Calanon

The Blame Thread

I started building the (absolutely fantastic) re-design of the yellow castle, however I seem to be missing 34 1x6 yellow bricks...

I don't know who packed them, but I blame you! :tongue:

Does anyone else have pieces missing?

EDIT: Also missing 9 1x4 yellow bricks.

Edited by Calanon

Hooray - let's start the witch hunt! :D

I didn't have a chance yet to inspect the beautiful content of my garbage bag so nothing on my side ;)

I blame Canada for these missing parts, which have made my "finished" castle full of holes so it looks like it's been under siege for quite a while:

10x Brick 1x4, yellow (who managed to get away with all these?)

2x Brick 1x12, yellow

2x Brick 2x2 Corner, yellow

2x Hinge Plate 1x4 Swivel Top/Base Complete Assembly, green

2x Plate 2x2, green

3x Plate 2x2 Corner, yellow

1x Plate 6x6, light bluish gray.

I think I'll most likely find most of these in my parts collection once I get home, so I'm not too concerned. And credit goes to CopMike for a great update on the classic Yellow Castle!

However, I must also thank (who? Canada?) for the following extra parts:

1x Animal Horse with Black Eyes, White Pupils, Brown Bridle Pattern, white

1x Brick 1x1 with Stud on 1 Side, yellow

1x Brick 1x1 with Headlight, red

1x Brick 1x3, yellow

16x Brick 1x6, yellow (so this is where half of Calanon's missing bricks ended up...)

1x Plate 2x6, light bluish gray

1x Slope 30 1x2x2/3, yellow

13x Slope 33 3x1 Inverted, yellow (no doubt missing from somebody else's set)

1x Slope 45 2x1 Inverted, black

1x Slope 45 2x2 Inverted, yellow

1x Slope 75 2x1x3, yellow

12x Tile 1x1 with Groove, yellow

1x Tile 1x2 with Groove, yellow...

I blame Canada for these missing parts

I think I'll most likely find most of these in my parts collection once I get home, so I'm not too concerned. And credit goes to CopMike for a great update on the classic Yellow Castle!

:snip:

However, I must also thank (who? Canada?) for the following extra parts:

:snip:

Nearly the same is true for me, with a few exceptions... But it's looking pretty nice with parts from my collection.

yellow_castle.jpg

1x Slope 45 2x1 Inverted, black

You're welcome :tongue:

Maybe I should get to building mine to check the state of it's parts :look:.

Ah, two 1x12 bricks, ten 1x4 bricks, a light bley 6x6 plate, Three "corner" plates and two corner bricks. The trips to my collection were many and varied! It is a big ol' building I need to figure out where to put now...

We human sorters are not 100% are we :laugh:

It seems that all over the world, EB has started to build castles! World Domination! :grin:

14167518691_7f0016bc21_c.jpg

13984187387_813e422f9a_c.jpg

When completed(with "some" of my own parts :tongue:) it's a true beauty :wub: I've never had a set with so many spare parts though :laugh:

Thanks again for the effort you've put into this CopMike!

I blame the Germans (well, most of them :wink: ) for the bloody roadworks on the Autobahn near Hamburg. :angry:

I have no idea yet how complete my yellow castle is. :look:

I still have to figure out too how complete my castle is. Had my first working day today again so feeling really exhausted and just wanna do some "couching" :laugh:

Good that there was no huge PAB wall as in Günzburg so not that much sorting for me at all. Just putting the sets to build them when finding the time :wink:

I seem to be missing 34 1x6 yellow bricks...

16x Brick 1x6, yellow (so this is where half of Calanon's missing bricks ended up...)

I think the sorters of the 1x6 may have been slightly drunk :laugh:

I seem to be missing 36 of them, but then ace's kit had 16 too many :tongue:

Still building it, so no idea if anything else is missing.

Had my first working day today again so feeling really exhausted and just wanna do some "couching" :laugh:

Build on the couch, that's what I'm doing :wink:

Build on the couch, that's what I'm doing :wink:

Maybe - yes. Going to bed very early though today :wacko:

I think the sorters of the 1x6 may have been slightly drunk :laugh:

I seem to be missing 36 of them, but then ace's kit had 16 too many :tongue:

Well, I can't blame the alcohol since I didn't have any. :blush: (but I think the 1x6 brick sorters the day before hadn't put equal amounts of brick in every set (eg. 50 in some and none in others) before we on day 2 put 16 in every)

I only know one thing that is missing on my castle so far, but on the other hand I know exactly where it is. Quarryman, you have my instructions in your laptop case. :wink:

Well, I can't blame the alcohol since I didn't have any. :blush: (but I think the 1x6 brick sorters the day before hadn't put equal amounts of brick in every set (eg. 50 in some and none in others) before we on day 2 put 16 in every)

Well that explains a lot :tongue:

I only know one thing that is missing on my castle so far, but on the other hand I know exactly where it is. Quarryman, you have my instructions in your laptop case. :wink:

He remembered that about 40 minutes after we had left, and said something like "crap" :laugh:

Yes, I discovered that in the car actually, I'll get them in the mail to you once I get back from France. :blush: Is the address I have still valid? (from April last year)

He remembered that about 40 minutes after we had left, and said something like "crap" :laugh:

Is that not always the case with Quarry?

:grin:

Yes, I discovered that in the car actually, I'll get them in the mail to you once I get back from France. :blush: Is the address I have still valid? (from April last year)

Thanks! Yes, that same address is correct. :sweet:

Well, I am still building. No missing bricks so-far, but I found an error in the instruction.

In one of the steps it says one 1x2 yellow tile, while it should be two.

When we get tired of blaming Canada ( at least no one was there from there, I think!), we can always blame the devil. That is handy for generic problems like too many or too few frigging bricks or our favorite, not being able to follow printed instructions with or without words.

The built ones above look fantastic, and being the product of a group effort, I am quite surprised that any of the needed parts were in those flimsy garbage bags. But alas mine will somehow get built tonight, and yes, I have tons of unused new yellow parts because it is a color I rarely use.

My worst fear coming home was that my monster roll on bag full of LEGO would explode on the conveyor belt and spew yellow bricks all over the airport... requiring the anti-terror squad to shut the place down until they determined the source of the explosion. This could have taken days with all of those bricks blown into every crevice and corner of the baggage area. I could have been arrested and held for attempting you know what at the airport. OMG!

So far I spotted the following errors in the building instructions:

Step 1: The green 4x4 plate in the front should be one stud to the back to allow the connection of the middle section of the castle.

Step 11: There are two yellow 1x2 tiles needed in stead of one.

Step 46: Same as step 1.

Step 56: Same as step 11.

Step 1: The green 4x4 plate in the front should be one stud to the back to allow the connection of the middle section of the castle.

Well, if you have a green 4x4 plate in your building instructions it's not the same instructions that I got...

Well, if you have a green 4x4 plate in your building instructions it's not the same instructions that I got...

That's what you get when you to try to build and post while you're cooking… :blush:

Finished mine now, it looks awesome :sweet:

But unfortunetaly, there were some more missing parts here and there for me too, luckily I could just scavenge everything from ace's kit :laugh::look:

What I liked the most about the instructions was that they were kind of challenging to follow, with a lot happening in each step, just like in the old days :cry_happy:

And a few hilarious steps with bricks floating in mid-air, or bricks that had to suddenly appear in between other bricks :laugh: