Sign in to follow this  

Help using SR 3D

I've just downloaded SR 3D as it looks like it strikes a balance between LDD and MLcad but, as embarrassing as it is to admit, I can't figure out how to place more than one brick. Could someone please take pity on this poor misguided AFOL and tell me the very basics of using SR 3D?

Edited by loading...

Look for threads in the Technics and Mindstorms side - there is a lot of interest there and the author often posts regular updates, tutorials and manuals.

I've just downloaded SR 3D as it looks like it strikes a balance between LDD and MLcad but, as embarrassing as it is to admit, I can't figure out how to place more than one brick. Could someone please take pity on this poor misguided AFOL and tell me the very basics of using SR 3D?

Hi,

to add a part:

- Click on the part on toolbox

- move and orient the part using the mouse (left click + move to move, left click on RGB arrows to rotate)

- when you find a good place for it, fix it with <Space> or <Enter> or Right-Click on yellow and blue center

- you are now ready to add another copy of the same part or pick a new one from toolbox

Please remember that SR3DBuilder IS NOT LDD so the interface is different, and, when you are a bit glued with it, much more powerful.

Also have a quick look to the manual.

Sergio

(author of SR3D Builder :wink:)

Sorry for the slow reply, things have been hectic.

roamingstudio - Thanks for the suggestion, it looks like there's some good stuff there.

xSergio74 - It's always nice to see a developer who's active in the community. I managed to place more than one piece (yay!), so thank you. I can see that SR 3D won't replace MLcad and LDD as I had first thought but SR 3D should prove to be indispensable with the project I'm working on so again, thanks.

thanks for starting this thread.

the most frustrating thing for me is the right click moving.

do you have any tips for using it.

its very awkward for me at the moment.

Edited by bricklayer

thanks for starting this thread.

the most frustrating thing for me is the right click moving.

do you have any tips for using it.

its very awkward for me at the moment.

Hi,

if you mean the different rotation schema used in SR3DB, then you can set it to a more comfortable LDD like by choosing the appropriate setting in the

VIEW->Preferences->Appearance dialog box

hope this can help you

Sergio

SWEET!!!

Thanks man.

That totally made all the difference.

It combines the power of MLCAD with the ease of LDD (and it uses the ldraw library)

Great stuff

I have a little problem (actually it isn't a problem):

to zoom in and out I use the + and -, but the problem is that + is zoom out and - is zoom in.

Is it possible to change them?

Edited by legolijntje

I have a little problem (actually it isn't a problem):

to zoom in and out I use the + and -, but the problem is that + is zoom out and - is zoom in.

Is it possible to change them?

Hi,

Try using CTRL+mouse wheel. You can change zooming verse in the same previously described dialog box.

Hope this can help anyway

Sergio

Does somebody now where I can find THIS pice in SR3D?

This part is in Technic section, "Connector" subsection. Right-click on the small subsection headings (with the red cross) to get the second page where connector section lies. You may also get the part from its number by typing it with an * in the search box (here *32039)

This part is in Technic section, "Connector" subsection. Right-click on the small subsection headings (with the red cross) to get the second page where connector section lies. You may also get the part from its number by typing it with an * in the search box (here *32039)

Yes, I found him :thumbup: . Thanks!

I didn't knew about the right mouseclick :blush: (I always tried a left mouseclick at the red cross)