ZCerberus

Elemental Mayhem! Challenge IV Entry

Lord Burress,

The Elemental terror has reached Avalonia!

After going to Brickworld though, I so totally wanted to use a PF motor in a MOC. I figured this was the PERFECT spot to use one for a castle MOC. Check out the youtube video of the MOC in motion!

WATCH ME I HAVE POWER FUNCTIONS!!!

It only uses one Medium/regular PF motor, 4 LEDs and two red light bricks... and a bunch of gears and springs and rubber bands and stuff...

Overview of the MOC.

7694173320_8e6dc1d03b_b.jpg

7694173662_03f54d6b32_b.jpg

7694173540_8330b2cca0_b.jpg

Terror and details in the village!

7694275904_00113f7554_c.jpg

7694275456_d0a98f6874_c.jpg

More details- the elemental and a little ballista

7694185106_833a174cfe.jpg7694185490_bb30589f76.jpg

Details in the streets

7694185664_f979a89c2d.jpg7694185862_13e66a0a42.jpg7694185230_d1bca5ab70.jpg

After hearing some questions about the micro build- here is the micro build shots and one of the micro by itself.

7704198860_bc94231090.jpg7704198748_d7133dbac8.jpg7704198662_c109f05d9a.jpg

And lastly some of the gearing for the MOC.

7694331730_48aa5dddd3.jpg

There are some more pictures of some of the other fun details in my Flickr set, so check them out here!!

Wow Z! Mind blowing for sure! I just love that elemental guy, to bad mine doesn´t get so good. All the details in the moc is so good! Glad to have you in our team Z!

Nice job! Always like live action! Great monster and tower but my favorite part are the houses around the tower! default_thumbup.gif

Great monster and tower but my favorite part are the houses around the tower! default_thumbup.gif

Agreed. The 99% of the reason the tower even exists is just so I could make it tip over with the PF motor. I had a different top section built for it originally, but it was too heavy and stressin' out the motor and gears, so I cut back to the top you see now. It still looks good, but it was a little sacrifice that had to be made!

Wow Z! Mind blowing for sure! I just love that elemental guy, to bad mine doesn´t get so good. All the details in the moc is so good! Glad to have you in our team Z!

yeah, that face looks really god! Love the houses as well! :wink:

Incredible work *huh* The moving parts add a ton :thumbup: The fig posing is also top-notch.

The guy hiding under a barrel is great :laugh: You definitely conveyed the sense of terror extremely well.

The houses are also excellent, going to be a very touch entry to beat :classic:

Well, I guess my thought of me being the only one to use power functions was silly. This is awesome, and is going to be extremely hard to beat.

I saw you post you were motorizing and I also made a frowny face knowing I would not be alone. I know you are a creature expert so I bet you have something sweet cookin'

I'm amazed. I thought it was just good building at first. Then good building with power function vines. Then I noticed the tower was literally shaking. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup::wub_drool: The details and the PF really set this one apart.

Awesome build Z! I love the idea of the PF in this, I had wanted to put some LED lighting into mine, but it hasn't shown up yet. The shaking tower is fantastic, but the best part of the MOC is the dude crying and drinking in the house.

I had wanted to put some LED lighting into mine, but it hasn't shown up yet.

I thought the LEDs in the eyes really brought the elemental to life. I put two more LEDs in where his hands come out of the ground, but they are so faint, no one will likely notice! I think the video does a good job of showing the two red light bricks going off in the fire under the tower, though I wish I had done a better job with the flames in that area, but it was hard with the tower tipping down on it. Maybe an "in the dark" photo would be cool. I also have quite a bit of translucent pieces on the elemental. Maybe an "Angeli" blacklight pic could show that off as well! Scratch that- dark green doesn't seem to glow- though oddly several reddish brown pieces glow BRIGHT orange under the blacklight- so weird!

Great job Z! looks great the fig selection and the details are great as is the PF touches!

Off to build some more....

...May I ask where the micro-scale is? :wacko: I can't find it!

Great work, as usual. What really makes this special is the wipping tower and the vines flinging back and forth to cause additional trauma to the poor defending soldiers. Not that they'd need any more, what with them not being able to even scratch the mighty and impressive elemental :thumbup:

Maybe an "in the dark" photo would be cool. I also have quite a bit of translucent pieces on the elemental. Maybe an "Angeli" blacklight pic could show that off as well! Scratch that- dark green doesn't seem to glow- though oddly several reddish brown pieces glow BRIGHT orange under the blacklight- so weird!
Could you post a picture of this, because I imagine this looking extremely great and it adding even more atmosphere to the scenario :devil:

Also, I agree with Legonardo, a separate picture of the microbuild would certainly be appreciated.

...May I ask where the micro-scale is? :wacko: I can't find it!

It is less than brilliant. Not sure I have a photo of it on its own.

Here are a couple...

7704198860_bc94231090.jpg7704198748_d7133dbac8.jpg7704198662_c109f05d9a.jpg

You can see a second elemental terrorizing a settlement in them.

Beautiful building and excellent functions, and balance! :thumbup:

Bar has been raised, I can't wait for everyone else to post their amazing builds!

Well this is what you get when you put more effort in building than just an afternoon :wink:

Really a great job, great minifig action like the soldiers running and fighting the monster. And the villagers hiding and drinking :tongue: Even more with the pf.

The monster also worked out fine, and an excellent ability making his arm going into the earth to erupt somewhere else. Also the deatail like the goatee: :thumbup:

And nice use of the power miners monster in the micro!

((One small non building note though. Sure the earth element is covered with plants, mine did too, but controling plants is actually done by the water element.))

Edited by Ecclesiastes

((One small non building note though. Sure the earth element is covered with plants, mine did too, but controling plants is actually done by the water element.))

I was unaware! Interesting note. Who decides this kind of thing? Is there an Elemental handbook somewhere?

Anyhow- I did throw in one Ecc specific Easter Egg in the houses. Maybe you missed it...

This was my first trip down the PF road. I learned a bunch, but it definitely expanded the required build time!

I was unaware! Interesting note. Who decides this kind of thing? Is there an Elemental handbook somewhere?

Anyhow- I did throw in one Ecc specific Easter Egg in the houses. Maybe you missed it...

This was my first trip down the PF road. I learned a bunch, but it definitely expanded the required build time!

Well, ever seen avatar? It is all about the elements. And waterbenders are able to controle plants because of the water in the plants.

Is it the dragon staff on the attic?! I did see it but forgot to notice it in the comment!

And I almost thought of noticing the lack of stairs, but as you are only showing half houses I assume they are in the other half of the houses :tongue::devil:

Edited by Ecclesiastes

You totally just blew everyone out of the water.

Perfect for me, as my scene is in the water :laugh:

anyway Z, I hate you for discouraging me :laugh: Great job!!! Every single detail fits perfectly

Well, ever seen avatar? It is all about the elements. And waterbenders are able to controle plants because of the water in the plants.

I did see it on Netflix- I don't recall that part specifically though. I thought the Earth guys were pretty cool.

Is it the dragon staff on the attic?! I did see it but forgot to notice it in the comment!

Indeed. I can't figure out how it got there though.

And I almost thought of noticing the lack of stairs, but as you are only showing half houses I assume they are in the other half of the houses :tongue:

Who would bother to point out missing stairs? Seems too critical to me! :tongue: