Klaus-Dieter

2013 Friends Sets - Rumours and Discussion

High Resolution Set Pictures:

New Pictures - Friends 2013 Summer Wave!

41005 Heartlake High

gallery_15845_247_10354.jpeg

41006 Downtown Bakery

gallery_15845_247_53344.jpeg

41009 Andrea's Bedroom

gallery_15845_247_6356.jpeg

41010 Olivia's Beach Buggy

gallery_15845_247_52870.jpeg

41013 Emma's Sports Car

gallery_15845_247_30263.jpeg

41015 Dolphin Cruiser

gallery_15845_247_38457.jpeg

Friends 2012/13 Winter Wave

Thanks to GRogall (click pictures for higher resolution)

41000 Water Scooter Fun

a_41000_box_front.jpg_thumb.jpg b_41000_box_side.jpg_thumb.jpg f_41000_detail_4.jpg_thumb.jpg d_41000_detail_2.jpg_thumb.jpg

More Pictures

41001 Mia's Magic Tricks

a_41001_box_front.jpg_thumb.jpg b_41001_box_side.jpg_thumb.jpg c_41001_detail_1.jpg_thumb.jpg n_41001_mia_2.jpg_thumb.jpg

More Pictures

41002 Emma's Karate Class

a_41002_box_front.jpg_thumb.jpg b_41002_box_side.jpg_thumb.jpg c_41002_detail_1.jpg_thumb.jpg f_41002_detail_4.jpg_thumb.jpg

More Pictures

41003 Olivia's Newborn Foal

a_41003_box_front.jpg_thumb.jpg b_41003_box_side.jpg_thumb.jpg c_41003_detail_1.jpg_thumb.jpg f_41003_detail_4.jpg_thumb.jpg

More Pictures

41004 Rehearsal Stage

a_41004_box_front.jpg_thumb.jpg b_41004_box_side.jpg_thumb.jpg c_41004_detail_1.jpg_thumb.jpg n_41004_stephanie_2.jpg_thumb.jpg

More Pictures

41007 Heartlake Pet Salon

a_41007_box_front.jpg_thumb.jpg b_41007_box_side.jpg_thumb.jpg c_41007_detail_1.jpg_thumb.jpg n_41007_emma_joanna_2.jpg_thumb.jpg

More Pictures

41008 Heartlake City Pool

a_41008_box_front.jpg_thumb.jpg b_41008_box_side.jpg_thumb.jpg e_41008_detail_3.jpg_thumb.jpg i_41008_detail_7.jpg_thumb.jpg

More Pictures

41011 Stephanie's Soccer Practice

a_41011_box_front.jpg_thumb.jpg b_41011_box_side.jpg_thumb.jpg c_41011_detail_1.jpg_thumb.jpg n_41011_stephanie_2.jpg_thumb.jpg

