Sign in to follow this  
Savage Oppress

Just got the January 2013 Lego Shop At Home Catalog

no, the only things on the back are arkham asylum, and advertisements for free lego chima set for orders over $75, lego emails, lego vip program, and new lego connect app

James Benjamin

There is a coupon on the back if you live near a Lego Store.

Also Monster Fighters was confirmed to be discontinued this year. Besides the Haunted House that is.

At least a year-and-a-half, that's the typical $120+ set lifespan. I've heard in the UK that period can be a tad shorter.

James Benjamin

There is a coupon on the back if you live near a Lego Store.

Thanks! I'll be on the watch for mine before picking up a big set soon...

The coupon is only on American catalogs shipped to addresses near LBR Stores. Can't remember the radius offhand.

Monster Fighters is actually connected to the upcoming Galaxy Squad, hence it getting discontinued this year

Monster Fighters is actually connected to the upcoming Galaxy Squad, hence it getting discontinued this year

Well, no. The connection between the two themes is superficial and was only created as a way of placing a teaser for Galaxy Squad in the LEGO Club Magazine. No different than the connection between Dino, Pharaoh's Quest, Atlantis, and Alien Conquest the year before. Outside of that comic, the themes have no connection and I strongly doubt there was any connection imagined while the 2013 lineup was being planned and designed.

Edited by Aanchir

This isn't really news. We knew the theme would be ending, and the catalogs have shrunk so there's not as much space for sets from the previous wave. The current Monster Fighters sets will probably remain available well into this winter, so I don't see what the fuss is about.

No, it's not connected.

This isn't really news. We knew the theme would be ending, and the catalogs have shrunk so there's not as much space for sets from the previous wave. The current Monster Fighters sets will probably remain available well into this winter, so I don't see what the fuss is about.

Well, except for the fact that the theme isn't ending and continues into 2013 and will be available well into next winter.

Why are people making so much stuff up here? It's really as simple as looking at the 2013 consumer catalogs, in which all the MF sets are listed except 9465.

The catalogs are mainly just showcasing the new stuff. Things that are carryovers from this Summer aren't always shown, but will have a good stretch of shelf life left. We have long known (or at least suspected) that MF was planned as a one shot theme. Here's hoping that if it sold well it will be a recurring October surprise in some way.

No, it's not connected.

Well, except for the fact that the theme isn't ending and continues into 2013 and will be available well into next winter.

Why are people making so much stuff up here? It's really as simple as looking at the 2013 consumer catalogs, in which all the MF sets are listed except 9465.

My point was that there were no new sets planned. Obviously the current sets will continue to be produced and sold for a little while, since they've only been out for a single wave. But lasting until next winter? Personally I doubt that. Just because they're in the very first 2013 consumer catalog doesn't mean they'll be lasting for all of the rest of this year.