Piranha

Ideas For new sets(Wild West)

Wait before I start has this been done before..........

Ya anyone got any ideas for new sets

I really like what Brickminer has done

Here are some of my ideas

Indian Ambush:39.99

The indians have ambushed the pioneers can you help them escape.Includes covered wagon, bridge, 3 indians and 3 pioneers.

Gold Mine:99.99

Gold has been discovered in and abonded gold mine can you discover it first.Includes Gold mine with railways and gold carts, shafts, overseeing office, water tower, gold, bushes, various mining tools, 3 miners, 2 bandits and stagecoach with area for storing gold.

Shootout:29.99

The bandits have just robbed the bank and are escaping through a canyon but the sheriff and his crew made it there before them.Who will win, you decide.Includes canyon, BURPs, 3 bandits, sheriff and 2 of his crew.

Dodge City:159.99

Dodge city has everything an old western town would have had ,includes genral store, bank, saloon, sheriffs office, jail, post office, stage coach waiting area,stage coach,3 bandits, 4 cowboys,sheriff,banker,saloon bartender,postman and various other figs.

:-)

Welcome to EB Piranha. I would suggest you take a look at this thread:

Help Dusty Miller: What sets would you add to the WW theme?

Thank you, I knew it had to have been done

Now what to do................................

Must think of a new topic that is interesting and not boring........

The ever going search for the perfect topic :-P

Piranha :-)

( I got it, how about another poll :-D )

Have you done any WW MOCs Piranha? Perhaps you can share some of your creations.

Watch out for POLLS, you might get nicknamed "Pollster Junior". - My title was "the Pollster" for a while.

Have you done any WW MOCs Piranha? Perhaps you can share some of your creations.

Watch out for POLLS, you might get nicknamed "Pollster Junior". - My title was "the Pollster" for a while.

Sadly no, I haven't had the time

But sometime ago I created a gold mine, stage coach, soldier office and other little MOCs

I forgot what happened to them though

Actually the best Lego buy I ever made was the Rapid River Village, got it for $20 at Kb's :-)

Piranha

Good deal! Did you take any pictures of your WW MOCs? You can always rebuild down the road, if not.

Brick Miner has done some really good MOCs and you can check out some of mine through my signature link. Nice to see another WW enthusiast on EB. *y*

I really like what Brickminer has done
thanks piranha... and it's really great to see some more WW interest !!! similar to Brickster, i'd like to see how other fans interpret/explore the theme.

--------------------------------------------------

Brick Miner has done some really good MOCs and you can check out some of mine through my signature link. Nice to see another WW enthusiast on EB. *y*
i have actually reworked all my currently published MOCs, B... and i think i have something much better thanks to the feedback provided here on EB, and through the growth of my own skills as an MOCist.

overall, my scale was too large (by one or two bricks) and too open... you guys should see a general acknowledgement to this problem in my future MOCs.

as for the topic at hand... my LEGOREDO STATION #6785 is only months away !!!

then after that, im knocking down possible WW sets/concepts that LEGO missed in my MOC line up...

GUNSLIGNERS SALOON #6758 (redesign)

DOC'S SNAKE OIL #6714

STAGECOACH HOLD-UP #6722 (redesign)

BANDIT'S ESCAPE CAR #6708

BOULDER PASSAGE #6784

TRADING POST #6741

FRONTIER OUTPOST #6742

for the ghost town sub-theme i have these idea i want to explore...

GHOST TOWN'S HAUNTED PASS #6776 (redesign)

WATER TOWER TERROR #6738

PRECARIOUS BRIDGE #6749

these are all ideas i have come-up with that i feel have a strong theme and characters to support them. there are plenty of other ideas, like a pony express/post office... but i haven't fully worked out a supportive concept/theme on which to base the set's design... so i haven't even put it in the slate.

and as you mentioned piranha, i like the idea of pioneers (the townsfolk of the western theme)... i've love to see some new molds made for these characters.

- BrickMiner

for the ghost town sub-theme i have these idea i want to explore...

GHOST TOWN'S HAUNTED PASS #6776 (redesign)

WATER TOWER TERROR #6738

PRECARIOUS BRIDGE #6749

- BrickMiner

I've tried to build a water tower a few times myself, but never came up with something that I liked (not for Grave Stone, but just as an addition to a train depot). I'm interested in what you come up with. The base is what always gives me trouble. I've tried a few different techniques, but nothing that I've been fond of.

I notice that it takes you several months to build one of your MOCs. Do you do a lot of re-design, or just have limited time to build - or is it the graphic work that takes you a long time?

I've tried to build a water tower a few times myself, but never came up with something that I liked (not for Grave Stone, but just as an addition to a train depot). I'm interested in what you come up with. The base is what always gives me trouble. I've tried a few different techniques, but nothing that I've been fond of.
with my MOCs i like to capture a mood or feeling which provokes playability... for example... a train/ train station needs to feel powerful, a saloon rough/wild/dangerous, a snake oil peddler is sneaky/tricky... im sure you get my point.

anyway, im using the Ghost Town sub-theme as a mood and setting in which to cover the less emotional themes of the WW. that is why i used a hotel and mercantile in my GHOST TOWN'S HAUNTED PASS... a hotel has few possibilities for playability in a classic western setting... but if you make it haunted, that opens a world of fun - haunted beds and cupboards, etc... and that is why im exploring the (otherwise kinda boring) water tower idea in a ghost town setting.

also, this is worth mentioning... my new revamped Ghost Town theme is going to be greatly inspired by the new castle 2007 line... i want to open up the world of fantasy to the Old West, just as LEGO is doing to the medieval times... thus, my water tower is more of a monster, similar to my cactus in GHOST TOWN'S HAUNTED PASS and incorporates the same type of fantasy seen in the skull castle of 7093.

I notice that it takes you several months to build one of your MOCs. Do you do a lot of re-design, or just have limited time to build - or is it the graphic work that takes you a long time?
im usually waiting on parts from BL. i mean, really if you break it down... when i order parts from a european seller (which seems to be 75% of the time - they have the special color pieces) the parts take up to 2 weeks to arrive... if after they arrive, i try them and find i don't like their inclusion... im back to ordering more parts to solve the MOC puzzle... this process can continue over and over until im happy.

i haven't seen a current LEGO line that is worth buying just for the parts to build in the western theme... so i end up BrickLinking the special pieces i need. that is why im shooting for three MOCs a year, or 1 every 4 months.

- BrickMiner

I think you have too many big sets and are neglecting the smaller (under $50) sets.

Dodge City:159.99

Dodge city has everything an old western town would have had ,includes genral store, bank, saloon, sheriffs office, jail, post office, stage coach waiting area,stage coach,3 bandits, 4 cowboys,sheriff,banker,saloon bartender,postman and various other figs.

You split this one up into a set for each building and have a whole line from just it. Also, you've fallen victim to the standard new set idea trap... too many minifigs.

Steve

I notice a common complaint amongst castle fans is there aren't enough civilian/peasant sets, does this every come up in Wild West?

So what about a ranch or barn or windmill or something along the lines of an agricultural sub-theme? Is that appealing to Western fans or isn't it exciting enough?

So what about a ranch or barn or windmill or something along the lines of an agricultural sub-theme? Is that appealing to Western fans or isn't it exciting enough?
i think that is the pioneers we spoke of... at least thet is the common people i would like to see.

ranches and barnes wouldn't really add much to the theme in my opinion.

- BM

I notice a common complaint amongst castle fans is there aren't enough civilian/peasant sets, does this every come up in Wild West?

I like the idea of a ranch and a barn. Not to keep talking about Playmobil, but they seem successful with their farm theme and they had a ranch as part of their Western theme. I think both would make nice additions to the theme.

I'd like to see a ranch set. Or anything that brings us cows and other farm animals for that matter.

Steve

Hi, I am new here on Eurobricks.

As I am a real Lego Wild West fan, I would like more sets of this theme and I hope TLC will release some in the following years:

Wild West Ranch

a ranch with farm building (first floor: entrance, living room and little citchen with chimney, second floor: two bed rooms), a windmill and a stable

including some horses

minifigs: farmer, his wife, his son and a farmhand

Wild West Train

a train with steam engine, tender, two passenger carriages and a cargo carriage (like the one in the new RC cargo train set, but in brown colours)

including two horses, cargo staff, a big cactus and a treasure box and barrels

minifigs: 2 robbers, 4 passengers, stoker and engineer

Wild West Train Station

a train station (first floor: ticket office, second floor: little apartment) and platform

minifigs: 3 passengers and a conductor

Other ideas are following soon.

welcome klaus-dieter !!! those are great ideas !!! be sure to keep posted to EB's Histroy and Adventure Forum in the next month - im publishing my WW train/station MOC and would love to hear your thoughs...

our station concepts seem very similar !!!

- BrickMiner

Oh, yeah, I forgot to say that the WW Train should be a 9V train with 9V tracks (perhaps also with a 9V transformator and perhaps a S@H Exclusive because I think it wouldn't be too cheap).