More Pictures

~~~~~~~~~~

Friends 2013 Collectibles

Thanks to GRogall (click pictures for higher resolution)

41017 Squirrel's Tree House

b_41017_bag_side_800.jpg_thumb.jpg c_41017_detail_1.jpg_thumb.jpg e_41017_detail_3.jpg_thumb.jpg f_41017_detail_4.jpg_thumb.jpg

More Pictures

41018 Cat's Playhouse

b_41018_bag_side.jpg_thumb.jpg c_41018_detail_1.jpg_thumb.jpg e_41018_detail_3.jpg_thumb.jpg f_41018_detail_4.jpg_thumb.jpg

More Pictures

41019 Turtle's Little Oasis

b_41019_bag_side.jpg_thumb.jpg c_41019_detail_1.jpg_thumb.jpg f_41019_detail_3.jpg_thumb.jpg g_41019_detail_4.jpg_thumb.jpg

More Pictures

For a the full list of High Res set pictures, please see the Friends Hub here.

Edit by Pandora: High Res pictures added.

Hello everybody,

today I managed to have a look into the retailer's catalogue and here is which I remember:

There are some small sets which all contain one or two animals in a small housing.

Besides there will be many small sets which consist of a Friend and some scenery - I only remember a set looking very similar to the exclusive Rockband set this year, a karate set and a little magician show with a bunny.

There's a swimming pool which is imo looking totally strange with some small house scenery with window shutters - all se does not fit together.

The only set which seemed to look good to me is some sort of pet shop in the size similar to this year's cafe (and even its style is very similar, only one floor). But it doesn't seem to be a real pet shop, more some sort of like this year's beauty shop, but this time for animals.

But apart from swimming pool and pet shop there are no big sets.

More information I don't have since Friends in general doesn't interest me that much - only the sets I can use for regular City (like this year's cafe, beauty shop and house).

Please don't ask me for taking pictures - this won't be possible - sorry.

Klaus-Dieter

Hi Klaus - did you notice if there were any male mini dolls in the sets?

Cheers

Regrettably I don't remember, Hammerstein NWC. But I would more guess that no.

Klaus-Dieter

Thanks so much for the descriptions!

I also read through your descriptions of the City sets, and was immediately so disappointed that I came over here to the Friends thread. Police? Fire? Tow trucks and cement mixers?? Ugh.

I understand the marketing requirements that force Lego into rehashing the same three City themes (fire/police/construction) over and over again, but as a long-time collector myself, I am so bored with those three themes.

But then Friends came along! Now I've got a cafe, a vet, a beauty salon, a horse stable, a tree house, and from what Klaus has described, an upcoming pet shop and a karate dojo. That's all stuff that Lego City has utterly ignored. I bought the Friends vet office last week, and it was the most fun I've had putting together a "city" set in years. Bright colors, GREAT details. Yeah, I'm amassing a pile of worthless mini-dolls, but at least the hair is usable on a mini-fig.

Lego City is dead to me. Long live Friends!!

Hello everybody,

today I managed to have a look into the retailer's catalogue and here is which I remember:

There are some small sets which all contain one or two animals in a small housing.

Besides there will be many small sets which consist of a Friend and some scenery - I only remember a set looking very similar to the exclusive Rockband set this year, a karate set and a little magician show with a bunny.

There's a swimming pool which is imo looking totally strange with some small house scenery with window shutters - all se does not fit together.

The only set which seemed to look good to me is some sort of pet shop in the size similar to this year's cafe (and even its style is very similar, only one floor). But it doesn't seem to be a real pet shop, more some sort of like this year's beauty shop, but this time for animals.

But apart from swimming pool and pet shop there are no big sets.

More information I don't have since Friends in general doesn't interest me that much - only the sets I can use for regular City (like this year's cafe, beauty shop and house).

Please don't ask me for taking pictures - this won't be possible - sorry.

Klaus-Dieter

According to your information, I believe the set names of 410XX revealed earlier in April matches your description.

These sets are believed to be 2013 LEGO Friends sets. The set names are included in Brickset as well.

41000 Jetski

41001 Magician

41002 Karate

41003 Foal

41004 Practice Stage

41007 Pet Parlor

41008 Pool

41011 Soccer

41013 Car

41017 Squirrel

41018 Cat

41019 Turtle

41020 Hedgehog

41021 Poodle

41022 Bunny

Klaus-Dieter, thanks so much for the Friends news. My first thought was that list of sets that whung posted above, I'd love them all to be Friends set (squirrel!).

