Sign in to follow this  
narbilu

Partial control of Hemresa

After a small month Nar Bilu and his compagnons gathered together to discuss strategy how to regain control of Hemresa. The Elves are brutalizing the island, claiming taxes, crops and any other kind of resources that Hemresa provide. The folk is not satisfied with the reign of the elves and is moving back to Albion or feel enslaved when they stay.

Nar Bilu draws out his plans and everyone learns their task of the plan. Nar Bilu awaits back in his tent for the others to complete their tasks before heading to his assignment.

28993516015_b4b4058fbe.jpg

Rothger visits the largest of Hemresa’s towns, where the elves try to keep a hardened control. In a dark alley he summons some of the rebellious townsmen and confines them that there will be a change on it’s way if they co-operate. The townsmen recruit a hand full of strong men to fight the elves and draw them back out of town.

28888303442_5ae38f79f8.jpg

The nobleman Thungsen heads into the mountains, where it is said, that some of Nar Bilu’s old guard is training. An army worthy of Albion is preparing for the rumors, that Noct will be the next place where Avalonian armies will fight their way through civil wars. The nobleman talks to one of the commanders. The commander is surprised to hear that his Lord is still alive and willing to fight for his land. They comply to the request and start packing their rations.

28888303282_fbe4fc38b5.jpg

After the word is spread that the townsmen are grabbing up arms to liberate them of the elves, future Narbilu (now called the green shadow) gears up and heads to the forests close to the king’s castle. From the bushes he attacks two guards and forces them an audience with the king. A long discussion takes place and the king is not convinced that the Avalonion Lord is returning from a land he is banished from. The green shadow tells the king to send out some scouts to check out the army that is approaching. Only a day later the scouts return with their tails between their legs. The king asks what the Lord wants. The terms are reasonable.

1. Hemresa will be split in two, the west if for the elves and the east is for the men
  2. All troops will be retreating to their own territory
  3. Lord Nar Bilu will build a border wall to ensure the treaty
  4. Free passage to all non-hostile

The king agrees after a nights debate with his loyal servants.

28888303372_65495b6012.jpg

Now that the green shadow completed his task, Nar Bilu travels to Dunholm. It is told they specialize in the strongest walls and the best fortifications. A spy made contact with one of the official architects, who is willing to sell the original floorpans of Dunholm for a large stack of gold. Nar Bilu does the tradeoff himself and heads back to Hemresa with the plans. Every night Nar Bilu sits with the plans in front of him at the campfire, studying the structure and the materials which are used to build this wall of indestructibility.

a new era will start for Hemresa, for men of Avalonia.

cleardot.gif

Edited by narbilu

Those are some fun little builds, and the story is gearing up to bring your hero back, which is great. So much plot tension...

The vignettes are attractive and well-built; I particularly like the building facade in the first picture, with the small buttresses to support the stone foundation. My only critique would be that the ground in all of them seems a bit incomplete. By that I mean that too many studs are showing, especially in the Dunholm picture; some tiles or even just some 1x1 round plates would really help make the city street look more city-like, and lend distinctive texture to the farmhouse surround in the first. It is harder to tell in the two more heavily-vegetated ones, but the paths could still benefit from being paved in some way, or at least having the occasional stone to break up the evenly studded dirt.

That being said, I still think they look great, and they do an excellent job as small vignettes of illustrating your story in lieu of an epicly large build. They are more about the story than the buildings, and that is as it should be here.

Very Nice sery of builds, with My favoured being the second!

In the First, the ground seems a little bit bare to Me, but I think You did well on all the rest! :thumbup:

Interesting story developments and nice figbarfs with suitable surroundings :classic:

I'll however give my usual photo advice that the perspective generally looks much better if you back the camera away a few more feet and zoom in instead.

Very nice set of builds that tell the story very nicely. Like Titus, I would suggest some more detail on the ground, but otherwise your builds are very well done.

Great series of vignettes and accompanying story, narbilu :thumbup: The last one is my favorite, the decoration around the windows is excellent and I really like the dark tan/dark bley color combo :classic: