CopMike

Eurobricks Event 2014 - Architecture competition

For all of you that will be in Billund for the event here´s a competition for ya :grin: !

The object for this competiton is to build an Architecture style Moc!

Rules:

• The model should be a building/famous landmark from your country.
  • Architecture style is the way to do it!
  • It must be a new Moc by you - recycling doesn´t work here!
  • The finished model can´t be revealed/shown/posted until the evening of the judging (TEOTJ) at the event.
  • The information/real life pictures of the building/famous landmark that your model will be based on, must be posted in this thread.
  • You can build and tweak your model up until the TEOTJ starts.
  • If you don´t enjoy yourself while taking on this assignment you´ll be disqualified big time.

Capice :devil: ?

Prizes:

• Yes!
  • Lego Architecture prizes!
  • Hard to get - exclusive - cooler than 0 K stuff!

So get that brain of yours running, connect the fine motor skills and start building :thumbup: !

The chosen models by 21th of april:

Holodoc - Ulm Minster

Scubacarrot - Amsterdam Centraal Station

Skalldyr - Berliner Fernsehturm

Peppermint_M - Newport Transporter Bridge

Vincent Kessels - Evoluon

L@go - Bryggen

Aredhel - Cologne Cathedral

Rolli - Desden Frauenkirche

Cecilie - Holmenkollen

Dfenz - Aviva Stadium

Christian - Gemini Residence

Morten - Storebaeltsbroen

Chocolatecake - Hans Christian Andersen museum

Quarryman - Vikingskipet

Rufus & Pandora - Royal Albert Hall

Bfenz - Christ Church Cathedral, Dublin

Etzel - Biologiska Museet

Redhead1982 - Vodovodni stolp, Kranju

Andrea - Frauenkirche, Munich

Legogal - Usonian House

Duq - Rietveld Schröder House

Not competing:

CopMike - Trosa Lands Kyrka (where I got married in december)

Does it have to be a famous building,

Yes:

Zaandam-hotel.jpg

or can it be a just a non-famous architectural building?

No:

1762472b145b6d9978d6545fde6950f08d200806_645_430.jpg

Something cool, well designed etc. How well did you know the MBS or Savoye? But they look out of the ordinary. Clearer now?

Since I already build something fitting in this category and living in a region that hasn't that much famous landmarks it will be very tough.

But I have something in mind already! :wink:

Nice competition btw!

Hoooray! Awesome competition!

(Now I just need to find some time to actually build something :blush: )

Oh, cool! Now what landmark to build .... *puts on thinking cap*

Now I just gotta choose....

How famous does it have to be and how local does it have to be?

Like globally recognised by all or well known around the world by those people who consider such things (UNESCO World Heritage Sites, very rare structures, UK listed buildings, CADW and National Trust operated locations...)

I am going to only consider such things in my "life" environs, places I work and visit often, because I life in a small suburban village without anything that impressive.

Yes, I am being a pain :devil:

Hmm, that's no easy choice... But I guess we will all find something ;)

Darn, I guess a model of a trash dumpster is out. It is our most common model of local architectural style, and some lucky people even get to live in them. And being rectangular would have been an easy build. Oh crap!

That leaves out trash cans placed on the street and our infamous local dumps as well. Where is FLW when I need him?

Am I the only one who thinks that her local architecture stinks big time?

Am I the only one who thinks that her local architecture stinks big time?

Aren't you from the US? It says "from your country". Last time I checked, there were lots of interesting and famous buildings in the US. Did the apocalypse happen over there already? :look:

I am going to only consider such things in my "life" environs, places I work and visit often, because I life in a small suburban village without anything that impressive.

Then look beyond your small village :wink:

Of course I have enough possibilities just need to check what of all those nice things and in what size I wanna build it ;)

Then look beyond your small village :wink:

Yah, was thinking of all the spiffy castles, old monuments and victorian industrial sites to build from. I live next door to a UNESCO heritage site and work in the shadow of an impressive castle, have assisted in the preservation of a bridge that it one of only two surviving examples of its kind and ridden on the oldest operating transporter bridge in the world...

I just have to choose!

This is a great idea for a competition. I've been thinking of doing some architecture MOCs lately for local displays. The only problem is there's too many interesting buildings/bridges/monuments to choose. And they all seem to be very complicated to build in small scale. But I've tried some already, and will post a pic of the model (real one - when I decide what'll be) before the deadline.

Is it really bad that now I have decided what I want to do that I am creating a fact booklet like what comes in the actual sets? Y/N?

Is it really bad that now I have decided what I want to do that I am creating a fact booklet like what comes in the actual sets? Y/N?

Bonus points for the booklet? :wink:

Aren't you from the US? It says "from your country". Last time I checked, there were lots of interesting and famous buildings in the US. Did the apocalypse happen over there already? :look:

:wink:

Yup, Sometimes it feels and looks like the apocalypse already happened here in the US. They build with very short nails here, and everything does seem to fall down way too quickly.

Many of FLW's famous buildings practically collapse within a few years of completion....just read about Fallingwater, Johnson & Johnson, and many more he built.

(Hey, that is an idea now....how about a Fallingwater actually falling in the water? That really would be cool. Fortunately they have already spent a gazillion dollars making sure it does not collapse in the water.)

Anyway I have wanted to build a Usonian house model for years, but still have not located decent plans. Photos but no plans. Hummmmmm! Time to look beyond our little village.

BTW, This competition does sound wonderful!

I've made my decision. My entry will be based on this:

Amsterdam Centraal (train) Station.

:thumbup: - really looking forward to see it in Billund!

I'll be doing this:

ulmmuenster.jpg

Ulm Minster(worlds tallest church).

And due to a silent Saturday (while on duty) I'm 80% done. :sweet:

Concept worked, building will be commencing! I have to seek parts and work on it a bit more.

Though we have to bring it? Mine might crash, but i can give it a go...