52 members have voted

1. 1. Vote your opinion

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

indexed.gif

Here we are, my first Clone Wars set, and my first Star Wars review. Here we have the wonderful Droid gunship, one of the cheaper of the Clone Wars sets. This set is exclusive to Wal-mart, and its one of the better Exclusives out there (I'm looking at you, Twilight :tongue: ).

First off we have a Shot of the entire set with the Box.

photo_52.jpg

A random Page shot, along with pics of the Parts list.

photo_53.jpg

photo_54.jpg

photo_55.jpg

The build is split up into three sections: The Back, The cockpit, and The Missles. The back has a lot of nice dark blue plates, and is the only part of the set which uses stickers.

photo_56.jpg

The bottoms shows Various technic systems, which I'll get to later

photo_57.jpg

The cockpit has many details (Mostly guns), and the Rotating Guns are a nice touch.

photo_59.jpg

The cockpit can fit a battle droid, but not a Minifig. I'm not sure why a Droid would want leather though :laugh:

photo_60.jpg

photo_61.jpg

The last part is loading this baby with the missles

photo_62.jpg

There are four Black(small) and two Dark Bley (large) missles which are loaded in groups of three as SLS.

photo_63.jpg

the middle mechanism is for the missiles, and the back part with the Bionicle teeth are used ad landing gear

photo_64.jpg

The knob on top turns...

photo_65.jpg

to release the missiles on the Clones ...

photo_67.jpg

Leftover bits and the used SS(not so D this time around)

photo_71.jpg

The gunship versus a time traveling Agent Charge :grin: .

photo_72.jpg

OVERALL

Build: 8/10 A basic build, but at some points repetitive.

Minifigs: 10/10 Just your basic droids, you can't go wrong.

Design: 7/10 A basic design, with some Interesting techniques.

Pieces: 9/10 A mix of old and new pieces, along with the return of THIS lovely piece which hasn't been seen for almost 10 years

Price: 8/10 $30 for a Gunship? I'll take it!

Final Verdict: 8/10 A great price for a small set like this, and It has a great bit of Swooshability

Nice review AgentRick.$30 is a good price, but TLC think thats €40 so i'll have to pass. BTW I thought this ship was supposed to hold many droids like in SW Battlefront. Oh well, its good for show.

Edited by Skinny Boy

I'm confused there's two topics of this :wacko: .

Anyway allon-sy,nice review I quite like this set I'd buy it if it had just 2 plain clones please TLG HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO ARMY-BUILD!!!

Edited by foxy

So it comes with an extra gun-holding arm? It looks like it, and that's great. That way you can make all of the droids gun-totting ones.

I'm confused there's two topics of this :wacko: .

Nope.

What? My st came up as the first post.... :wacko:

This is a very nice looking set. It could do with a few more clones, but hopefully that will be fixed next year with battle packs.

Back to the set, I think the colors on this are great (I love dark blue) and the design is pretty good too. It seems to be pretty accurate compared to the real thing.

Thanks for the review!

What? My st came up as the first post.... :wacko:

It also says you started the topic :tongue:

I can't wait to get this set! I was planning on getting it soon but I spent my last money for now on the (on sale :classic:) V-19 Torrent the other day.

In need of a paycheck... :hmpf_bad:

Edited by Faramir

I'm confused about that too. whats up with that?

Thanks for the review.

The pics are....acceptable.

Perhaps you could redo them in sunlight and with a different background than a carpet?

I'll add this to the index soon.

And I agree at that pirce this set is definately an ok buy

Well, here is another Separatist set that looks like it is worth getting to me. My Gunship is going to be outnumbered pretty quick. Nice review.

The pics are....acceptable.

Perhaps you could redo them in sunlight and with a different background than a carpet?

I'll add this to the index soon.

Thanks, I'll try to have some Better pictures by tomorrow, as soon as I get my camera back from my Brother.

Thanks, I'll try to have some Better pictures by tomorrow, as soon as I get my camera back from my Brother.

Great that would be awesome.

Nice review though :thumbup::thumbup: '

Thanks for contributing to our evergrowing review index

I gave it a five. The Droid Gunship is one of my favorites in the Clone Wars line.

Edited by Lt. Veers

My one post was deleted, so I shall remake it:

Thanks for the review! I really want this set! And I will get it. :thumbup:

As kim said, perhaps it could be taken in sunlight?

I don't really like this set because it isn't my idea of the droid gunship, which is from SW Battlefront, which can hold as many droids as a RGS can hold clones. If I buy this, it'd be for the dark blue pieces, which is the signature color of one of my Castle Nations ( Dark Red and Dark Blue ).

This is a great set :thumbup: It's too pricey though :sceptic: If it was $10 or so cheaper I'd get it!

Actually its on sale now. Or at least for americans.

Damn Americans :tongue: Jk

nah i'm aussie mate :wink:

Oh that sucks. Actually im 1/4 aussie. But I dont live there. I love this set. I dont see how people dont like this. This is exactly like in the movie and personally if you thought it was supposed to be different I think you should study your Star Wars a little bit more. :tongue:

Nice review!

Crud..I wish I took this gunship instead of the LEGO Indiana Jones Game.. :angry:

Edited by General Magma

I'm definitely getting this soon. A good value for money, a cool set, and another part to my Clone Wars collection!

I got this yesterday on sale (only 5500 yen>>>$60 American) and was a little disappointed. I'd avoided it, but all the new sets are at least a month away here. It looks a little weird in photo, and the actual build is worse, just a flat little disc with a cockpit. Only special points for the color, which will probably just look better with those 2009 sets.

Crud..I wish I took this gunship instead of the LEGO Indiana Jones Game.. :angry:

I take that there back. :tongue:

I'm getting two of those gunships, for 25,19 each on a sale at S@H!

Edited by General Magma