marshal_banana

WW Category 2: 1908 Wild West Town

Supporter's choice  

282 members have voted

1. 1. Which building should be implemented first?

Bonaparte: Go here on CUUSOO to cast your vote!

Hi all. Finally I finished my town for the epic Spaghetti Western Contest.

My plan was to create a quiet classic and highly detailed late Western-Town, based around the year 1908.

My goal was to design the most importend buildings every western town should include:

a saloon, gun store, post office, central store and the sheriffs place and jail.

The design of the buildings is inspired by movies, and I watched a lot Western these days.

So I can't name a particular movie this town appeares in. The style is also little influenced by the work of Kris Kelvin.

6132596693_e35e343e90_z.jpg

6132741603_8549565ca8_z.jpg

6133305020_b01a90347e_z.jpg

6133463944_1567d82e41_z.jpg

6133566018_309eb2b118_z.jpg

Interior

Also a detailed interior was important for me.

6133041511_83def3b4ac_z.jpg

6133404274_2879db2075_z.jpg

6133402720_b17468a44c_z.jpg

6133500796_f573352592_z.jpg

Vehicles

I just had to include the iconic Ford Model T, it was brand new on the market in the year 1908

and it became one of the most successful cars ever produced. And of course the stagecoach!

6132802669_12a0f752e8_z.jpg

6052271581_e908bb3cf7_z.jpg

Edited by marshal_banana

Incredible. :wub_drool:

So many great techniques to love. I especially love the use of the curved ladder pieces for the railing on the white building, and you have to love the shiny Model T.

Really impressive - I'd seen the first shots earlier on Flickr and was very impressed - all the interiors are as interesting as the exteriors. Love the carriage too.

This is definitely my favorite town! I love how detailed it is, and historically accurate (from what I can tell). I love the clapboard/siding on your buildings... never thought of doing that! That clock tower is splendid.

LOVE everything. :wub: I could go on and on...

This is not LEGO. This is art! *oh2*

I would love to see some closeups pictures of the inside or a explanation on how you made the slanted horisontal panels on some of the buildings. Like the grey panels on the clock tower.

Hope you win this contest!

Veeery impressive! I like the detailed interiors the most, but the outside of the buildings is also incredibly

nice. Excellent MOC!

This is not LEGO. This is art! *oh2*

I would love to see some closeups pictures of the inside or a explanation on how you made the slanted horisontal panels on some of the buildings. Like the grey panels on the clock tower.

Hope you win this contest!

I think the grey panels on the clock tower are 45 degree roof slopes stacked on top of each other??

Wow what an incredible build! :wub:

From your innovative building designs, to your mind-blowing interior decor and vehicles I'd say this is not only one of the best entrees I've seen so far; it's one of the best WW themed MOC's in recent memory! :thumbup:

Love the cheese slope detailing everywhere and the unique minifigure combos! Best of luck and congrats on a job well done!

Congratulations on (IMO) the strongest entry in the comp, well done pirate_thumbup.gif .

Good luck in the voting , though I don't think luck will have anything to do with it...........paint me green and call me Gumby.

This is such a lovely build. My favorite building has to be the store. Great use of the windmill parts. Really makes the facade pop.

I don't know what I like the most - the interior's or that Model-T Ford - I must remember to vote for this one for the sake of that classic car and brick-built furniture, etc.,. :thumbup:

Excellent work 'marshal_banana' and Brick On ! :grin:

Fantastic! It's so full of clever details that one could be looking at it for hours :thumbup:

The piano is one of those great details, and funny enough it looks very similiar to my own piano IRL.

Also clever how you managed to make everything look like it was made out of wood.

The safe and the car are excellent as well. Great job :thumbup:

What a fantastic MOC!. With all those brown's too you surly made it all come together really well. I love the Stage coach!..pirate_thumbup.gif

Absolutely outstanding! *oh2*

Not only the city is a masterpiece itself but there are also a lot of remarkable details in every building

Good luck and I hope you win :thumbup:

Absolutely stunning!

Those town buildings are probably the best Western MOCs I've ever seen.

Amazing how a Westerntown can look so real when made with plastic bricks.

Lots of details and innovative usage of other parts!

the railings at the white building were from the windmill in the Mill Village Raid? :thumbup:

interior details are great!

You MISTER BROWN are a real master Builder !

After the Sandcrawler, you've prooved here that your technic and your imagination is not restricted to SW !

I'm very glad to see your talent in other theme !

this is really a masterpiece ! congratulation and good luck for the contest!

This is just stunning. I love that chandelier and the whole town is just like a modular western town.

I really can't think of anything clever to say, so I'll just say it looks fantastic!

Outstanding MOC! It captures the feel of a Wild West Town perfectly and the colours and detail on the outside of the buildings work perfectly. I too particularly like the interiors they are realistic, very well built and work perfectly in the buildings. :thumbup:

Extremely well done. :classic:

~buddy~