Sign in to follow this  
Bjornu

Kahuka Cliff By Bjornu

[pid][/pid] 204

Hello Everyone!

Bjornu is back again with an Islander MOC! :kahuka:

After some discussing with Sebeus and the others, I made up some ideas for "Kahuka Cliff".

The Cliff itself has some caves that the Kahukans use as shelters.

This time my MOC does include a mighty Kahuka statue!! ( make sure you watch the video, it shows what the statue really is! :pir-laugh:)

I proudly present:

Kahuka Cliff!!!

snc00879.jpg

The SNOT Waterfall I made:

snc00925.jpg

The mighty Kahuka statue!

snc00894.jpg

And ofcourse the Video:

Well, I hope you enjoyed the MOC.

Feel free to poste a comment and bring some ideas for my next MOC!!

Greetz Bjornu :kahuka:

I really like the spirit of the building, the cliffs, the island down there and tons of islanders! pir_laugh2.gif It is also nice to see variants in waterfalls (everyone builds them with the same technique) though I am not sure about yours. I think it needs some white for foam, perhaps you could place trans-clears tiles over the snot-plate. Anyway it is a sweet scene, keep it up!

I really like the spirit of the building, the cliffs, the island down there and tons of islanders! pir_laugh2.gif It is also nice to see variants in waterfalls (everyone builds them with the same technique) though I am not sure about yours. I think it needs some white for foam, perhaps you could place trans-clears tiles over the snot-plate. Anyway it is a sweet scene, keep it up!

I used the darker blue to make it "Move", altough your comment means it didn't work very well I guess. :pir-laugh:

Do you have any posts where I can check the Technique your talking about ?

Sweet! If I was a little kid I'd love to have this as a set. The playability looks fun. :pir-blush:

Very nice, I like kahuka statue in the cliff, it might be better to use light blue or white instead of dark blue on the waterfall, I'm delaying my big kahuka moc once again, I need everything for my last PPP entry :pir-sceptic:

Very nice MOC overall. I can't spot a lot of interesting techniques, but it's just very nice and decent.

Indeed it also seems like a very playable MOC to me.

Things like secret caves and jailhouses in the rocks are always great features.

Anyway, nicely done. It's only a shame that your camera makes the colours look a bit cold, but the MOC itself is great :thumbup:

Very nice MOC overall. I can't spot a lot of interesting techniques, but it's just very nice and decent.

Indeed it also seems like a very playable MOC to me.

Things like secret caves and jailhouses in the rocks are always great features.

Anyway, nicely done. It's only a shame that your camera makes the colours look a bit cold, but the MOC itself is great :thumbup:

Yeah your right about the techniques, the only things that were new for me where:

-The Islander Ladders, instead of a normal TLC ladder I made myself some custom ones :pir-laugh:

-The waterfall was SNOT, something I actually never did before ( at least, not that many times.

About the Camera:

I use my Samsung Omnia phone to make the pictures at the moment.

Thats because I can't afford a new camera, but want to share creations with you guys.

Excuse me for the low quality Pictures, but thats all I can do for now :pir-hmpf:

Greetz Bjornu

An interesting build, I agree that it might be simple technique-wise, but playability was always the main factor for me and it looks very playable to me. Expect it to be blogged soon!

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

That's pretty cool. I think Captain BeerBeard is going to have to attack this island and steal that gold! I was wodering when you take photos, do you make sure to wipe your lens? Does your phone have a daylight mode? Do you have a friend with a better camera? Do you have enough parts to make a complete islander island? Is Bjornu the pirate going to attack the Kahuka?

That's pretty cool. I think Captain BeerBeard is going to have to attack this island and steal that gold! I was wodering when you take photos, do you make sure to wipe your lens? Does your phone have a daylight mode? Do you have a friend with a better camera? Do you have enough parts to make a complete islander island? Is Bjornu the pirate going to attack the Kahuka?

