Posted 04 November 2008 - 02:05 PM
I've had this built for a few weeks now, and I haven't made any progress since the beginning of last month. I like it, but i'm having trouble getting motivated enough to finish it, so it might be completed in time for the contest cut-off or it might be abandoned completely. Knowing me, it'll probably be the latter as i'll need the pieces.
Posted 04 November 2008 - 02:30 PM
But overall a great MOC so far!
Edited by xpatriot720x, 04 November 2008 - 02:30 PM.
Posted 04 November 2008 - 03:31 PM
It's looking really nice and I would hate to see it not entered. The red/dark red roof looks stunning, plus the SNOT is great.
I assume the cannon in the water is not the finished spot for it?
Posted 04 November 2008 - 04:30 PM
Nah, it's something I built separately. I've already started picking things off of it, so this is a photo of it very much as is. There's a ship built too, but I didn't like how it came out- that's probably where my lack of enthusiasm came from!
Like I said, the deadline is still a bit off yet, and I do think it has potential myself, so there's still plenty of chances for it to get finished.
Posted 04 November 2008 - 04:47 PM
Besides from that it sure looks very promiseing. There's a lot of action going on, and thats always nice for a MOC I think.
I really hope you get yourself together and finish this MOC 'caus I really think it could turn out very nice.
Posted 04 November 2008 - 05:38 PM
A good start, RichardAM, I hope you can finish it! Right now there are some improvements to be made though, so I sure hope you will refind your motivation. Especcialy the house/bar looks nice.
1) Add some trees or plants, a little bench perhaps,... to the garden.
2) A little boat with pirates would fit in fine (instead of the cannon).
Non-brick related advise:
1) We NEED MORE PICTURES! Then we can give you some more possible improvements.
Edited by zorro3999, 04 November 2008 - 05:39 PM.
Posted 04 November 2008 - 05:41 PM
and hurry and motivate yourself ! I want to see it finished !
Posted 08 November 2008 - 04:07 AM
the start.. is a promise for something really cool!
Posted 11 November 2008 - 03:35 AM
I like your theme of a little house being invaded by the Imperial guard? The house is nicely made with good detail. I like the roof tiling patterns that you have made combining red and dark red. The steps you have made leading onto the grass is well created. I like the little beach you have created that leads onto the grass. The dock you have made is good.
1) I would put some green tiles on the grass, tan tiles on the sand and blue tiles on the water.
2) You could have floating pieces of a ship in the water.
3) The two guards that are running away with the treasure chest, I would open the treasure chest up to show what their stealing.
4) I would move or take out that cannon sitting in the middle of the water.
5) Add some more blood to your MOC by have a brawl between a pirate and an Imperial guard.
1) Have some more angles of your MOC.
2) Have some sort of story explaining what is going on in your MOC.
Overall- I think this MOC could have some great potential if finished. You have done a great job so far, but until you finish your MOC, I wish you the best of luck!
My PTV Entry- Medium
My small PTV contest entry is coming soon!
My Current Trades
Credit of my wonderful drawn avatar goes to Hound Knight.
I am the Lego King of the World!
Posted 20 November 2008 - 10:33 AM
Posted 21 November 2008 - 01:08 AM
It's nice and smooth, plus it has lots of good action and details.
A few things that could benefit your entry:
1) It could definitely use some more landscaping. Maybe a palm tree or 2 so the leaves have somewhere to come from.
2) Making the water SNOT would probably make it fit in better with the overall smoothness of the rest of the entry.
3) I think it would look really nice to have a few boats in the water for some more action.
4) Building up the rocks up some more would be great I think. I also feel that extending the sand a bit more would be great.
Great work on this so far RichardAM, and I must say that I really hope you finish it!
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users