Sign in to follow this  
JohnBS

Hello from Somerset

Hello,

New member John here.

I have been a Lego fan for more years than I care to remember and was always delighted to find new models to build with my children. Now, the years have passed and they have children of their own. I haven't built a Lego model since about 1990 (8862 Backhoe Grader, then pretty well the state of the art in Technic, with pneumatics!). That was until last autumn.

I had been in hospital for a couple of months earlier in the year and, while convalescing, I came across MOC Lego models on YouTube. I couldn't resist the Volvo L350F Wheel Loader (42030) and found it great fun to build.

Since then, I have bought the 42009 Mobile Crane as a Christmas present to me, and got into the minefield of searching on-line for the additional parts for Jurgens' Ultimate version. This was a terrific and quite challenging build - very much a case of "if all else fails, read the *** instructions".

My latest venture is a fairly heavily modded version of the 8043 Excavator. The original was bought on-line, another new departure for me. The main mods were to the crawler mechanism (based on the design by Andrzej N) with two XL motors, one IR receiver and a battery box in the chassis; a boom and arm design, inspired by Jurgens' Zorex, with two M motors in the first section and short UJ drives to the second section and bucket; and a much simplified body with just two M motors, for slewing and for operating the main arm LAs. Result - no drives or wires through the turntable and tons of spare gears and axles. It all seems to work very well, I will post photos if anyone is interested and if I can work out how to do it.

I have also started on a Skeleton Clock, an MOC by KEvronista - something completely different, without a motor in sight!

My next project is to have a go at the 8275 Bulldozer which arrived a week ago.

Best wishes,

John

Welcome to Eurobricks JohnBS.

Nice to have the beautiful county of Somerset represented.

The 8275 Bulldozer is a very impressive model when built. Enjoy the build.