Jump to content


Fabuland Builders Guild - Discussion Thread


244 replies to this topic

#201 Peppermint_M

Peppermint_M

  • A few backspaces will do


    Posts: 7585
    Joined: 21-December 08
    Member: 4757
    Country: Wales.

Posted 08 September 2009 - 09:37 PM

Great use of playmobile!

Cute figures.

I really have to work out how to build in Fabuland scale. (Practice is difficult when I keep making minifig scaled MOCs...)

If there was no such thing as science; you'd be right.


New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials


Tesni Hightribe


#202 Hound Knight

Hound Knight

  • Exblower Artistic Genius!


    Posts: 976
    Joined: 29-March 09
    Member: 5665
    Country: USA

Posted 08 September 2009 - 09:39 PM

View PostPeppermint_M, on Sep 8 2009, 04:37 PM, said:

Great use of playmobile!

Cute figures.

I really have to work out how to build in Fabuland scale. (Practice is difficult when I keep making minifig scaled MOCs...)
Thanks, but Playmobil? There's no Playmobil in those 'figs.  :laugh:
~ Hound Knight,   BrickForge Firebrand

Posted Image

Support the Pirates forum, buy your LEGO here!

#203 Peppermint_M

Peppermint_M

  • A few backspaces will do


    Posts: 7585
    Joined: 21-December 08
    Member: 4757
    Country: Wales.

Posted 08 September 2009 - 10:14 PM

But the sword and shield match my little brother's knight set.... *confused*

If there was no such thing as science; you'd be right.


New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials


Tesni Hightribe


#204 The Who

The Who

  • No more boogers


    Posts: 1418
    Joined: 24-February 08
    Member: 2808
    Country: United States

Posted 08 September 2009 - 11:15 PM

View PostPeppermint_M, on Sep 8 2009, 10:14 PM, said:

But the sword and shield match my little brother's knight set.... *confused*
If you are absolutely sure that's where they came form, then I guess that would make them Playmobil, wouldn't it?

I still have a bunch of Fabuland figs, but I am trying to shuffle around some parts and the legs are hard to get off, so it could be a while before I post another Fabuland related MOC.
"When informed of the waiting period on guns at walmart; it is not infact witty to reply asking where the chainsaws are. Police will be notified."

Like free third person shooters? Online? You should join me on Battlefield Heroes, make sure you use this link.
Battlefield Heroes Link

#205 SlyOwl

SlyOwl

  • Watch out for Infuriated Isaac's metatarsal!


    Posts: 2467
    Joined: 07-October 07
    Member: 2057
    Country: England

Posted 09 September 2009 - 06:31 PM

The mix of minifig and fabuland works really well for Matthias there, Hound Knight. Any chance you'll be doing Cornflower et all? Only trouble is the hare doesn't quite inspire the fear of the Long Patrol! :laugh:

View PostPeppermint_M, on Sep 8 2009, 10:37 PM, said:

I really have to work out how to build in Fabuland scale. (Practice is difficult when I keep making minifig scaled MOCs...)
They're really not that different in scale - most minifig stuff is oversized as it is, so all you need to do is build a longer bed and a taller door :grin:

View Postbooger540, on Sep 9 2009, 12:15 AM, said:

If you are absolutely sure that's where they came form, then I guess that would make them Playmobil, wouldn't it?
Brickarms sword (out of production, I think) and Brickforge round shield :wink:

To the barricades!
Posted Image


#206 Rick

Rick

  • Wants to be important too! (but already is)


    Posts: 7680
    Joined: 11-February 09
    Member: 5261
    Country: The Netherlands

Posted 09 September 2009 - 06:35 PM

View Postbooger540, on Sep 9 2009, 12:15 AM, said:

I still have a bunch of Fabuland figs, but I am trying to shuffle around some parts and the legs are hard to get off, so it could be a while before I post another Fabuland related MOC.
The legs aren't that hard to remove, are they? Just push the red pin out sidewards (with a toothpick or whatever you have handy) and the legs basically fall off... at least that's what I've done to a FabFig (is this term trademarked already?) once.

