DarthTwoShedsJackson

Minifig Review: Ahsoka from set 75158

Set 75158 (Rebels Combat Frigate) is available at Toys R Us since yesterday, and here in Germany, I even got roughly 15% off the standard retail price of 119 EUR. So I bought two for roundabout 200 EUR, which is a fair price in my opinion.

But let's get right to the meat of this topic - the long awaited REBELS-version of Ahsoka in minifig form. I'm a fan of REBELS, Ahsoka has long since become my favorite Star Wars character, and I'm a fan of Lego, so what's not to love?

For starters, one of the two Ahsoka minifigs I got has perfect printing - crisp, no smear, only the smost minimal hint of offset, if at all. That makes me happy. The headpiece is made from the slightly flexible, rubbery material, but it has no flash and no visible mould line. That's good.

So, how well does the headpiece look as a representation of the character from the show? Much, much better than I initially suspected. The shape of the montrals (the horns) is near perfect for Ahsoka, bending back and outwards. The wavy blue stripe-pattern is done very well in my eyes, and contributes a lot to the headpiece looking right. The black outline around the red and gold print representing the tiara could be a bit more thin, but it doesn't ruin the headpiece. All in all, yes, a custom headpiece specifically for Ahsoka would be the most preferred solution, but what we get here represents the character very well in Lego-form.

AhsokaTano001.jpg

AhsokaTano002.jpg

I wished the lightsaber handles would be metallic silver. Do these parts exist in chrome or metallic silver? If yes, I should get two! As for the lightsaber blades, these are blue, but the blue is more pastel, or crystaline than the blue lightsaber blades we know from Lego. They are pretty much the same as the lightsaber blades in the Ahsoka/Vader action figure set from Hasbro, but the plastic used is much better. So I give them a pass.

AhsokaTano004.jpg

The graphic designers at Lego did an excellent job at capturing Ahsoka's face and her expressions. I also like the blue eyes (as with Hera's green eyes), because they are pretty vibrant in the show, so the standard black eyes with white highlight would have looked a bit bland. Notice how crisp and white the markings in her face are, even though they are printed on a fairly dark surface. This has been accomplished by two layers of printing, as can bee seen on the angry face of the second minifigure I got where the two layers are a bit offset.

AhsokaTano005.jpg

AhsokaTano006.jpg

In closing, this minifigure-version of Ahsoka is a very good representation of the character in Lego form. It could be better, yes, but that being said, it is a very beautiful minifig, and the complaints I have are nitpicky at best and overall I'm very happy with it. What do you say - feel free to comment, agree or disagree.

:classic:

Edited by DarthTwoShedsJackson

It looks like Ahsoka's lightsaber pieces are trans-medium blue instead of the regular trans-light blue, which is a great choice IMO (even better than trans-clear) :thumbup:

Wait!? Some of the pictures shows Ahsoka comes with Trans-blue light sabers, then suddenly Ahsoka comes with Trans Medium Blue lightsabers!?

Seriously, this is kinda confusing for me. The minifigure is fine for me, but the biggest problem I have with the minifigure is even LEGO just give Ahsoka dark grey arms and dark orange hands; that would make the minifigure looks much more better and accurate.

Thanks for the review! Can't wait to get my hands on this minifigure.

If you could, do you mind taking some more photos of Ahsoka's torso? I would like to see some more of the details on the front and back of the torso.

Many thanks for the Ahsoka minifigure review, DarthTwoShedsJackson! "Rebels" and "The Clone Wars" are two of my favorite shows, and Ahsoka is one of my favorite characters as well. So, I am very pleased to see that the final minifigure looks good!

I am still curious why TLG was able to print Shaak Ti's headgear closer to her forehead, but for this Ahsoka there is a noticeable white space between her tiara and head. It is not a terrible thing, but I am curious. Still, Ahsoka looks much better in your photos than in the initial box image, and I am very happy with the design.

Also, thanks for pointing out the extra effort, the "double printing," that TLG put in to the head design. I do feel bad that your second Ahsoka head was misprinted, but I appreciate that you shared the image so that we could see the extra printing efforts that TLG did for the head.

Great review. This minifigure would have been perfect for me if they'd just gone with dual-molded arms - orange top/grey bottom. Dual-moulding seems to be cropping up everywhere know... Apart from Star Wars!

Would Iovd to see your review of the whole set Darthtwoshedsjackson.

Excellent review. I'm only collecting minifigures from the movies but I'll make an exception for this Ahsoka. Unfortunately the rest of the set doesn't entice me so I'll have to purchase her from one of the evil Bricklink minifigure "scalpers."

Excellent review. I'm only collecting minifigures from the movies but I'll make an exception for this Ahsoka. Unfortunately the rest of the set doesn't entice me so I'll have to purchase her from one of the evil Bricklink minifigure "scalpers."

Do what thou whilt... I'd say it depends on the price for her on Bricklink. If it exceeds 30-40 EUR just for this one fig, I'd rather buy the set and also get Sato plus a great bunch of parts for MOCs, but that's just me. :classic:

Great review. This minifigure would have been perfect for me if they'd just gone with dual-molded arms - orange top/grey bottom. Dual-moulding seems to be cropping up everywhere know... Apart from Star Wars!

Would Iovd to see your review of the whole set Darthtwoshedsjackson.

The dual-molding is done when half of an arm or leg is one colour and the other half another colour. In the case of Ahsoka, only her shoulders are exposed, and the line where the two colours would meet would be right at the spot where the peg connecting the arm to the torso sits. This could be an issue of sturdiness, and I can imagine a dual-molded peg could snap when the arm is put into the torso or removed, because the fit is and should be tight.

As for a set review: Please don't hold your breath on this, because this would take quite some time, time which I'd rather spend on a Lego Star Wars-related project involving custom builds, custom figures, Ahsoka, story writing and lots of photographs... :classic:

Edited by DarthTwoShedsJackson

Thanks for the review and great pics!

The only thing keeping this fig from my shelf tomorrow - will be a (surprisingly large) pile of money! :classic:

From these photos, I'm satisfied the blades are light enough to distinguish hers from Jedi - an important distinction for display, as there are so few Grey Jedi in Lego form.

Reviews of the set *should* be appearing online tomorrow, as it's available for sale Aug 1st. Still - I'm amazed there are no advance reviews of this set on YouTube.