The Kid

New Skin/Background!

So, all new EB. What does everyone think? Personally I think it's mostly good, but the background is slightly... polka-dot-esque. :-P

TK

Well done and THANKS to the Admin' team.

Personally, I don't like the background, but I love the new banner. The whole interface just generally seems newer and nicer.

New look ON!

Very nice indeed! Although pages seem to loading a lot slower. Are we on a new server? It seems to be the inital conection after clicking on a topic that takes a while. Could be my end though :-D . Anyway loving the new look!! *y*

Overall, I'm happy about all this and the whole "new" overhaul. I also notice slower loading speeds but I guess we can expect that from something this new. My only complain is that all the white hurts mah brain *wacko* .

Very nice indeed! Although pages seem to loading a lot slower. Are we on a new server? It seems to be the inital conection after clicking on a topic that takes a while. Could be my end though :-D . Anyway loving the new look!! *y*

We are still running some tools so you might experience some slow speeds over the next couple of days...

We are still running some tools so you might experience some slow speeds over the next couple of days...

Ah. Thanks hinckley. Who do we have to thank fot the new skins and banners?

Freaky, when the page loads and all I see is the background, it looks as if the bricks are floating in a peaceful ocean bobbing up and down. *wacko*

It'll take some getting used to, but I like it. Especially the Spiderman in the banner. :-D The main thing to get used to is the arrangement of the posting section. What's with this 'insert special item thing? Acronym? Let's see... X-D

lol

It'll take some getting used to, but I like it. Especially the Spiderman in the banner. :-D The main thing to get used to is the arrangement of the posting section. What's with this 'insert special item thing? Acronym? Let's see... X-D

lol

EDIT: Oh, look at that! You hover the mouse over it and it says what it is! Neat!

~Peace

Edited by iamded

I love the new banner. It's very bright and vivid, and has a professional look to it. Overall, the new look is nice. Great job!

Although mentioned above, speed does seem significantly slower. In addition, I keep having to sign in. I'm going to look for the option to remember me by.

Overall, nice job! *y*

I love the new banner. It's very bright and vivid, and has a professional look to it. Overall, the new look is nice. Great job!

Although mentioned above, speed does seem significantly slower. In addition, I keep having to sign in. I'm going to look for the option to remember me by.

Overall, nice job! *y*

Thanks TheBrickster! X-D

Also mentioned before, the speed issue will be fixed soon and has nothing to do with the skins...

We are still making some changes so please be patient, thanks everyone. :-)

In addition, I keep having to sign in. I'm going to look for the option to remember me by.
I believe that is because the forum root URL is http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/ but the frontpage root URL is http://eurobricks.com/forum/. Once you enter the site via a link like "Today's Active Topics" your browser should give the right cookie to Eurobricks.

Ooooh. I like the new skin. It's all shiny and new. And I like the minifigs on the new banner. I didn't remember the Spiderman theme until I saw it. :-)

Looks great, running smoothly for me, not even speed issues. All in all, excellent job! *y*

OK, even though I'm still recovering from not being able to access eurobricks for nearly 24 hours :-X I'm gonna tell you what I think! ;-)

On the first look it seems pretty good: I love the new banner, and the background, although being a little distracting, looks very nice as well! Also, the dark color of the topic bars is interesting; it makes the whole page look more serious, reinforcing the fact that this is a website for adult fans of lego. I'm not sure if that's a good thing, though, since, even though we are adults, lego is our hobby, and this seriousness kinda takes the fun out of it. :-(

And this is where the negative changes begin. Even though the new EB banner is lovely, its link now takes you to the frontpage instead of the forums, rendering the "Eurobricks Frontpage" link below it pointless. :-( I always liked the fact that I could just click somewhere on the big banner to get to the forums, but now I need to seek the small "Forums" word on the left side for that.

Other than what is mentioned above, I can't really see any changes in the forums, but I do have some concerns about the reply page (the one you use to post something)! First of all, I'm not satisfied with any of the changes made to the emoticons! >:-( Not only are theynot showing right in most of the forums at the moment, but they are also marked when you insert them by clicking on them in the list on the side, so that they disappear right away as soon as you continue typing! And that emoticon list is now shortened to make room for an unnecessary Quick Access list, so that you need to click through them with 'next' & 'previous' buttons or open up the complete list in a new window by clicking the "Show All" link. |-/ In my opinion it would be better if it was the way it was before; it's easy enough to select Special Items from the pop-up menu above the text window, so that there is no need for Quick Access lists. It's easier than having to select emoticons from a remote window anyway. So, fix it! ;-)

As for the layout, I think that too many elements recieved the blue-white gradient coloring. Those elements that contein text, like font option buttons, should only have one bright fill color, like they did before, as they create contrast issues. I have very bad vision, and things like that make it harder than usual for me to read stuff. And about the green background... Although green is my favorite color, I think it is inappopriate here. Not only does is it a "serious" kind of green, but it also doesn't fit into the blue white color scheme somehow. The only thing I like about the changes to the reply compose page is the attachments part below the text window. I'm not sure if it was there before, but even if it was, it is much more noticable and looks better now! ;-)

I'm sorry, but overall, I don't like most of the changes so far. I hope that you will consider the things I listed and fix most of them (especially the emoticon part).

Sincerly,

A concerned, shortsighted EB member ;-)

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Yay! I finally found this thread! Thanks to all the admins and any others who worked on it, it looks absolutely fantastic! I can't wait to see the rest of the changes, the frontpage and Lego Theatre look brilliant, especially the Theatre with its tiny movie posters, so well done!

I love this site!

btw: Its running a lot smoother for me now, pretty normal which is good *sweet*

To the Bricksignal! >:-)

Edited by Batbrick