The 5th module of my large collab with Isaac, for BrickFair Virginia 2016. See the others: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th.

The Nordheim Armory supplies the Nordheim Watch with their weapons and armor, in addition to storing to storing many of the weapons for the bustling city, in case of attack. It also houses a small forge area outside, where the weapons are made.

Overview-2.jpg

Back-2.jpg

Well.jpg

Smith.jpg

Fire-1.jpg

Lots more pictures on Brickbuilt

Thanks for looking, C&C appreciated :classic:

Wow, there's a lot here to like, I have to say. The roof looks great, even though it is just slope pieces, because of the staggering that you did. Fantastic. I love the white antennae/levers used as snow-covered grasses. The boy carrying his water pails is good, too. The well is, er, well-done, and you did an excellent job of conveying the idea of an icy cobblestone courtyard.

There are three things that stood out to me that I thought could use some improvement, too. First, the roof gables seemed incomplete due to the studs showing; I know some are, some aren't, but it makes it look a bit haphazard. If there were some snow built up on them, or if they were all tiles, I think that would look better. Second, before I saw the topic title (I first saw the picture on the Kaliphlin thread) I thought it was a church, with a stained glass bell-tower/steeple, and the flags and crossed-swords looked a bit like stained glass, too. This is not necessarily a problem, I suppose, and it would not be an easy fix, but it was a bit confusing. Third, I am not sure I like how the two browns of the tower look together; they are too similar, I think, for my liking, and my eye would prefer a greater contrast.

All in all, though, I think this is a great build, and I am sure it will look even better when it is put alongside the rest of the Nordheim builds. The character posing, the interior, the rockwork around the door, all look good. You do a pretty cool winter scene.

Edited by Henjin_Quilones

Im starting to like this collab more and more. I like the roof of the well, and the architectonical details in the facade are great too. Also I like the swords rack.

Excellent job here. The roof technique, interior and all the other small details really make this MOC shine. My personal favourite bit is the path, with the random cobblestones and the frozen parts, it looks absolutely brilliant!

Wow, there's a lot here to like, I have to say. The roof looks great, even though it is just slope pieces, because of the staggering that you did. Fantastic. I love the white antennae/levers used as snow-covered grasses. The boy carrying his water pails is good, too. The well is, er, well-done, and you did an excellent job of conveying the idea of an icy cobblestone courtyard.

There are three things that stood out to me that I thought could use some improvement, too. First, the roof gables seemed incomplete due to the studs showing; I know some are, some aren't, but it makes it look a bit haphazard. If there were some snow built up on them, or if they were all tiles, I think that would look better. Second, before I saw the topic title (I first saw the picture on the Kaliphlin thread) I thought it was a church, with a stained glass bell-tower/steeple, and the flags and crossed-swords looked a bit like stained glass, too. This is not necessarily a problem, I suppose, and it would not be an easy fix, but it was a bit confusing. Third, I am not sure I like how the two browns of the tower look together; they are too similar, I think, for my liking, and my eye would prefer a greater contrast.

All in all, though, I think this is a great build, and I am sure it will look even better when it is put alongside the rest of the Nordheim builds. The character posing, the interior, the rockwork around the door, all look good. You do a pretty cool winter scene.

Thank you for the suggestions, Henjin! I purposefully left some studs exposed on the gables, so as to fit with the overall style of the rest of the building, though capping them with snow is a very good idea :thumbup: Thanks for the suggestion on the tower colors as well, I'll keep that in mind for next time :classic:

Wow! This is simple but eye candy! I love it!

Thanks Windusky :classic:

I'm starting to like this collab more and more. I like the roof of the well, and the architectural details in the facade are great too. Also I like the swords rack.

Thanks dathil! The roof on the well was one of my favorite parts too; we'll be putting a tutorial of how to do it on Brickbuilt after Brickfair Virgina :classic:

Great interior (as always). Love the architecture, street and well! Great job!

Thank you! :classic:

Excellent job here. The roof technique, interior and all the other small details really make this MOC shine. My personal favorite bit is the path, with the random cobblestones and the frozen parts, it looks absolutely brilliant!

Thank you, BrickCurve! I really like how the cobblestone looks too :classic:

The roof on the well was one of my favorite parts too; we'll be putting a tutorial of how to do it on Brickbuilt after Brickfair Virgina :classic:

I look forward to it! I have read all your tutorials and used some of them already :D

That well design is so effective :wub: Great little forge area as well, and the main building fits beautifully into the snow-scape :thumbup:

Lots of clever weapon racks inside too!

Another one of these awesome MOCs! (now you tell me you got around 50 of them waiting to be posted, and I'll be very happy :wink: )

First: could someone remind me of what gabbles are?

Second: I have to agree, at least to a certain degree, with you here. Why would a smithy (even one as awesome as this one) need a tower?

Third: I for one really like the two shades of brown, good job! :thumbup:

@Soccerkid6, you hit, as always, the nail right on top (ok, that's a Dutch verb. My apologies). The well is awesome, as are the weapon-racks (could you tell us how they're done? Thanks!)

Gables are the triangular end areas on a roof, more typically referring to the smaller roof-ends that come off of the main roof (for a bedroom window, maybe, or attic ventilation), but I used it to refer to the triangular stone areas on the ends of the building here for lack of a better term at hand. Google defines it as "the part of a wall that encloses the end of a pitched roof", if that helps.

And the weapon racks look to be this part (http://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=30663&idColor=11#T=C&C=11)on top of two 1x1 round cylinders.

Edited by Henjin_Quilones

Gables are the triangular end areas on a roof, more typically referring to the smaller roof-ends that come off of the main roof (for a bedroom window, maybe, or attic ventilation), but I used it to refer to the triangular stone areas on the ends of the building here for lack of a better term at hand. Google defines it as "the part of a wall that encloses the end of a pitched roof", if that helps.

And the weapon racks look to be this part (http://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=30663&idColor=11#T=C&C=11)on top of two 1x1 round cylinders.

Thank you!

Itmight very well be that part, but I don't think on 1x1 cylinders, but on a bar

I've been watching how all this concept grows and I should say, they will end up with a whole integrated town worth watching and admiring! Great job...

The decoration on the walls is unusual, refreshing, and the tower complements the other part of the armoury perfectly, with it's warm colours. Nice paving and minifig activity as well. The tall base makes the whole thing look even more delicate; an adorable piece, John! :classic::thumbup:

Great work, I especially like the realistic look of the ground with the icy feel it has. And your well is a very clever build!

I look forward to it! I have read all your tutorials and used some of them already :D

Good to hear you find them useful!

That well design is so effective :wub: Great little forge area as well, and the main building fits beautifully into the snow-scape :thumbup:

Lots of clever weapon racks inside too!

Thanks Isaac, I'm quite fond of that well design myself :laugh:

Another one of these awesome MOCs! (now you tell me you got around 50 of them waiting to be posted, and I'll be very happy :wink: )

Second: I have to agree, at least to a certain degree, with you here. Why would a smithy (even one as awesome as this one) need a tower?

Third: I for one really like the two shades of brown, good job! :thumbup:

@Soccerkid6, you hit, as always, the nail right on top (ok, that's a Dutch verb. My apologies). The well is awesome, as are the weapon-racks (could you tell us how they're done? Thanks!)

Thanks Titus! There will be a tutorial of the well up on Brickbuilt within a week or two :classic:

It might very well be that part, but I don't think on 1x1 cylinders, but on a bar

Henjin was right, that part on top of two 1x1 cylinders :classic:

I've been watching how all this concept grows and I should say, they will end up with a whole integrated town worth watching and admiring! Great job...

Thank you!

The decoration on the walls is unusual, refreshing, and the tower complements the other part of the armoury perfectly, with it's warm colours. Nice paving and minifig activity as well. The tall base makes the whole thing look even more delicate; an adorable piece, John! :classic::thumbup:

Thanks Exetrius! :classic:

Great work, I especially like the realistic look of the ground with the icy feel it has. And your well is a very clever build!

Thank you Ecclesiastes! the well took a bit of time, but I quite like how it turned out :classic: