CIMG0942.jpg

CIMG0951.jpg

CIMG0957.jpg

CIMG1111.jpg

CIMG0962.jpg

CIMG0982.jpg

. Along with the many functions is has in an

You can also view a full set of photos on flickr

Yes, Yes indeed this is for Pillage the Village II : Calm After the Storm large division. It is currently my largest creation to date over 3 feet by 3 feet and has more than tested my with a variety of ideas. It has been quite and experience. (Especially the photography)

Anyway I hope you enjoy 'The Reconstruction of Fort Oswald'

Edited by Erdbeereis

WOW! This is looking great. I love the SNOT deck of the ship, and snaggletooth random dock that you have is great too. \

If I had a suggestion for the ship, it would be to play up the light blue even more and add more chrome silver like the two 1x1 rounds that you have there - light blue and silver would give the ship great personality when most are decorated with dark red and pearl gold accents.

For a name, I might put forward "The Rebirth of the Eagle", since, in the US at least, the Eagle can often be seen as a symbol for warlike times and actions, the opposite of the peaceful dove. If The Eagle were being reborn, it would symbolize the peacefullness and tranquility that this contest has brought about.

...the Eagle can often be seen as a symbol for warlike times and actions, the opposite of the peaceful dove.

So wouldn't that mean having the eagle reborn would actually connote preparing for war? Just a thought... Not that I don't like the suggested name, or eagles in general ;) Speaking about that - I also enjoy the light blue elements on her hull and seeing as you've included a light blue stripe on the sides, I'd strongly suggest continuing that onto the stern and bow of the ship.

NewRight, coming from that "sailing in the port upon its completion" thing you said, I must ask - whose completion, the port's or the ship's? In any case, I was just wondering - have you considered turning this into a shipyard which is just launching a new flagship? Workers applying finishing works on her hull while the crew are anxiously awaiting for her to finally be ready to sail... Or celebrating her launch while the water from the launch creates a nice tidal wave? Have you considered anything in that sense or would you rather have a regular "ship entering port" scene?

If it's the latter, I would suggest adding a lighthouse there. Port lighthouses are usually not too prominent, so it does not have to be a huge structure. It would however liven up the surroundings and add a very unique touch to the whole scene.

I'm sorry I can't really help with the ship's name there, but unless we know what it is exactly you have in mind as a backstory, I don't think we can be of much use. Unless of course, you're going to tailor the story to the name, in which case I'd suggest "Rebirth of the Arawak". The Arawak were one of the tribes encountered in the New World, and also one of the first ones to face almost complete extinction. I don't suppose this sounds like a logical choice of name, but it could be seen as an implication of peace between the Spanish invaders and the Arawaks and recognition of the native's culture... especially if it's their ancestral land that the port is built on!

I don't know about the name but ship is pretty cool- still deck looks awfully empty especially when it is snot- are they going to play ballgame or what real ships had their decks filled with goods and boats and crew :pir-tongue:

Wow! Looking forward to this MOC when it's finished! I love the tan deck on the ship. Might I suggest adding some dark red accents to the ship, I love the light blue/dark red color sheme ever since the durmstrang ship! The dock is looking good. I'm not to sure of the blue 2x3 tiles on the crates as it looks too much like the water. As for a name.... I suggest: The rebirth of the phoenix, since this is the only creature which can rebirth!

~Badboy

WOW! This is looking great. I love the SNOT deck of the ship, and snaggletooth random dock that you have is great too. \

If I had a suggestion for the ship, it would be to play up the light blue even more and add more chrome silver like the two 1x1 rounds that you have there - light blue and silver would give the ship great personality when most are decorated with dark red and pearl gold accents.

For a name, I might put forward "The Rebirth of the Eagle", since, in the US at least, the Eagle can often be seen as a symbol for warlike times and actions, the opposite of the peaceful dove. If The Eagle were being reborn, it would symbolize the peacefullness and tranquility that this contest has brought about.

I had all intentions to play up the light blue. I just need to find a few more bricks in that color. As for silver I'll see what I can find.

So wouldn't that mean having the eagle reborn would actually connote preparing for war? Just a thought... Not that I don't like the suggested name, or eagles in general ;) Speaking about that - I also enjoy the light blue elements on her hull and seeing as you've included a light blue stripe on the sides, I'd strongly suggest continuing that onto the stern and bow of the ship.

NewRight, coming from that "sailing in the port upon its completion" thing you said, I must ask - whose completion, the port's or the ship's? In any case, I was just wondering - have you considered turning this into a shipyard which is just launching a new flagship? Workers applying finishing works on her hull while the crew are anxiously awaiting for her to finally be ready to sail... Or celebrating her launch while the water from the launch creates a nice tidal wave? Have you considered anything in that sense or would you rather have a regular "ship entering port" scene?

If it's the latter, I would suggest adding a lighthouse there. Port lighthouses are usually not too prominent, so it does not have to be a huge structure. It would however liven up the surroundings and add a very unique touch to the whole scene.

I'm sorry I can't really help with the ship's name there, but unless we know what it is exactly you have in mind as a backstory, I don't think we can be of much use. Unless of course, you're going to tailor the story to the name, in which case I'd suggest "Rebirth of the Arawak". The Arawak were one of the tribes encountered in the New World, and also one of the first ones to face almost complete extinction. I don't suppose this sounds like a logical choice of name, but it could be seen as an implication of peace between the Spanish invaders and the Arawaks and recognition of the native's culture... especially if it's their ancestral land that the port is built on!

I was actually meant the rebirth of the port and not the ship itself. I had had plans to also add a light house, but I've instead replaced it with a small set of houses. I was thinking this would be a merchant town due to the two ports is has.

As for dark red accents I feel that if I bring another color into this it will become to congested and colorful. I was hoping to stick to Brown, Tan, Lt. Blue, and Silver, but I may add some regular blue. Maybe that will add a little more 'spice' to this.

As for the deck I plan on adding an upper deck and the picture I've shown is very prelim. There will be more to come. :pir-classic:

I was actually meant the rebirth of the port and not the ship itself.

Should have said so in the first place! Might I suggest "Rebirth of Roanoke" then? Roanoke Colony was the first settlement to be established by the Englishmen (Sir Raleigh, to be precise) in the New World... They tried to develop it a number of times, but it always ended up deserted with the local pollution presumed either dead or converted by the indigenous tribes, hence its name "The Lost Colony". Giving it a chance of a rebirth would work nicely here, at least for me :)

I had had plans to also add a light house, but I've instead replaced it with a small set of houses. I was thinking this would be a merchant town due to the two ports is has.

Oh well, if it's a small merchant town, I guess that look would suit it really nicely, great idea. I do however think that those docks look a little too big for a 'small' town... Anyway, can't wait to see more pics! Enjoy your build :)

Looking good so far. The port looks a nice size which is good as you dont want your ship to dwarf it. The ships looking interesting and has a great deck. I cant really say too much as i'll wait till its completed. Deffinitly looks like this entry will be one to watch :pir-classic:

I've made a load of progress including many new buildings and a two new cobblestone paths. Anyway:

4102854607_78c742fc25.jpg

Helpful criticism and feedback are happily accepted.

Edited by NewRight

My apologies. I didn't know WIP photos applied to contest rules. (I had just been using the Flickr default)

Fixed. :pir-tongue:

My apologies. I didn't know WIP photos applied to contest rules. (I had just been using the Flickr default)

Fixed. :pir-tongue:

Not to the contest rules, but to the Forum Rules (800x600) :pir-wink: .

Not to the contest rules, but to the Forum Rules (800x600) :pir-wink: .

Right I knew that. (I did think it was lesser enforced. I guess I was mistaken there. Thanks for the help.) :pir-blush:

Looking good NewRight! I noticed that you're in need of yellow arches and had a notion - have you considered using these in yellow? They really do stand out and I guess they'd look nice in the streets of such a town... Or is it just the buildings and not the pathways that you need the arches for?

Anyway - what's that treasure doing there unattended? You'd better take care of that!!! :pir-tongue:

Looking good NewRight! I noticed that you're in need of yellow arches and had a notion - have you considered using these in yellow? They really do stand out and I guess they'd look nice in the streets of such a town... Or is it just the buildings and not the pathways that you need the arches for?

Anyway - what's that treasure doing there unattended? You'd better take care of that!!! :pir-tongue:

Well the arches are actually to go around the curved windows I'm using on the yellow building that can be seen, but I still think I may pick some of those up later on.

Will do for the treasure. :pir_laugh2:

An additional WIP shot. I know it doesn't give much away, but I still want to keep some secrecy with this project.

4105521305_599baca5a5.jpg

Feedback welcome. :pir-classic:

Edited by NewRight

Speak now or forever be silenced. I present the teaser for my PTV creation that should be here later today. :pir_laugh2:

CIMG1037.jpg

'Scuse the double post as well. :pir-skull:

I'd rather remain silent (than be silenced), but let me just say... hey where's the peace man! Not too much love between that pirate captain and the redcoats, eh? :kahuka:

Was just wondering earlier today whether you'd finally post that WIP of yours! Good thing you thought about it too :pir_laugh2:

Welcome to Fort Oswald!

Situated just near a small port town with surplus supplies and an abundant amount of natural culture. With the Governor approaching in his massive flagship with his beautiful daughter bringing even additional supplies to the lands of possibility.

CIMG0942.jpg

CIMG0951.jpg

CIMG0957.jpg

CIMG1111.jpg

CIMG0962.jpg

CIMG0982.jpg

. Along with the many functions is has in an

You can also view a full set of photos on flickr

Yes, Yes indeed this is for Pillage the Village II : Calm After the Storm large division. It is currently my largest creation to date over 3 feet by 3 feet and has more than tested my with a variety of ideas. It has been quite and experience. (Especially the photography)

I added this same material to the first post to make it easier to find as well.

I nearly didnt notice this, as it was right down the list. It might have been better to post a new topic with it. Anyways, my post will get it back up the top where it belongs.

Right, on to this awesome entry. Ive been following your wip pictures of this on flickr and have been looking forward to seeing this. Its such a great build allround, so vibrant with colours that it really stands out. I can see you've spent a long time on this and it shows in all the great details you've crammed in. The port is very quaint and has a nice joly feel to it. The different techniques on the houses are very well executed. The ship is awesome, great shape and colour choice and im a fan of brick built sails. Overall this is a top notch moc and one of the best ive seen from you and in the competition. Just love the bright colour effect that it gives off. You've made it very difficult for the voters as its another great entry to add to the many there already is!

Yes, this truly amazing. I love to browse through your pictures for details.

There are so many amazing entries this year, it's gonna be very hard to decide on a favourite, especially in the large category.

There's so much talent, and it's really nice to see that you've outdone yourself (that's what I guess you've done, by making your biggest MOC yet)

Congratulations on making such a wonderfull MOC

as usual , you did a really nice job , this entry is excellent and your videos to show every details in it are nice !

I love this ship, except for the blue part at the front of it, I don't really know what it's supposed to be but I don't really like it, just a matter of taste! ^^

Wow a very very lovely moc. It's just a shame you didn't finish it earlier so we could give somke feedback, and you could have changed some minor things. Ah who cares. It looks very lovely!

This has got to be the best overall presentation in the entire contest. With so many pics, videos and even those teasers, you've nailed it down perfectly, NewRight! Marketing & advertising ftw :pir_laugh2:

The MOC itself doesn't disappoint either - and what I love about it the most is its modularity and full range of functions. Who doesn't like a well-built, sturdy yet fully playable diorama! I don't think you would have needed too much "creative / constructive criticism", since you've obviously known what you want to build and how you want to build it all along :) The details are lovely and I've definitely enjoyed looking for more and more interesting stuff in your flickr gallery. It's a shame though that this has been entered so late and so becomes one of the many wonderful (and HUGE) last-minute entries... But at least you made sure to build up our anticipation!!

The only improvement I feel this one could have used is an increase in the size of buildings... It may just be me, but they seem a bit on the compact side, especially compared to the Governor's huge ship. I know it's a small colony in the process of rebuilding, but for some reason I feel the houses could have used an additional layer or two of bricks.

As to the ship - she's definitely a beauty, but it looks to me that her stern is a bit too high above the water... You haven't provided too many angles of her though, so I might as well be mistaken here. Not trying to be fussy, just mentioning :pir-hmpf:

To sum it all up - I'm mighty glad I've finally seen this beauty of a MOC! Good luck in the contest NewRight!!!