#207 The Who

The Who

  • No more boogers


    Posts: 1418
    Joined: 24-February 08
    Member: 2808
    Country: United States

Posted 09 September 2009 - 10:42 PM

View PostSlyOwl, on Sep 9 2009, 06:31 PM, said:

(out of production, I think) and Brickforge round shield :wink:
I thought the sword sort of looked like a Brickarms creation. The shield--How? Is that a round decal, or painted...?

View PostRick, on Sep 9 2009, 06:35 PM, said:

The legs aren't that hard to remove, are they? Just push the red pin out sidewards (with a toothpick or whatever you have handy) and the legs basically fall off... at least that's what I've done to a FabFig (is this term trademarked already?) once.
Getting the pin out is the problem. Some of them can be a little stiff, and stuck in place because of something like heat.
"When informed of the waiting period on guns at walmart; it is not infact witty to reply asking where the chainsaws are. Police will be notified."

Like free third person shooters? Online? You should join me on Battlefield Heroes, make sure you use this link.
Battlefield Heroes Link

#208 SlyOwl

SlyOwl

  • Watch out for Infuriated Isaac's metatarsal!


    Posts: 2467
    Joined: 07-October 07
    Member: 2057
    Country: England

Posted 10 September 2009 - 05:22 PM

View Postbooger540, on Sep 9 2009, 11:42 PM, said:

I thought the sword sort of looked like a Brickarms creation. The shield--How? Is that a round decal, or painted...?
I'd guess it's a round decal, with notches cut in the sides to stop it crinkling when applied.

To the barricades!
Posted Image


#209 Hound Knight

Hound Knight

  • Exblower Artistic Genius!


    Posts: 976
    Joined: 29-March 09
    Member: 5665
    Country: USA

Posted 11 September 2009 - 03:38 PM

View PostSlyOwl, on Sep 9 2009, 01:31 PM, said:

The mix of minifig and fabuland works really well for Matthias there, Hound Knight. Any chance you'll be doing Cornflower et all? Only trouble is the hare doesn't quite inspire the fear of the Long Patrol! :laugh:

Brickarms sword (out of production, I think) and Brickforge round shield :wink:
Yes, I plan to try and create some of the other characters as well.  :sweet: And you're quite right about the sword and shield.  :grin:

View PostSlyOwl, on Sep 10 2009, 12:22 PM, said:

I'd guess it's a round decal, with notches cut in the sides to stop it crinkling when applied.
Right again!
~ Hound Knight,   BrickForge Firebrand

Posted Image

Support the Pirates forum, buy your LEGO here!

#210 the enigma that is badger

the enigma that is badger

  • I don't make 'em, I just hype 'em!


    Posts: 502
    Joined: 29-October 07
    Member: 2134
    Country: USA

Posted 15 September 2009 - 10:26 PM

View PostSlyOwl, on Sep 9 2009, 12:31 PM, said:

Brickarms sword (out of production, I think)
Very close: it's a prototype Will cut during the development of what eventually became the BrickArms Damien Blade.  Will produced a few different prototypes based on that concept, but based on the feedback received on them, it was clear folks were most interested in the Damien Blade (smaller blade, more detailed cross guard).
"I watched him die all night. It was a long, slow thing and he fought it all the way. He never whimpered and he never quit. He took all the time he had as though he loved life very much. Every second of it...even the pain. Then, he was dead."

Flickr

#211 durge74

durge74

    Posts: 34
    Joined: 15-January 08
    Member: 2504
    Country: Canada

Posted 25 May 2010 - 04:37 PM

Here is a really amazing site from a really good friend of mine devoted to Fabuland sets and many rare store displays.
visit the awesome website!

Attached Images

  • Fabuland_Banner.jpg


#212 Plastic Nurak

Plastic Nurak

    Posts: 566
    Joined: 18-May 10
    Member: 10742
    Country: Sardinia

Posted 28 May 2010 - 04:28 PM

View Postdurge74, on May 25 2010, 06:37 PM, said:

Here is a really amazing site from a really good friend of mine devoted to Fabuland sets and many rare store displays.
visit the awesome website!