Besides, I looked at Brick Miner's MOC sets (stage coach, ghost town and saloon): they are so excellent, perfect and well done (only the saloon would be in my opinion better with additional two bed rooms upstairs and a bar and a barkeeper) that it is a shame that TLC hasn't released them. If Lego thinks that it is too risky to do WW sets in public releasement, they could also release them as S@H Exclusives (like they now do with the Caf

Hello, I'm here again!

New ideas:

Wild West Robbers' Hiding Place

a cave with rocks, shrubs and a fire place

including some horses, a packhorse, treasure box and some barrels

minifigs: 4 robbers and the robbers' boss

Wild West Post Office

a post office (first floor: entrance with office, second floor: little apartment) and a post coach

including some letters, some parcels, some suitcases and two coach horses

minifigs: coacher, two post officers, a woman and a man

Indians' Treasure Cave

a cave with rocks, shrubs and a secret entrance

including barrels and treasure boxes filled with gold and jewels

minifigs: 2 Indians

Wild West Market Place

a market place with some market stalls and a simple coach

including coach horse, some barrels, some boxes, a hayfork, a horse and some food

minifigs: a soldier, a wealthy man with his woman, some sellers and farmers

Other ideas are following in the next ten minutes!

Hello, is there anybody?

OK, there is nobody. Nevertheless, my last ideas (momentary) for new WW sets:

Wild West Gold Mine

a gold mine (in the style Lego did before), but bigger and with a seperate workers' building (with office)

including some tippers on tracks, a packhorse, a horse and a lot of gold

minifigs: 2-4 miners, the miner's boss and a cowboy

Wild West Town

a town with a little gun ghop (first floor: shop, second floor: bed room) and a trader's shop (first floor: trader's shop, second floor: living room)

including two horses, some boxes, some barrels and some food

minifigs: trader, gun shop owner, sheriff, cowboy and some other people

Wild West Fair

a fair in the WW town with a target on a big tree (like in the Robin Hood sets), a fire place and a house (first and second floor: apartments)

including some benchs, some tables, some barrels and a horse

minifigs: 2 cowboys, one woman, sheriff, the robber's boss

Wild West Settlers On Tour

including a covered wagon with a tag, a coach horse, a horse and some cactus

minifigs: settler, his wife and their son and daughter

As minifig sets I would like to see:

Wild West Soldiers

including two horses and a cactus

minifigs: 2 soldiers, a captain and a commander

Wild West Robbers

including two horses and a shrub

minifigs: 3 robbers and the robbers' boss

Wild West Cowboys

including 2 horses and a cactus

minifigs: 3 cowboys and sheriff

Wild West People

including a horse, a hayfork, a barrel and a box

minifigs: man with his wife and their two children

Wild West Ranger

including a horse and a packhorse

minifigs: ranger with his dog

So, these are my proposals and wishes and I really hope that some of these sets become real in the near future.

Besides, I looked at Brick Miner's MOC sets (stage coach, ghost town and saloon): they are so excellent, perfect and well done
thanks KD !!! but far from perfect, as my revisions have proved !!! with the second designs in place, now they are near perfect >:-) :-D
(only the saloon would be in my opinion better with additional two bed rooms upstairs...
yes, a lot of people critique my saloon for not building on the second level... i think what a lot of viewers aren't taking into consideration is that the table/chair/magnet system requires the dimensions of the saloon to be 20 studs wide, and there is no plate that is 20 studs wide... making it a necessity to use multiple plates to cover the area... this is a practice (stacking plates on one another to cover an area) LEGO never implemented in the 90's (the building style which i am trying to perfect). thus the hinges were a necessary resolution, the by-product is that nothing can be built on the upper level.

it seems most don't understand this concept... or do, and would rather have the "action feature" removed... but that is the coolest part *sing* !!! and the entire concept of the design... without that the saloon is just any other, half-boring MOC.

in any case, thanks for the brief reviews KB... BTW, a saloon revision is next on my plate after the train station MOC (which is going to be ready very very soon) !!!

...and a bar and a barkeeper) that it is a shame that TLC hasn't released them. If Lego thinks that it is too risky to do WW sets in public releasement, they could also release them as S@H Exclusives (like they now do with the Caf

Indians' Treasure Cave

a cave with rocks, shrubs and a secret entrance

including barrels and treasure boxes filled with gold and jewels

minifigs: 2 Indians

This seems like a good one, especially with some nice landscaping, I'd be a buyer!

God Bless,

Nathan

The Brickster, I looked at your MOC sets and found the church and the ghost house with the black tree very nice. Your church creation would be the one I thought about when writing down the idea of the WW Church with a litlle cemetery. Nice!