Sign in to follow this  
john cleese

Problems with BS / Is BrickShelf no more ???

Thanks for posting this. I haven't joined B-shelf yet. So this is a tip for me.

well i figured they would ban him due to cluttering up a whole page on Brickshelf. Also why do you say this fellow's from EB unique builder?

Edited by john cleese

There are plenty of builders that have unfilled accounts. Only non-lego and explicit photos will result in a ban.

-l2k-

well i figured they would ban him due to cluttering up a whole page on Brickshelf. Also why do you say this fellow's from EB unique builder?

One of the folders is named "kill Jar-Jar" something..

And those folders are moderated, and if KL found that annoying and banned him, it wouldn't be moderated, would it? :-P

Judging by the quality of some of the work, this is a serious person and a good builder. Not gonna get banned - probably he/she will either fill the folders or remove the empty ones. Probably a technical issue.

There are several different users having the same problem. It's a site glitch not a user error. This happened a few weeks ago as well. Brickshelf will catch wind of it and fix it. No one's getting banned...except maybe BS's server...

Because the folder entitled "killjarjar" has a description which says that this will contain his entry for the Eurobricks Vig contest where the vig has to depict JarJar coming to an untimely end.

Heres the contest entries

There are several different users having the same problem. It's a site glitch not a user error. This happened a few weeks ago as well. Brickshelf will catch wind of it and fix it. No one's getting banned...except maybe BS's server...

I'm having the same problem, while trying to upload pictures, it will just leave the folder empty. It's really frustrating

I'm having the same problem, while trying to upload pictures, it will just leave the folder empty. It's really frustrating

Up, had the same problem about a month ago. Went to upload some photos and none of them were sticking to the folders They were all like i never did anything. Just wait a day, and try reloading again. Thats what i had to do.

This was probably my Jar Jar Folder... |-/ Good to know that people recognize me by my BS / EB member name... :-| And NO, I'm NOT banned!

But let me explain what happened:

BS let you upload files, but didn't show them in the folders. But it seems those files WERE stored on their servers and now they are accessible (and in most cases moderated).

I made the mistake to assume that the files were lost and that it was my own mistake (some spaces in the file names I had overseen or something similar) that's why I tried to upload a single picture from another series (which I knew from that it was accepted by BS before) which disappeared after uploading too. Today I realized both the Kill Jar Jar pics AND the other image were uploaded into the folder... No I deleted the additional picture (which happened to be the thumbnail picture too >:-( ), so my folder is back in moderation queue. |-/

Anyway, there was a similar problem some weeks ago, though it was slightly different. Last time EVERY image wasn't accessible anymore. Every folder in a BS gallery seemed to be empty, though the folders itself still had their thumbnails (which wouldnt be possbile if the folders were empty('ed). This time the glitch affected new gallerys only. Phew...

Your account Apo?? X-D :-D I didnt even look at the name. X-D

Okay, I retire... :'-(

:-P

I just tried Brickshelf and got this message

Brickshelf has discontinued operation. We apologize for any inconvenience.

does anybody have links to BS to know whats going on.

EB looks bare without pictures

I just tried Brickshelf and got this message

Brickshelf has discontinued operation. We apologize for any inconvenience.

does anybody have links to BS to know whats going on.

EB looks bare without pictures

8-

Whoa, whoa whoa. Yes, they're down and maj is still up! What's going on?

Its really stange MAJ is working fine Its even excepting BS login details.

The error message would sugest a serious problem :-(

Well this was about a separate incident of images not loading...there's a topic to talk about this new incident here that I saw, so maybe we should keep to that one so we aren't talking about the same thing twice :-D

Well apparently sne and I closed both topics at the same time :-D I thought the other one should be used since the problem mentioned in this thread was resolved, and I guess he thought the other one should be closed since we have this one...

Either way I'll reopen this one so we have SOMEWHERE to talk about it!

I'm hoping that these are just serious server problems. Since maj.com still works fine and accepts my BS-login and my non-lego pictures taken recently. Without brickshelf all my lego pictures are gone. If it gets back up again (with hopefully all content), I'll immediatly try to backup my BS-folders on the HD or maj, so that I won't get in such trouble again. *n* :-X

mFg Widdi

Edited by Widdi