Thanks for the link :wub: :wub: :wub: . In the deep of my heart I keep on being a Fabuland fan as I was as a child.

Edited by Plastic Nurak, 28 May 2010 - 04:28 PM.

THANKS, MADIBA

efferman said:

but anyway we are all lego Users. i dont care which nationality the people have.

Stupid questions hater

*/hating himself when asking something stupid*/

#213 CopMike

CopMike

  • All your baseplate are belong to us


    Posts: 5106
    Joined: 04-January 05
    Member: 148
    Country: Sweden

Posted 28 May 2010 - 08:52 PM

Great stuff :wub:! Index thread updated.

Posted Image

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide


#214 durge74

durge74

    Posts: 34
    Joined: 15-January 08
    Member: 2504
    Country: Canada

Posted 17 October 2010 - 02:25 PM

I was just noticing that the Fabuland Baguette is back and in Tan, if I am correct this is the first time it has been offered in tan since Fabuland sets 3667 and 3708. You can get this baguette in sets 2824 LEGO City Advent Calendar and Winter Village Bakery 10216. In LEGO Games 3840 Pirate Code there is a Fabuland treasure chest in reddish brown, although not the original brown it is also the first time offered in this colour. I have noticed that while playing LEGO Harry Potter they use this chest a lot throughout the game. So we know the moulds still are around. Could one of the ambassadors ask LEGO if they are ever going to bring this theme back? I would be happy with one set, anything would be nice!

#215 Hinckley

Hinckley

  • Long Ranger Constraction


    Posts: 29317
    Joined: 15-September 05
    Member: 486
    Country: Chicago, USA

Posted 17 October 2010 - 03:36 PM

View Postdurge74, on 17 October 2010 - 02:25 PM, said:

I was just noticing that the Fabuland Baguette is back and in Tan, if I am correct this is the first time it has been offered in tan since Fabuland sets 3667 and 3708. You can get this baguette in sets 2824 LEGO City Advent Calendar and Winter Village Bakery 10216. In LEGO Games 3840 Pirate Code there is a Fabuland treasure chest in reddish brown, although not the original brown it is also the first time offered in this colour. I have noticed that while playing LEGO Harry Potter they use this chest a lot throughout the game. So we know the moulds still are around. Could one of the ambassadors ask LEGO if they are ever going to bring this theme back? I would be happy with one set, anything would be nice!
I think it was in Cafe Corner or Market Street. It is nice to see it used again, but it has been back in production for a couple of years. I'd like to see even more come back into production, though. There were some excellent classy molds in this line. :cry_happy: So beautiful...

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide


#216 Rick

Rick

  • Wants to be important too! (but already is)


    Posts: 7680
    Joined: 11-February 09
    Member: 5261
    Country: The Netherlands

Posted 17 October 2010 - 03:43 PM

View PostHinckley, on 17 October 2010 - 03:36 PM, said:

I think it was in Cafe Corner or Market Street. It is nice to see it used again, but it has been back in production for a couple of years.
Nope, Market Street had croissants, no baguettes. It appears to be used in some Belville sets only after Fabuland, until now that is.

#217 durge74

durge74

    Posts: 34
    Joined: 15-January 08
    Member: 2504
    Country: Canada

Posted 20 October 2010 - 01:44 PM

View PostRick, on 17 October 2010 - 03:43 PM, said:

Nope, Market Street had croissants, no baguettes. It appears to be used in some Belville sets only after Fabuland, until now that is.

Cool so we have the baguette in tan again, so happy, now I can have some fresh bread for my MOC's. We also have the return of the Fabuland brooms thanks to the return of Harry Potter, We already have cauldrons from Castle, and some chairs and a jug in the Belville Sunshine home. We need to seriously do something to convince LEGO to bring this theme back. Everytime I write to them requesting the return I always get a generic response of "blah blah blah, themes may come back". We should start a "Bring back Fabuland Campaign" anyone interested?