And I love the sound of that pet shop, I'm always looking for more buildings for my city and Friends sets are a really nice source of them (unlike Lego City which should be called Lego Police State).

That pool sounds quite interesting too. It's a little strange there are no big sets but it'll make my wallet much happier.

41017 Squirrel

41019 Turtle

41021 Poodle

Ooh! If these turn out to be true, I really hope that the new animals (at least a single one of them!) will be designed in not too cartoony cutesy style, so that they can be used in other themes besides Friends. I would love to have some squirrels in the trees around my Castle village. :sweet:

Edited by Haltiamieli

A turtle, eh? I wonder if it uses any parts from the TMNT theme? :grin:

Seriously though, I also hope that these wont be too cartoony/cutesy as they would be quite useful in various other themes, but if the animals that we got so far are any indication, I don't have much hope.

This isn't really related but there's an interesting article about Friends from the Sydney Morning Herald: http://www.dailylife.com.au/life-and-love/parenting-and-families/the-girlification-of-lego-20120913-25tnf.html

It's an article about how much LEGO sales have improved because of Friends and how controversial the Friends sets are. :wink:

Edited by Ferrik

I suppose I can understand the focus on animals in 2013 because my 5-year-old daughter has repeatedly asked me to build a zoo. However, as a parent, I'd like to buy more sets such as Olivia's workshop to reinforce her self-esteem.

Edited by RoxYourBlox

However, as a parent, I'd like to buy more sets such as Olivia's workshop to reinforce her self-esteem.

At least around where I live Olivia's workshop seemed to be the least selling set of the first wave. In one store there was for many weeks a shelf completely scavenged from any Friends sets whatsoever (afaik they had problems with keeping up with the demand) except a nice amount of Olivia's workshop. :tongue: As much as we as adults may applaud the positive role model in said set, it may not have been as well received by many of the target audience.

Looking forward to the new large sets. They seem to be the first to sell out at the shops. Most of the smaller ones are still on the shelf. But Olivia's house, the cafe and vet sold out quick. Now the horse sets sold out quick.

Expect some Friends animal collectable packs like the minifigs with a household item included.

41000 Andrea's Jetski

41001 Mia's Magic Show

41002 Emma's Karate Course

41003 "Olivia's Foal"

41004 "Stephanie's Grand Entrance"

41008 "Large swimming pool"

41011 Football Training with Stephanie

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

Expect some Friends animal collectable packs like the minifigs.

41001 Mia's Magic Show

41002 Emma's Karate Course

41003 "Olivia's Foal"

41004 "Stephanie's Grand Entrance"

41008 "Large swimming pool"

41011 Football Training with Stephanie

-Sci

Don't forget 41000 Andrea's Jetski. :wink:

Most interesting from the list on http://www.spielwaren-werst.de is the following:

6029277 Friends - Collectibles Series 1 -Bags contain 1 cute animals, and his home-single action item! -From 5 years

(Google translation)

Most interesting from the list on http://www.spielwaren-werst.de is the following:

6029277 Friends - Collectibles Series 1 -Bags contain 1 cute animals, and his home-single action item! -From 5 years

(Google translation)

Yea, Sci mentioned that already. :sweet:

I always thought TLG was going to start releasing Friends CMFs.

I also saw some pics.

The friends animal sets are little sets with one animal and some base

41017 Squirrel house is like a little tree house

41018 Cats playground I don't know exactly any more

41019 Turtle hut is beach like, but I cannot say if the turtle will be used for the TMNT

second wave

41020 Hedgehog house

41021 Poodle with things

410?? Rabbit with outside house.

The new little sets look al good and different from the normal "girly girl" stuff

Andreas Jetski is quite the same as the one we already have (haven't we? :look:)

Mias Magic show is quite nice as she can dissapear and reappaer her rabbit (and she has a new card game tile that reminds me of the old one in the 1996 western sets :wub: )

41002 Emmas Karate Dojo is a very nice set were Emma can learn to handle her frustations and smash some lego blocks insteads of her friends. :tongue::laugh:

41003 Olivias Foal is a set were Olivia can care about a little foal.

41011 Football Training with Stephanie is also a more modern set where stephanie can play football training with a big goal. the only problem is that her little doggie is the only other player, but that can be worked out. Very nice if little brothers whine that girls can't play football, Sister can let see even the friends girls do it.

