TheKingOfBuilding

Lego Christmas Crackers?

At Christmas, I had a thought - why does Lego not make their own Christmas crackers? They would have a brick pattern on the outside and could include Christmas themed impulse builds and minifigures (which, for obvious reasons, would be CMF quality). I'm sure they would be bigger and better sellers than normal crackers. The cost would definatly be a problem though, but what do you think?

At Christmas, I had a thought - why does Lego not make their own Christmas crackers? They would have a brick pattern on the outside and could include Christmas themed impulse builds and minifigures (which, for obvious reasons, would be CMF quality). I'm sure they would be bigger and better sellers than normal crackers. The cost would definatly be a problem though, but what do you think?

I'm not even British and I think it's an awesome idea.

I'd definitely get them for my nieces.

Of course, I'd get any sort of improved quality crackers for my nieces if I could find them, all you can find in America are terrible cheap ones.

Most of what I know about Christmas crackers comes from Harry Potter ( :blush: ) I've never actually seen any in real life, cheap or not. I don't know if they would be entirely marketable here in the states or not, but if they are, I'd think they'd be an interesting idea.

Most of what I know about Christmas crackers comes from Harry Potter ( :blush: ) I've never actually seen any in real life, cheap or not. I don't know if they would be entirely marketable here in the states or not, but if they are, I'd think they'd be an interesting idea.

I never knew you don't have Christmas crackers in the states ( :blush: ). The UK market is too small so thats probably why Lego don`t make Christmas crackers.

Edited by TheKingOfBuilding

I also didn't know they were not common in the States. In Australia we have them and I had toyed with the idea of making some Lego ones (you can buy kits to make them in craft stores here, I would just have Lego novelties inside and Lego print outside).

I would buy them if they were for sale here.

I would have thought, knowing the minimal profit margins involved in such seasonal items, that TLG would franchise this out, like the Lego Wii Remote etc... therefore, its even something that in theory you could produce yourself, with small items inside each cracker, such as a minifig Father Christmas, a small dog, a present, a comb (Why cracker manufacturers - why?!) etc...

That would be cool! Maybe I'll just make my own for my family next year. This year i made their crackers (okay, so they don't "pop," but you can't find nice crackers in the States) and put in a riddle, some chocolate, and a small ornament. Everyone loved them as the riddles were personalized.

Anyway, back to LEGO... maybe I'll bookmark small sets I see (like the monthly model builds) and use those?

P.S. The first time I heard of Christmas crackers was when watching The Good Life.

Hmm...what's a Christmas Cracker? :wacko: I can tell by the posts that they aren't edible... :blush:

I think they're little packages with a prize inside, common at Christmas celebrations in certain parts of Europe. I don't know much else, everything I really know about Christmas crackers comes from the Harry Potter books. :blush: I like the idea, though, don't know why they never caught on over here, and considering the way the Lego Advent Calendars go, I don't see why they don't do these in Europe.

Cool idea, I´ll forward it to TLG :sweet:.
Hmm...what's a Christmas Cracker? :wacko: I can tell by the posts that they aren't edible... :blush:

What about writing "Christmas Cracker" into a search engine like for example Google and you´ll get hits like this :hmpf_bad: :

6520155.jpg

Genuinely shocked that our American cousins don't have Christmas crackers. :oh3: You're missing out. :tongue: But Lego versions would be awesome.

Genuinely shocked that our American cousins don't have Christmas crackers. :oh3: You're missing out. :tongue: But Lego versions would be awesome.

I've had Christmas crackers at some Christmas dinners with my family sometimes, so they're not completely unknown in America. But they're not especially well-known either. I figure the only reason I have had them at Christmas dinners is because my grandparents were extremely well-traveled and culturally aware (or perhaps because one of my uncles on that side of the family is from Australia).

Similarly, at Christmas dinners with the other side of my family, we had opłatki, but that's just because that side of my family is of Polish heritage-- that's no more of an American tradition than Christmas crackers are.

Actually, we do... But they are quite rare, and can only be found either in big department stores (bad-quality ones), or at special "British stores" (good-quality ones), which are our main source for all things British.