Edited by durge74, 20 October 2010 - 04:45 PM.


#218 Hinckley

Hinckley

  • Long Ranger Constraction


    Posts: 29317
    Joined: 15-September 05
    Member: 486
    Country: Chicago, USA

Posted 22 October 2010 - 03:55 AM

View PostRick, on 17 October 2010 - 03:43 PM, said:

Nope, Market Street had croissants, no baguettes. It appears to be used in some Belville sets only after Fabuland, until now that is.
Ah my mistake. Thought I had seen it somewhere though. Belville. Cool. Thanks, Rick.

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide


#219 Plastic Nurak

Plastic Nurak

    Posts: 566
    Joined: 18-May 10
    Member: 10742
    Country: Sardinia

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:43 PM

Well, since I would enter in the Guild, I'm working on a (I hope pretty) Fabuland MOC. Being everytime busy, I fear my work will be very slow :sad: . My other MOCs I'm working on (a 1940s style gas station in minifig size and a Technic car with MT body) are stalled again, so I don't know when I may propose you my future creation.

Edited by Plastic Nurak, 28 October 2010 - 01:45 PM.

THANKS, MADIBA

efferman said:

but anyway we are all lego Users. i dont care which nationality the people have.

Stupid questions hater

*/hating himself when asking something stupid*/

#220 Shadows

Shadows

  • Awesome, brilliant, not redundant.


    Posts: 14482
    Joined: 30-April 07
    Member: 1558
    Country: USA

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:28 AM

Index updated with some FABulous new MOCs! :thumbup:

Shadows is looking for stalkers. Yep, you heard me right. CLICKY!



New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials


#221 Hinckley

Hinckley

  • Long Ranger Constraction


    Posts: 29317
    Joined: 15-September 05
    Member: 486
    Country: Chicago, USA

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:48 AM

Odd that the additions have no pictures... :look:

EDIT: Probably because you typed in sirnadroj instead of hinckley :tongue:

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide


#222 Shadows

Shadows

  • Awesome, brilliant, not redundant.


    Posts: 14482
    Joined: 30-April 07
    Member: 1558
    Country: USA

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:49 AM

View PostHinckley, on 02 November 2010 - 11:48 AM, said:

Odd that the additions have no pictures... :look:

EDIT: Probably because you typed in sirnadroj instead of hinckley :tongue:
Sonofa... that's what I get for reusing code. :laugh:

I'm also missing my own set review and my decals are listed as 'imperialshadows'.

Woohoo, I love me some indexing! :laugh:

Shadows is looking for stalkers. Yep, you heard me right. CLICKY!



New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials


#223 SlyOwl

SlyOwl

  • Watch out for Infuriated Isaac's metatarsal!


    Posts: 2467
    Joined: 07-October 07
    Member: 2057
    Country: England

Posted 06 November 2010 - 10:18 PM

View PostShadows, on 02 November 2010 - 11:49 AM, said:

Woohoo, I love me some indexing! :laugh:
...and the links are still messed up at the bottom of the index!
(also, could you add this one? Thanks :classic:)

To the barricades!
Posted Image


#224 Superkalle

Superkalle

    Posts: 5507
    Joined: 21-December 08
    Member: 4755
    Country: Sweden

Posted 07 November 2010 - 09:10 AM

Sorry if this has been asked before, but which is the official TLG Color ID for "Fabuland Brown". In BrickLink it has color ID "106".
Eurobricks Digital Design Forum - for all your LDD and Ldraw cravings

#225 Hinckley

Hinckley

  • Long Ranger Constraction


    Posts: 29317
    Joined: 15-September 05
    Member: 486
    Country: Chicago, USA

Posted 07 November 2010 - 11:35 AM

View PostSuperkalle, on 07 November 2010 - 09:10 AM, said:

Sorry if this has been asked before, but which is the official TLG Color ID for "Fabuland Brown". In BrickLink it has color ID "106".
I have no idea. Since it's long gone from the official color palette, I can't check my sources. Hmmmm...how to find out... :look:

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide




Reply to this topic



  


1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users