Last year I was browsing Brickshelf and I ran into a picture of 8662... still in its bag. (I can't remember the link.) At first I thought it was a trick, but after thinking about it I, using my superior intellect, decided it was possible. I saw one in a store soon after and decided to give it a go.

dsc00886.jpg

Has anyone else tried this with different sets?

Yep, took about ten minutes, but the result is quite a sight.

Cool! It took me about the same. I thought it would be a lot harder.

Edited by Sinner

I tried it as well.

But not until I saw Aredhel (Dana) do this trick in Windsor at the EB Event 06.

We where all pretty amazed at that time.

We then start to talk of doing that with bigger sets... like the ISD :-D :-P

Thats a cool idea. I got excited at first cause I realised I had never opened the bags containing the car parts on my Moc'ed 4954 creator houses.

carinbag.jpg

Upon further inspection I was dissapointed to find that not all the parts for the car were in the bag, just the Blue and dark grey pieces. Luckily the wheels and windscreen were there though so I thought.....

MOC in a Bag.

carinbag1.jpg

carinbag2.jpg

carinbag3.jpg

It took maybe 30 or 40 minutes, but I've managed to use every piece in the bag. The hardest part was when I wanted to change something and needed to separate pieces. especially if it was 2 1x2 plates stuck on top of each other or something.

I gotta say though, this was one of the most satisfying things I've ever built, and was a great challenge.

Now I gotta find more sets that are contained in a single bag. Perhaps some of the mini Technic sets like the tractor or Skid Steer Loader.

That is excellent for a MOC-in-a-bag. I think you have created your own genre!

Now I gotta find more sets that are contained in a single bag. Perhaps some of the mini Technic sets like the tractor or Skid Steer Loader.

Ahhghh, i've created a monster!

Amateurs.

You are all amateurs.

:-D

LOL! *y*

Megablocks you Sinner! Megablocks you! And I don't mean megablocks I mean eff-you-see-kay megablocks!

I saw your damn thread and read it and thought "That's the dumbest thing I've ever seen! Who would want to build a set in a bag? Why would someone be so dumb?"

And I laughed and I surfed away from your silly post, but then the word challenge kept ringing in my head and I said "But I don't have any racers around."

Then I saw it...a turkey in a polybag, unopened and normally therefore unassembled. So I picked it up and thought "How would you get two pieces together?"

So, I tried it and it was aggravatingly difficult for me. I thought again "This is stupid! Who would want to do this?"

Then an image of your stupid walrus head starting floating around my head saying "challenge...challenge...challenge" and I said "I'll show him!"

Really, I have a lot in common with a bull that way. Thank you testosterone for making me such an idiot.

Anyway, 10 minutes? pfff...that's nothing. It took me 25! Oh, is less time better? Well, this about drove me to drink, all those little plates, my big clunky fingers and there was a plastic bag in the way! Not to mention the instructions were still in the bag and kept getting in the way...and all the while that stupid walrus head floating around taunting me *sing* !

So, without further ado, here's my turkey in a bag!

turkey.jpg

If you were here, Sinner, I'd shove it in your face! But since you're not:

turkey_fu.jpg

Megablocks you female canine!

(See? This is why my friends beat on me...I'm short and I'm this much of an aggressive smartass in real life...)

Ha ha! I've bested your silly challenge! What else you got? Bring it on...

:-P :-P :-P

What a strange thing to do. Oh well. The small creator packs should only be with one set in them as well. Or so I thought. It is only the green one you can bag-build:

primary1xq3.jpg

Being creator sets. Why not build the secondary model as well... in the same bag:

secondary1ek8.jpg

It was getting late... so I built the third model as well:

tertiary1kt4.jpg

I have way too much time on my hands...

What a strange thing to do. Oh well. The small creator packs should only be with one set in them as well. Or so I thought. It is only the green one you can bag-build:

show off >:-( That would've taken me all day... :-P

;-) :-D :-D :-D

Could be worse, you could be reviewing ice cube trays! :-P

Could be worse, you could be reviewing ice cube trays! :-P

:-D :-D :-D Ouch! :-P

Or worse pitting SW mini-figs against eachother in a battle royale... ;-)

Ice cube trays? I have tasted the chocolates that one of our LEGO friends make, and they were actually quite good, so the trays are not completely useless.

I'm not a show-off. Gylman is :-P

I hope the Millennium Falcon will come in a single bag. On a second thought...

Still want to try it, but in general I forget to do it, before I tear open the bag 8-|

It's just a shame that this can't be done with bigger sets though.

I claim oldest! ;-)

misb.jpg

Brickshelf link X-D

God Bless,

Nathan

Amateurs.

You are all amateurs.

:-D

Wow! How did you get the batteries in? ;-)

If you were here, Sinner, I'd shove it in your face! But since you're not:

Just don't slap me with it. ;-)

Wow! Alternate models as well. I want that green one now!

Or worse pitting SW mini-figs against eachother in a battle royale... ;-)

Its not a Battle Royale, its an elimination tournament! |-/

I claim oldest! ;-)

Did you do this when it first come out or just recently.

Thanks guys for either giving it a go or showing one you did earlier. I think the Airtech Claw Rig wins.

Now i've got this out of my system I think I will open it now. :-$

Did you do this when it first come out or just recently.

Thanks guys for either giving it a go or showing one you did earlier. I think the Airtech Claw Rig wins.

Now i've got this out of my system I think I will open it now. :-$

Thanks?? >:-( >:-( I put all of that effort in, all of that passion and all I get is thanks??!! >:-( Boo! You're gonna get slapped all right!

Do you think it's more difficult to do this with a polybag like I did with the turkey than it is for sucky Sinner to do it with the air hole plastic bag from the racer set? Seriously, I'm better, right? I take challenges very seriously- :-P

:-D :-D :-D I'm never opening mine. It will forever stand as a symbol of my emotional triumph over this challenge.

Turkey in a bag on...

Do you think it's more difficult to do this with a polybag like I did with the turkey than it is for sucky Sinner to do it with the air hole plastic bag from the racer set? Seriously, I'm better, right? I take challenges very seriously- :-P

This calls for a poll!!

Slap??? >:-(

You done it now.......you think your so cool with your little turkey and fabuland lego >:-(

I always thought you whacked... now you have disrespected your culture so thanks alot |-/

Now I must go and lie down for there is nothing left to live for

:-P

Only joking

Piranha

This calls for a poll!!

Then start one! X-D and then vote for me...

...and don't forget to mention that I had to deal with the instructions getting in the way, I couldn't read the instructions because they were in the bag and half of the bag is printed on! And also mention that Sinner is stupid! :-P

Piranha, I think you've missed the point...

Snip

Piranha, I think you've missed the point...

Hmm oh opps ,I thought this was the icecube tray thread where I rant about everything :-D

Anyway that is very cool but I wouldn't go out and buy a set just to build it in a bag

Piranha