Ofcourse I wipe my lens :pir_laugh2:

Phone does have daylight mode.

My girlfriend has a Nikon Camera, but I never use it because she doesnt live with me yet.

About the parts: I think I have enough legoes to do something like that, Im only not sure when Im going to so such MOC.

( I was thinking about something diffrent atm, something with poisonous frogs that they catch, to put the poison on their arrows and darts:P)

Consider Bjornu still living in his Manson on Bjornu's Pirate Town, he might come along Kahukas islands. :pir_laugh2:

An interesting build, I agree that it might be simple technique-wise, but playability was always the main factor for me and it looks very playable to me. Expect it to be blogged soon!

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Is there also a chance Kahuka Cliff gets Indexed ?

PS: Make sure my name is spelled right! :pir-laugh::pir-wink:

Edited by Bjornu

And could you please reduce the number of empty spaces in your post a bit? :pirate:

..this also counts for Dreamweb by the way..

I guess Big Cam will index this somewhere in the near future since he does most of the Land based MOCs.

However, don't ask for it too soon as most of the MODs don't like that very much.

And could you please reduce the number of empty spaces in your post a bit? :pirate:

..this also counts for Dreamweb by the way..

I guess Big Cam will index this somewhere in the near future since he does most of the Land based MOCs.

However, don't ask for it too soon as most of the MODs don't like that very much.

I'll try it in the future posts.

About Indexing:

Do MOCs get Indexed always, or do you have to ask for it sometimes?

Just being curious about it, thats why I asked for the indexing :pir-blush:

Greetz Bjornu

Edited by Bjornu

I'm a little confused, I don't see any extra space in my post. By the way Bjornu, if your camera makes colours look too cold or is in another way inferior, you might try to use some free image editing software to boost the quality a bit. This is the picture I'm going to use for the blog, I used IrfanView to improve it a bit:

kahukacliff.jpg

All MOCs get indexed, just be patient and don't ask for it yourself right away, Big Cam will do it when he has the time. If a MOC has not been indexed for a long time, then you might ask for it to be indexed, because it might just have been forgotten, but your thread is new so no need to rush things.

I'm a little confused, I don't see any extra space in my post.

Hmm... it's strange indeed. I can see a large blank space below your blogged image, but it doesn't seem possible to delete it. Well, never mind in that case.

Hmm... it's strange indeed. I can see a large blank space below your blogged image, but it doesn't seem possible to delete it. Well, never mind in that case.

It isn't that strange Admiral Croissant, I think the arrows are self-explanatory.

The post itself is only as long as the green arrow, but Dreamwebs avatar, title, information and extra flags take up the space of the red arrow.

Therefor, if Dreamweb makes a post that is less long than the red arrow, there will always be a bunch of whitespace at the end of his posts.

Also, on-topic: this is a pretty MOC, I like the fact that it isn't a studless build actually. Not to say that studless builds are not cool, it just has a more LEGO feel to it when I can actually see the studs pirate_satisfied.gif

post-13906-132852522437.png

Edited by Strikeman

Ahh now I get it. I guess it looked a bit different because he has no banners and stuff.

Anyway, you can keelhaul me now :facepalm:

And I'll put this in the index, otherwise I don't have anything to stay on topic with.

I like this. The waterfall I quite enjoy. I do not own any islanders, but looking at this I want some.

Bricklink is a great way to get yourself some Islanders, I think they can suit in interesting MOC's.

Thats why Im doing Islander MOCs at the moment.

To Dreamweb:

Thanks For the blog!

I didn't expect it to be blogged because I built it almost completely studded.

I respect you chose my MOC to be blogged even when it's not Flat Tiled

I've never heard of a rule that a MOC has to be tiled to be good. I've seen many amazing tiled MOCs, and many great MOCs with studs visible. Like anything else, it really depends on the MOC you're making and your desired effect.

A wounderful island. It looks like a place they have lived in for over hundret years. Well done.