TheDarkness

Show your LOTR pictures and armies

There was a little bit of conjecture in the Castle Army thread, so it might be a little easier to have seperate Castle and LOTR picture threads :)

Just a pic or two of my current setup. I really do need to learn to take proper photos!

"It is an army built for a single purpose... to destroy the world of men!"

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/TheMatrix31/LOTR/helms_deep1.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/TheMatrix31/LOTR/helms_deep_3.jpg

Edited by CorneliusMurdock
Removed Deeplinks. Pictures too big.

Very nice! How many sets is that? What did you end up doing with all the extra walls and catapults from the Uruk-hai Army sets?

I looked at that, but part of the previous discussion involved that thread being about what armies can be created with the various parts currently available.

As for my army so far I have

1 x Helm's Deep

15 x Uruk-hai Army

5 x Orc Force

If we go further, I have

1 x Shelob Attacks

5 x Weathertop

I am supposed to have a Moria set but I suspect it has disappeared in the mail. 3rd parcel go missing from Barnes and Noble this year, I won't be using them again!

And SheepEater, it is Aragorn's quote when discussing the army with Theoden. Saruman says "There will be no dan for men" :)

An impressive army.

I would love to have that many minifigures. :wub:

As for my army so far I have

1 x Helm's Deep

15 x Uruk-hai Army

5 x Orc Force

If we go further, I have

1 x Shelob Attacks

5 x Weathertop

Awesome! I was contemplating going out and buying all the Batman Lego sets that are currently available and branching out to another them besides just LotR. This diagram makes me reconsider though. I am so torn, the new Batman minifig pics from SDCC make me want to get all the Batman sets before it's too late, but these pics make me want more Uruk-hai army sets, lol. I probably should wait till there is a decent sale to get more Uruk-Hai Army sets, that's what I told myself I was going to do, but seriously seeing these pictures makes me want to say screw it and just run out and buy 5 more! They prolly won't even be around by the time a good sale hits anyways... hmm, decisions, decisions.

Btw, no Gandalf Arrives set?

Awesome! I was contemplating going out and buying all the Batman Lego sets that are currently available and branching out to another them besides just LotR. This diagram makes me reconsider though. I am so torn, the new Batman minifig pics from SDCC make me want to get all the Batman sets before it's too late, but these pics make me want more Uruk-hai army sets, lol. I probably should wait till there is a decent sale to get more Uruk-Hai Army sets, that's what I told myself I was going to do, but seriously seeing these pictures makes me want to say screw it and just run out and buy 5 more! They prolly won't even be around by the time a good sale hits anyways... hmm, decisions, decisions.

Btw, no Gandalf Arrives set?

I've cut back on my other themes to an extent. Or maybe it is just that I have so many of the ones I want already. I'm only missing the small sets from Avengers and Batman, other than the Quinjet. My Star Wars purchases have been cut right back as there isn't much out I like. I was heavilly into the Modulars collecting wise, but never built them. If I get some space I might look at it, but LOTR is my main interest now.

I avoided the Gandalf arrives set because here it is overpriced but by the time I pay for shipping overseas, the savings I get would be minor. So I am just holding off until it is heavilly discounted here.

I also forgot to include my second sealed Helm's Deep set :)

Ya, I hear ya.

I missed out on a lot of the earlier Star Wars sets and am a completionist so I don't even want to bother with them at this point. There would be no way to get even a fraction of all the sets available from the past ten years. Plus most the current sets seem overpriced and boring, not that I could afford them and LotR, what with my army building tendencies. I gotta say though, the new Rancor Pit pictures and the Jabba's Palace do sway me, if only a little.

As for the rest of the Lego themed sets, again nothing that really sparks my interest. The Dino sets seemed kinda cool for the dinosaurs, but I think I will pass on them. I do really like the Batman sets though, and unlike the Star Wars ones you don't really need to army build with them. Plus the newer ones seem to be more or less remakes from the first Batman series, just slightly updated so it seems like a perfect time to pick them up. Not only that, the new minifigs shown at SDCC look amazing like I mentioned before so ya.. they really have caught my eye.

Anyways, sorry to derail the thread, again your army looks fantastic! Kudos!

I now have all the sets - just waiting for BL to get back to normal before I look at fleshing out the armies further.

Assuming my remaining outstanding delivery from B&N arrives, for armies I will have 36 uruk hai, 8 each of Moria & Mordor orcs, 12 Rohirrim & 4 Gimlis ( :sceptic: ). Haven't opened the other Helm's Deep box yet.

For now I have 1 shot of my Helm's Deep set-up:

7588092502_58ef075b11.jpg

Gimli & Legolas are on the wall above the ladder.

Tehe, both who have posted pictures have the rohirrim coming from the wrong side.

I think you should replace the large axe things the uruk hai have, with spartan spears, Much more accurate.

It's nice seeing alot of lego uruk hai together!

Edited by deskp

Tehe, both who have posted pictures have the rohirrim coming from the wrong side.

I think you should replace the large axe things the uruk hai have, with spartan spears, Much more accurate.

It's nice seeing alot of lego uruk hai together!

Don't worry, I know which direction they are supposed to be coming from :tongue: I was trying to determine how eventually I can have an elevated area to the left, with Gandalf the White on Shadowfax looking down, should they release it in minifig form.

Depends if we are talking about Eomer & Gandalf's lot that came down the hill or the mounted soldiers that came out of the fortress just before that... of course they were on the bridge but there wasn't enough room for me to put them all there.

And if we are talking continuity errors, the wall hasn't been destroyed yet, Haldir is still alive, Aragorn is on foot and Gimli & Legolas are still on the wall. Also Eomer is with the wrong group and there is a Rohan rider with a red cape. (What are we supposed to do with these spare red capes? Green capes I could do with, but no...)

Depends if we are talking about Eomer & Gandalf's lot that came down the hill or the mounted soldiers that came out of the fortress just before that... of course they were on the bridge but there wasn't enough room for me to put them all there.

And if we are talking continuity errors, the wall hasn't been destroyed yet, Haldir is still alive, Aragorn is on foot and Gimli & Legolas are still on the wall. Also Eomer is with the wrong group and there is a Rohan rider with a red cape. (What are we supposed to do with these spare red capes? Green capes I could do with, but no...)

I gave Theoden the red cape as it looked more royal. And Eomer didn't have a cape in the Rohirrim charge at all I don't believe.

When I eventually set it up, I will have different parts of the movies integrated through the diorama. It all won't be one big scene :)

there is a Rohan rider with a red cape. (What are we supposed to do with these spare red capes? Green capes I could do with, but no...)

For a while I had given it to Boromir and Boromir's brown cape went to Aragorn.

I have 1 Helms deep

Mines of Moria

Gandald arrives

2 Uruk hai sets

Which set should i Orc forge to make an army worthy of Pelennor fields or Shelob attacks.

i have a nice army

Edited by Duke of wellington

Which set should i Orc forge to make an army worthy of Pelennor fields or Shelob attacks.

Well there is quite a price difference between those two sets. Orc forge looks like a good and interesting set, and great for army builder's, but with Shelob attack's you get the exclusive, and very important characters, Sam and Gollum. Besides that It is cheaper, and Shelob looks wonderful. I would probably get Shelob Attack's because it comes with two important and exclusive figs, an amazing spider and it is £20 cheaper.

Impressive army.

The Uruk-Hai are great figures to army-build.

So far I got two Uruk-Hai Army sets, Gandalf Arrives and Shelobs Attack. I took a little picture of the last set. Enjoy.

0kankra.jpg

Quick question: Should I get Uruk-Hai army as my first LOTR set or shelob attacks? Price is no factor, as I originally intended to get Uruk-hai army first, which is more expensive than Shelob attack's, but after reading the excellent reviews of shelob attack's I am tied between the two.

Quick question: Should I get Uruk-Hai army as my first LOTR set or shelob attacks? Price is no factor, as I originally intended to get Uruk-hai army first, which is more expensive than Shelob attack's, but after reading the excellent reviews of shelob attack's I am tied between the two.

Shelob Attacks: Three main minifigs, great detailing on all of them, and an amazing, life-like spider. And off course the ring.

Uruk-hai Army: Six minifigs, only one sort of main, three exactly the same, a harpoon, and a wall that's pretty useless without Helms Deep.

I'd pick Shelob Attacks over the Uruk-hai Army. But that's just my opinion. :classic:

Unless you really prefer Uruk-Hai minifigs, get Shelob Attacks. It's a fantastic set. You also get two of the main characters (Frodo and Sam) and an exclusive figure (Gollum) with Shelob Attacks. And Shelob herself is designed really well...more interesting than a wall, which is what you get with Uruk-Hai Army. Save UHA for after you get Shelob Attacks. :classic: Of course, that's just what I recommend. If you want to do differently, by all means go ahead.

It depends on your preferences, I only buy sets for pieces/figs so I have practically no interest in Shelob Attacks as I'm not trying to collect the fellowship.

The Uruk-Hai Army however comes with 6 extremely detailed figs, and useful bley bricks. I own the UHA and I'm happy I bought it, I would even get another one if I found one slightly discounted. This is of course just my opinion, hope it helps :classic:

I've decided to get Shelob attack's, although I will get uruk-hai army later on as I intend to get all LOTR set's at least once. I will miss that new horse though... Though I guess I could get Gandalf arrives as well as shelob attacks, as put together the price would go just over Uruk hai army. Thank you for your opinion's though, you made my choice easier.

I like how you responded to the guy's question about which set to buy, Orc Forge or Shelb Attacks, then you asked yourself which you should get! Of course it was Shelob Attacks vs Uruk-Hai Army set for you, but still Shelob Attacks was in question in both scenarios! :laugh:

Anyways I agree, Shelob Attacks was one of my favorite sets from the first LotR wave. It's amazingly priced for what you get and the spider is really well done. Overall it's just a really fun set and I would suggest getting it before most(all?) other LotR sets.

Edited by Deathleech