• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Marko

Marko

Member: 5068

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:18 PM

Posted Image

Hello,

I have been looking at your nice train creations and understand that you probably do not see a Duplo train "real" but anyway I have a huge collection of Duplo train tracks that I would not like to discard.  So I am planning in long run to introduce Duplo trains to my system townas commuting solution for minifigures between my different system towns/villages located in my house at different rooms.  

Has anybody done something like that before?  I thought that adding a layer of bricks will bring me building ground for system bricks and thats it.  Way to create train solution.

Please post your Duplo conversion pics if you have any.

#2 soc399

soc399

Member: 5223

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:36 PM

The only Duplo train I know about is this one featured on Railbricks a while back.

#3 Darth Legolas

Darth Legolas

• Oh boy vomit brick!

Member: 4695

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:46 PM

View Postsoc399, on Feb 3 2010, 06:36 PM, said:

The only Duplo train I know about is this one featured on Railbricks a while back.

I don't get it, besides the track, how is that Duplo?

Edited by Darth Legolas, 03 February 2010 - 11:46 PM.

...I have a Death Star...

#4 TheBrickster

TheBrickster

• Loved Ghost Ranger

Member: 174

Posted 09 February 2010 - 03:32 PM

I stumbled upon some recent Duplo set images recently and they made me think of this topic.  

For the most part, I think that Duplo track and pieces are just too big for system/standard LEGO, but there are a few Duplo pieces that I would be interesting to use.

I especially like the container boxes contained in sets like this that would make an interesting hopper:

Posted Image

It would be interesting to see if others have combined the two types of bricks (be it track or other Duplo parts).  The down-side is that you loose a lot of the brick-built detail and inticacy with the big Duplo bricks.

#5 Marko

Marko

Member: 5068

Posted 22 February 2010 - 12:54 AM

View PostTheBrickster, on Feb 9 2010, 05:32 PM, said:

I stumbled upon some recent Duplo set images recently and they made me think of this topic.  

For the most part, I think that Duplo track and pieces are just too big for system/standard LEGO, but there are a few Duplo pieces that I would be interesting to use.

I especially like the container boxes contained in sets like this that would make an interesting hopper:

Posted Image

It would be interesting to see if others have combined the two types of bricks (be it track or other Duplo parts).  The down-side is that you loose a lot of the brick-built detail and inticacy with the big Duplo bricks.

I like that you have in mind the set that was my last acquisition for my year and half old boy.  I was planning to use the Duplo track system and the undercarriages and rest to build System.  My logic is that as I use road baseplates in my town for roads, I also do not care too much about train system infrastructure details.  I will have something to show in couple of years only as then I plan to phase out Duplo and switch fully System in my household.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users