Redhead1982

Modular Madness: Park with a statue

indexed.gif B-OM-24B

I'm joining the Modular Madness Contest in Category 2 - Parks and Rec with my MOC titled 'Park with a statue'.

The inspiration for this MOC is the city of Copenhagen, where I often found peaceful and quiet areas in a huge number of city's public parks to enjoying reading a good novel, and sometimes even my study books. This 'Park with a statue' represents a combination of my favorite park features - lots of flowers, and a place to read.

park_-_modular_madness_21.jpg

The inspiration was a narrow and longish small park area with a statue at one side. However, from the original I only kept the basic shape. From the open entrance of the park, one can see a flower bed in the middle, dividing the area in two halves. At the side opposite the entrance, there's a statue of 'Unknown minifig' which is a local attraction and often photos of the statue are taken by tourists passing in the area.

park_-_modular_madness_05.jpg

Another specificity of the park is its vegetation. Five different species of flowers are grown in differently shaped flower beds, creating a nice flowering area between modular buildings surrounding the park.

park_-_modular_madness_06.jpg

The aerial view shows the asymmetry of the park. There is a main flower bed in the middle, and other flower beds are set up asymmetrically on each side to create a more natural and wild look of the park. On each side of the park, there are wooden benches which are a great place to rest and read a book.

park_-_modular_madness_20.jpg

To conclude, here's also a side view of the park. More photos of the park can be found on my Brickshelf, FlickR or MOCPages.

park_-_modular_madness_16.jpg

And remember, if passing by in the neighborhood, this is a place worth to stop by.

Amazing modular! :wink: I love the details such as the studs to give it a paving/cobblestone-feel and the variety of greenery.

Nice build! I considered doing a 16 wide park, and I still might. I ordered a light bley head/hair from PAB just for a statue, but the type I want to do wouldn't work for this contest.

It looks like a peaceful little area between giant buildings.

Good luck in the contest!

Very nice park, I like the way you did the walls of it and the park itself feels very welcoming :thumbup:

Good work :classic:

I love it. Really good little MOC. Reminds me of some of the little parks you get in London too. Would love to see it tucked between two of the big modular buildings, very like the small London parks.

Well, Vincent, there is a lamp just outside the park, and it gives enough light for night-time visitors, that is if you're not afraid of the dark. :wink:

That is a very nice park, but isn't it a bit dark in the evenings?

Wow! Nice park....makes we want to go there and just look around for an hour!

We often forget that many parks inside cities are quite small and provide convenient places to enjoy a quieter moment than on the louder streets.

The one color statue is wonderful! Makes you wonder who it is!

Congrats on a fine build!

Thanks, Legogal. The plan for the statue was it to be a female minifig, but I realized that finding a gray female hair is not as easy I thought it would be. Obviously, all female minifigs in LEGO world dye their hair.

The one color statue is wonderful! Makes you wonder who it is!

Edited by Redhead1982