Sign in to follow this  
Mesabi

[K-B07] Survey on Vollfort

Kawashita always needs to be looking for new angles, new resources, new tech, etc.

27860386120_41329db592_n.jpgVollfort 2 by North White, on Flickr

Today wasn't one of those days. Piloting Pathfinder -2 around basalt columns on Vollfort to scout for new resources proved fruitless for Captain Mesabi. Surveys revealed nothing but rock, dust, and dead critters.

28063154601_db1f228a18_n.jpgVollfort 2 by North White, on Flickr

Perhaps next week we'll find something of use.

A shot of Pathfinder -2

https://www.flickr.c...eposted-public/

Nice little build, but I would suggest looking at some of our photography sections here on eurobricks so we can better appreciate you MOCs. :classic::thumbup:

Yeah, I couldn't find my white backround, so I just used the wall, and hoped the wood part would look like the desert stretching away. I'll do better in my next build. Thanks for the feedback!

Nice little build, and welcome to AG! I like that you established the setting as basalt columns, which makes sense of their angular structure! The ship is nice. The landing gear is a lovely touch, as is the snot 2-2 panel. It adds to the realism.

I have to agree on the photography, though. This build would be improved by a better picture with a simple white backdrop. For a build this size, I think even a sheet of printer paper might suffice. Your in-world explanation of a desert on the horizon is a suitable on though. :classic: Also, the last shot is a bit blurry. If you don't have a tripod and/or can't afford one (I'm there with you) I'd suggest resting your hands on the floor or a hard surface, or making a suitable camera rest out of Lego bricks! :classic:

Welcome to AG! :grin:

~Insectoid Aristocrat