Sign in to follow this  
Capt. Stabbin

Congratulations Meiko, Classic-Pirates newest Auction Scout!

Exciting Opportunity!

Due to the continuous expansion of Classic-Pirates.com, we are looking for a fresh, devoted Auction Scout for the Classic-Pirates blog.

Please be certain you are able to commmit to the requirements before responding. Training Auction Scouts consumes valuable time and rescources so we only want submissions from those genuinely interested.

Requirements:

• To seek and post a range of LEGO Pirate eBay Auctions in the LEGO Pirates Forum and the LEGO Pirates MOC Sub-Forum.
  • You must be fluent in written English - this is extremely important!
  • Minimum age of 16.
  • You must be able to maintain a minimum output average of one auction post every two weeks.

Advantageous but not essential:

• Familiarity with the Wordpress Blogging platform.
  • Previous experience blogging or writing articles.
  • Graphic design/photo editing skills.
  • Knowledge of XHTML and CSS.

The Benefits:

• Your Eurobricks username will appear on the Crew Page (including a biography provided by yourself)
  • Get access to an exclusive hidden forum known as The Shipyard
  • Have the opportunity to be involved in exciting promotions and projects
  • Upon successfully completing your 4-6 week probation you will be awarded a Classic-Pirates Rank and special tag
  • You will have the opportunity to receive promotions within the Shipyard Ranking System and work your way into higher positions.
  • You will receive one-on-one training to further your online technical skills, improve your written English skills and gain valuable experience as a team player - these are transferable skills you can use for future opportunities.

If you meet the requirements please introduce yourself and post your submission of interest in this thread.

I'd be interested. I've frequently checked Classic Pirates but never felt like I had any way to participate in it... This would definitely be a way I could participate and would be something I'd have time and the ability to do.

As for my qualifications:

• I check every LEGO-related blog I know of several times daily. Surely I can add eBay to the list of sites I check frequently. Reporting things I find is not a problem for me.
  • English is my native language, and have the ability to tailor my English writing to different demographics (i.e. using British English or American English, using simple English for people learning English, etc).
  • I definitely meet the age requirement.
  • I can easily get a post every two weeks.
  • I'm familiar with WordPress, since it's a simple blogging platform and based on PHP.
  • I've written news reports and whatnot for various LEGO-related site (resume link), including Brickipedia and Brickset.
  • I have graphic design experience from various places I've worked, using Photoshop, Illustrator and GIMP.
  • I know XHTML and CSS inside and out with modern standards, as well as PHP, SQL and Javascript if that's also a perk.

I'm certainly interested, and hopefully the above information is good!

good,Congratulations Meiko, Classic-Pirate's Newest Auction Scout! An extra ration of rum for you!48.gif

Edited by sogoodjuceir