Sign in to follow this  
I Scream Clone

MOC Speeder Bike Chase

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Speeder Bike Chase

Hi one and all, just finished the first of a planned series of Star Wars vignettes for local conventions. The idea is to build iconic scenes which aren't enormous and easily set up for display. Hope you like the first scene entitled Speeder Bike Chase. Thanks to Legohaulic for the sweet speeder bike design.

Thanks for looking.

C+C Music Factory welcome.

ISC.

Nice creation, your photos are great. I like how you managed to capture the action by a side shot. Your base is impressive to, as your vegetation. Welle done.

This is great. I like the overall scene and greenery, but what caught my eye was the base. Having the irregular edges works really well and makes this stand out.

Where will you be showing this?

Fantastic work :thumbup: :thumbup:

I like a lot how you made the plants and the side of the MOC :wink:

Thanks for the nice comments guys!

This is great. I like the overall scene and greenery, but what caught my eye was the base. Having the irregular edges works really well and makes this stand out.

Where will you be showing this?

Most likely showing at Sydney area shows. Still not sure if I can get to Brickvention.

The base and foliage are really well done and I like the way you've incorporated two separate parts of the Speeder Bike chase. :thumbup:

I had it in mind to build a Speeder Bike chase myself - must stop procrastinating!

I haven't seen the really big vine/tenatcle piece before - where is that from?

Masterfully done, ISC. I really like the way the trees are simply done and seem to fade out as they grow upwards; they're effective and they avoid dominating or obscuring the diorama. And as has been said, the layering of the colorful, organic terrain over the black, angular base is perfect.

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

I haven't seen the really big vine/tenatcle piece before - where is that from?

The Barraki tentacle? It's from Bionicle, but in green it comes in the City of Atlantis.

I haven't been on EB for a few days and i return to discover the most amazing creations. Like the Hoth scene, this one is also very beautifully done. I love all the foliage, and i really like how you did the trees. Like Brickdocktor mentioned above, full blown trees would have obscured most of the scene, but the way you did them still captures the essence without getting in the way too much. My compliments on a job well done I Scream Clone! :thumbup:

You've come up with a very unique solution to the giant trees, I think they come across very well. The way you used the greenery is excellent too. :thumbup: