Sign in to follow this  
Legostein

MINI Jedi Ambassadorial Shuttle

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hello everybody!

So, herewith I am reporting back from a two months absence. I finished studying and started my first job in a different town including a complete apartment move. That's the story in short for those who wonder who I am or those who didn't read my break announcement. :classic:

I am certainly glad to be back on the forums. I really missed them. By slowly coming back into routined life again, I am happy to present a new model to you today. It's the Jedi Ambassadorial Shuttle from the second season of the animated Clone Wars TV series introduced during the episode "Grievous Intrigue". Let's start with the images first today. :classic:

jedi-shuttle-1.jpg

jedi-shuttle-2.jpg

jedi-shuttle-3.jpg

jedi-shuttle-4.jpg

jedi-shuttle-5.jpg

The shuttle adds another design to the family of tri-winged shuttles, and has the typical colour code of the Old Republic. A detail of all tri-winged shuttles is their unique wing shape with this one being no exception. Unlike the Theta- or Nu- shuttle classes, the Jedi Ambassadorial Shuttle features three identical wings. This required an attempt to build a similar design with plates (side wings) and bricks (top wing). :classic:

It will take some time until I read through all the new topics I missed, so please be patient with me. Again, I am glad to be back among you all! :classic:

See you around!

Yours Christopher.

Edited by KimT

Hey, welcome back 'Legostein' and I must say I really like this micro shuttle indeed ! :grin:

The jedi red really sets it apart, plus clever use of a little technic too !

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Good to see some more mini's.

This one is really nice. Well Done :thumbup:

Quality mini, but isn't the vehicle in the episode just a Clone Wars-ified Theta-class? I realize that the wings are the same, perhaps a prototype?

Yeah you're back! I was starting to wonder what happened to you :classic: . Anyways, very good model as usual! I like the use of the trans clear globe as the cockpit and the entire top fin part. Overall I really like this ship a lot and the tecniques you used to build it.

Nice job, It's great to have you back, and I can't wait to see more! :grin:

Edited by Forresto

While I'm not usually into "minis", this one is intriguing! I really like how you played out the color scheme. Where is that inverted red slope part on the top wing from?

Hello everyone,

and thank you for the nice welcome back! It's great to see all the great people again. :classic:

I'll try to present more new models in near future, but the amount of Expanded Universe (EU) models from computer games, books, etc. will probably increase as official stuff from the movies gets more rare these days. :wink:

Quality mini, but isn't the vehicle in the episode just a Clone Wars-ified Theta-class? I realize that the wings are the same, perhaps a prototype?

Well, let's agree to disagree? :wink: I don't think that the Theta shuttle wings have anything in common with the ones you see in this model. The Theta's wings are sloped backwards while these are sloped in the opposite direction. The Theta has holes in the wings unlike for the Jedi shuttle. And finally the Theta has an additional wing angle at the broad end at the hull, while the Jedi shuttle has an extra corner at the wing tip. I think the designs are completely different. But maybe it's a predecessor anyway, as we can't know what the storywriters really intended. :classic:

250px-Theta.jpg250px-Jedi_ambassadorial_shuttle.jpg

While I'm not usually into "minis", this one is intriguing! I really like how you played out the color scheme. Where is that inverted red slope part on the top wing from?

Yes, you're right, dark red pieces are still somewhat rare. The inverted slope is from an older animal designer set (4884 - Wild Hunters) but appeared in four other sets as well. Even more rare, however, is the dark red 1x3 TECHNIC® beam. :classic:

Thanks again for you comments, which are highly appreciated.

Have a good start into the new week!

~ Christopher

Edited by Legostein

Nice work, I havent seen a new mini from you in a while.

Looks like things haven't changed, you are still producing production quality mini's.

Well, let's agree to disagree? :wink: I don't think that the Theta shuttle wings have anything in common with the ones you see in this model. The Theta's wings are sloped backwards while these are sloped in the opposite direction. The Theta has holes in the wings unlike for the Jedi shuttle. And finally the Theta has an additional wing angle at the broad end at the hull, while the Jedi shuttle has an extra corner at the wing tip. I think the designs are completely different. But maybe it's a predecessor anyway, as we can't know what the storywriters really intended. :classic:

I agree, but the cockpit resemblance is unmistakable. Only the Theta-class has the bulbous cockpit. But yes, who ever knows what a Clone Wars writer is thinking? They all lost their minds trying to make Ahsoka and Jar-Jar Binks seem like heros. :sick:

It's great to see you back Legostein. Once again, great job on the mini-JAS. At first I thought the cockpit was a li'l bit too small, but when I saw the reference pic it's just abouth the right size.