41004 Stephanies big sing event is a stage where she can sing and even a backroom where she can do things like make up and drink herself complety drunk afterwards. :wink:

41004 Petshop is a nice shop with pes and two figs.

41008 Swimming pool is big with waterslide, bar, little house to change your clothes and basket ball thing for in the pool.

2 Figs.

41008 Swimming pool is big with waterslide, bar, little house to change your clothes and basket ball thing for in the pool.

2 Figs.

What exactly does the "pool" look like? Do you actually fill it up with water or what?

-Sci

I also saw some pics.

The friends animal sets are little sets with one animal and some base

41017 Squirrel house is like a little tree house

41018 Cats playground I don't know exactly any more

41019 Turtle hut is beach like, but I cannot say if the turtle will be used for the TMNT

second wave

41020 Hedgehog house

41021 Poodle with things

410?? Rabbit with outside house.

The new little sets look al good and different from the normal "girly girl" stuff

Andreas Jetski is quite the same as the one we already have (haven't we? :look:)

Mias Magic show is quite nice as she can dissapear and reappaer her rabbit (and she has a new card game tile that reminds me of the old one in the 1996 western sets :wub: )

41002 Emmas Karate Dojo is a very nice set were Emma can learn to handle her frustations and smash some lego blocks insteads of her friends. :tongue::laugh:

41003 Olivias Foal is a set were Olivia can care about a little foal.

41011 Football Training with Stephanie is also a more modern set where stephanie can play football training with a big goal. the only problem is that her little doggie is the only other player, but that can be worked out. Very nice if little brothers whine that girls can't play football, Sister can let see even the friends girls do it.

41004 Stephanies big sing event is a stage where she can sing and even a backroom where she can do things like make up and drink herself complety drunk afterwards. :wink:

41004 Petshop is a nice shop with pes and two figs.

2 Figs.

These sound incredible! Question: Do the Football Training and Swimming Pool sets use the same ball pieces as in the old LEGO Sports? If they are the same I know a LOT of people will be happy. At Brickfair in Chantilly, Virginia this year there was much demand for those pieces for use in the Great Ball Contraption, one of the event's most popular features with the public.

Definitely not stereotypically girly stuff in any way. I was a bit worried that depending on how the target market reacted to the first year of sets TLG might be encouraged to go with stuff that is more culturally reinforced as "girly", but if anything it seems like they have truly branched out into more diverse stuff. I look forward to pictures.

Those collectable animal sets sound interesting indeed, but since they're numbered and come with an individual home, I guess they wont be mystery packs like the CMFs, more like the planet sets from SW where it clearly says what's inside. Which is good, because I had no intent to stand in a Lego Store for an hour feeling pink bags with cute animals on them. :tongue:

Pink Hulk anyone? :laugh_hard:

Soccer and Karate for the girl's next, good on Lego for a different approach to this theme....though it's a pity it wasn't rugby instead of soccer ! :laugh:

Plus it's sounds like new animals for next year....perhaps a zoo might come along in the end eh ? :grin:

Same ball pieces?

The ball in the Swimming pool looked more like a 20 sided dice from Dungeons and Dragons, but the pictures sometimes also looked more like computer animations, the other ball I can't remember, but I think it would be logical Lego use the old football for that.

Can you fill the pool with water?

I actually don't know.

Pink Hulk?

Yes, I had the idea they were inspired by your moc.

It is a good sign Lego learn girls how to handle wih anger management. :grin:

Edited by Wout

Can you fill the pool with water?

I actually don't know.

Well.. was the pool an empty container type thing? :sceptic: What did it look like

-Sci

The ball in the Swimming pool looked more like a 20 sided dice from Dungeons and Dragons, but the pictures sometimes also looked more like computer animations, the other ball I can't remember, but I think it would be logical Lego use the old football for that.

Not neccessarily. I think it's a long time since the last use of that piece, and they might very well have gotten rid of the mould. Alternatively, they might simply want to renew it to fit better with the current mould sortiment.