie Elephant (JimButcher) burns to death quickly, leaving behind a charred corpse in the Village Square.
The specter of Felix Fox shows up and gleefully wraps up Ernie's soul.
Felix disappears in a burst of phantom flames, leaving behind an odd green flask.
A dark figure sneaks out and snatches up the flask before running off into the night.
Ralphy Rabbit's body, conveniently, washes up onto the river bank.
The members of the Village are devastated to find more death in the Village Square in the morning. Edgar Elephant has brought what's left of his beautiful Portia Poodle while Cameron Crocodile and Gilda Goat carry the remains of their brother and friend Gibson Goat.
Marcellus the Monk is ready to identify the dead with his staff.
Portia Poodle (CorneliusMurdock) and Gibson Goat (Pandora) were both innocent Villagers.
Becka Bulldog (Rick) was an innocent Villager.
Ernie Elephant (JimButcher) was an innocent Villager.
Last night's lynch, Ralphy Rabbit (badboytje88) was an innocent Villager.
And on the 26th picture, the Village stands in shocked silence (some masking sheer glee!) at the body count of 5 innocent Villagers.
Day Four has begun. You may not vote during the first 24 hours. Please note the new rule.
The Cultists win when they have outnumbered the Villagers, including any third-parties and the Villagers win when all of the Cultists are dead.
- Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Villagers or the Cultists. To win the game, the Villagers must kill off all of the Cultists, while the Cultists must outnumber the Villagers. Any third party player will have win conditions that are detailed in their role PM...
- Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. You may also proxy your vote to another player, using this format; proxy: Character (Player). Naturally, unproxying a vote is also possible. The player with the most votes is lynched. In the case of a tie, there will be no lynch.
- A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will not end when a majority vote has been reached. If there is time left, a majority vote can be over-turned. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage, or they will not be accepted, no exceptions.
- The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day, barring any interference.
- You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host. This includes all the details and pictures of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.
- You may not quote PMs from other players. Paraphrasing is allowed but no direct quoting. Please refrain from quoting PMs in the game threads and in private.
- Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.
- If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on. Violation of this rule will result in a multiple game suspension.
- If you are converted, you must accept your new affiliation. If it's proven that you gave up your new team after conversion, the whole game will be null and you will most likely not to be asked to play one of my games again.
- You may not edit your posts.
- You must post in every day thread.
- If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host or co-host via PM. Please please please use only the confirmation PM I sent you to communicate with me. All new conversations regarding the game will be deleted.
- You must play on things that effect your animal (natural predators, diet, etc.) in every post. You may need to do a little research. Feel free to expand on the information your find. Be creative. (You have the first 24 hours to practice. Penalties will not be incurred on posts before voting starts) EDIT: As stated on Day Two, these violations will incur one vote per penalty. I apologize for not updating each day's rules to reflect that until now. Sowwy.
- Violation of the above rules will result in a penalty of one vote per every four living players (1/4 of the active players list) on the first violation and death of your character on the second.
Some additional guidelines, although they are not rules that will incur penalties if you don't follow them:
- Metagaming is allowed. Go ahead. You all know how to identify it and how to ignore completely irrelevant information.
- The pictures may or may not contain clues. They most likely do not, but look all you want. Wildly speculate. It's fun.
- Using acronyms, especially tl;dr will cause major trouble for your character, perhaps even instant death.
- Roleplaying is a good thing and it is encouraged in this game and will be required at some point. So get to know your personality quirks, they've been created for a reason.
You have all been sent a role PM in this format:
Welcome to The Forest II, a game of wit and strategy. You are playing ___, Springhaven’s ___. (a little back story) (a personality quirk)
Alignment: You are aligned with the Villagers/Cultists.
Role: You are the ___ which gives you the Nocturnal Ability of ___. Each night you target one player and ___.
You have no specific Nocturnal Ability. Your power is in your vote and your brain, so use both wisely.
Win condition: You win when you have outnumbered the Villagers, including any third-parties Or You win when all of the Cultists are dead.
Best of luck and have fun!
Marcellus the Monk,
played by Hinckley
Firuz Fox, the Alchemist,
played by Fugazi
Active Players (16)
Booker Bear, Garbage Man, married to Becka Bulldog,
played by Dragonator
Brigit Bunny, Florist, First Lady of Winter Haven, married to Lazlo Lion,
played by Sandy
Cameron Crocodile, Carpenter, married to Gilda Goat,
played by Rufus
Casey Cat, Painter, married to Maurice Mouse,
played by Scouty
Edgar Elephant, Fisherman, married to Portia Poodle,
played by WhiteFang
Gilda Goat, Doctor, married to Cameron Crocodile, sister of Gibson Goat,
played by Quarryman
Gordon Gorilla, Lawman,
played by Scubacarrot
Heidi Hippo, Farmer,
played by CallMePie
Horace Horse, Blacksmith,
played by iamded
Lazlo Lion, Mayor of Winter Haven, married to Brigit Bunny,
played by TinyPiesRUs
Maurice Mouse, Dock Worker, married to Casey Cat,
played by Cecilie
Mindy Mouse, Accountant, married to Pancho Parrot,
played by Professor Flitwick
Pancho Parrot, Postman, married to Mindy Mouse,
played by Zepher
Pennie Pig, Schoolteacher,
played by Eskallon
Seamus Sheepdog, Taxidermist, married to Shawna Sheep,
played by Dannylonglegs
Shawna Sheep, Lawman, married to Seamus Sheepdog,
played by Shadows
The Deceased (10)
Petey Panda, Fisherman,
played by darkdragon, lynched on Day One - Villager
Bristol Bunny, Seamstress,
played by Bob, murdered with an axe on Night One - Villager
Wallace Walrus, Lawman,
played by Masked Builder, murdered by a bear trap on Night One - Cultist
Carly Cow, Ice Cream Shoppe Owner,
played by Tamamono, lynched on Day Two - unknown affiliation
Baxter Bulldog, Mechanic,
played by Waterbrick Down, murdered by anvil on Night Two - Villager
Ralphy Rabbit, Farmer, married to Ernie Elephant,
played by badboytje88, lynched on Day Three - Villager
Becka Bulldog, Beautician, married to Booker Bear,
played by Rick, murdered by xylophone on Night Three - Villager
Gibson Goat, Bartender, brother of Gilda Goat,
played by Pandora, murdered with an axe on Night Three - Villager
Portia Poodle, Grocer, married to Edgar Elephant,
played by CorneliusMurdock, murdered with an axe on Night Three - Villager
Ernie Elephant, Dock Worker, married to Ralphy Rabbit,
played by JimButcher, died of self-immolation on Night Three - Villager