wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

That still doesn't satisfy my speculation on how they'll do Bombur!

He's way too fat (in the book and the movie!) to be depicted as a standard dwarf ala Gimli.

TLG probably won't mold anything special. Don't hold your breath. :sadnew:

He's way too fat (in the book and the movie!) to be depicted as a standard dwarf ala Gimli.

If the braid is molded with the hair it will look fine, I'd say there's no way they'll make a "fat" torso for him.

I think they'll wear the same costumes in the second movie battle scene, the audience needs to tell 13(plus an army) dwafs apart so changing their costumes would be abit confusing.

Either way, heres an image with hoods on. Except for Ori I don't think any of the dwarves will come in a hood.

21j3o0z.png

Fili, Kili, Dori, Nori

Edited by deskp

Why not use the new torso belly from the Jabba's Palace Gamorrean Guard?

Why not use the new torso belly from the Jabba's Palace Gamorrean Guard?

Because it looks like Gamorrean Guard! They could make a belly as part of his hair/beard piece tho.

Female characters usually have the pinched hips printed on their torsos. Bombur could always have a similar effect done to make him look more rounded.

(the Moria troll was NOT bright blue in the movie, was he?)

Neither was his LEGO appearance - that's called sand blue and it was done for specific reasons.

I assure you, the figure would've looked less good in dark grey.

Either way, I doubt they'll come with hoods. It would be nice if they did, or at least some of them,

but along with the beards of most dwarves, how are they going to fit on the figure?

As for Bombur... just a print would work to ´showcase´ his large belly.

Other than all this, a thought went through my head just a moment ago...

Do you guys think The Hobbit will have a LEGO site/homepage separate from the LOTR one,

or would it be more likely for them to be merged together?

Edited by General Magma

Do you guys think The Hobbit will have a LEGO site/homepage separate from the LOTR one,

I think they'll have separate sites unless TLG merges them as a J. R. R. Tolkien theme :laugh:

I think they'll have separate sites unless TLG merges them as a J. R. R. Tolkien theme :laugh:

Or, more likely, "Middle-Earth".

But I guess a separate site will have to do.

I think it will have a different theme, like Marvel/DC Super Heroes. :wink:

Wow lots of new molds there! I wonder if they really went through and made new molds to make every one of the 13 dwarves unique? I am impressed by TLG on these ones!

Oh my god! :wub:

Holy Hobbits, those dwarves are absolutely stunning! It looks like Bombur's beard, hair, and stomach is all one piece! :cry_happy: Also, Bofur's hat! And Balin's beard! Words cannot explain how excited I am for Decemeber 1st!

On another note, these figures all look like they'll be part of one set, and Bilbo's in his casual clothing. I bet these are all from a Bag End set. :sweet:

If that is true, then that will be one tough set to resist :wub:

I'm just assuming because I doubt they would pick different figs from different sets to display them this way. And in my mind, they've picked some of the most iconic (appearance-wise) dwarves to put in it. :sweet:

Wow lots of new molds there! I wonder if they really went through and made new molds to make every one of the 13 dwarves unique? I am impressed by TLG on these ones!

Count on it. Really, do. These Middle-Earth sets sell like hotcakes so it wouldn't surprise me.

As for my comments on the figures... perfect, just perfect - they all look fantastic, can't wait to see the rest...!

It is the same excitement I had when the first pictures of the LOTR sets were revealed. :cry_happy:

And, yes, I agree that these must be part of the same set. If they wanted to show off new figures, they wouldn't have shown Gandalf along with them.

Bag End it is, set for a medium-sized set.

I am very impressed! If the rest of the line is like this this is going to be great!

It would make sense for them to all be part of one Bag End set. I love the dark red cape Balin has. It looks awesome! Also, from what was hinted at in the source of this pic, it sounds as if LEGO will unveil more figs and possibly some sets at Comic Con. We just might get to see all the dwarves, and maybe some of the goblins, or a different Gollum!

Also, did anybody notice the differently shaped cape which is worn by Dwalin?

I assume this had to do with the way the beard goes onto the minifigure. I hope it means that we can expect to see

a Gimli figure with a similar cape but in dark grey in future LOTR sets too.

Also, did anybody notice the differently shaped cape which is worn by Dwalin?

I assume this had to do with the way the beard goes onto the minifigure. I hope it means that we can expect to see

a Gimli figure with a similar cape but in dark grey in future LOTR sets too.

I don't think he has a differently shaped cape. I just think it has been pushed down by the bread piece, giving it a strange shape.

Also, I gave Gimli the dark blue short cape from the CW Barriss Offee fig, and it looks really good.

79003%20Minifigures%2072dpi[2].jpg

The image filename suggests that these 6 are included in set 79003 (which is already known to be an upcoming Hobbit set).

The image filename suggests that these 6 are included in set 79003 (which is already known to be an upcoming Hobbit set).

Is it, or is that just a placeholder? I thought only promo sets had 5 numbers?

Please can someone say who the figs are left to right.Thanks.I love bilbo and Gandalf and (is it the one with big belly - guessing so ) Bofur

:D

Gandalf, Dwalin, Bombur, Bofur, Bilbo, Balin.