Sign in to follow this  
Sigolf Brimabane

Sweden says 'Hallå'!

Hallå allihop! (Hello everyone (allihop = all-in-heap))

I'm from Sweden, and my real name is Per. My account name is taken from a fictional character of my own, 'Sigolf Brimabane' (Sigolf = Victory-Wolf, Brimabane = Bane of Brími (a fictional dragon made up by me)) (his Old Norse name is Sigólfr). Sigolf is the hero of a long poem/lay that I'm writing.

My favourite LEGO sets are Lord of the Rings and about every medieval set that's been released. Especially I like Dragon Masters (I believe it was called... With Basil the Batlord).

My avatar (profile picture) is one of my Dungeons & Dragons characters. He's called Arminius.

I hope we'll all get along fine here :)

post-33821-0-31114900-1354751201_thumb.jpg

Morning there Sigolf. Good to have you here :sweet:

It's nice to see someone else is trying to write something on his own :thumbup: I've been writing couple of novels and screenplays myself, just never can't focus enough ( or find time ) to finish most of them :wink:

So what's your story will be about? Guess something based on nordic myths?

Anyway... Welcome to Eurobricks :thumbup:

Hej! Welcome on Eurobricks! I love Sweden and like to make my holidays there.

You already have an hero? Then have a look in our Role playing Game Heroica! It is a lot of fun, playing with our heroes!

Thanks for the warm welcome :)

Mazin: My lay is called Kvädet om Sigolf (the lay of Sigolf) and it is about the coming of Sigolf to the world, by gods of Asgård conceived. He's sent to earth to be fostered by king Sigmund of Viken (nowadays called Bohuslän, on the west coast of Sweden) who himself has no child. He waxes and becomes a bold and brave young man, with strength unmatched. Then comes a herald from the Northland with bad news. The fair princess Sighrist is taken by Brime the dragon and no man has been able to save her. Then of course Sigolf is the right man for the mission. So he kills the dragon and saves the princess and gets to marry her. Rather standard but it involves a dwarfin smith and a magic ring and Sigolf's killing of the dwarf and the dwarf's cursing of Sigolf... and it involves some of the dealings of the gods and so... and the story goes on with a Danish invasion of Viken and Sigolf duels with the Danish king and then a battle and Sigolf saves his land but dies from the wounds... and yeah...

Here are some parts of the end of the story translated into English, still following the metre of the original Swedish version:

'When soaked in blood his body was borne by housekarls stout

within the mighty walls his wife burst into tears;

cried and crawled the queen and crept upon her knees

----------------------------------------------

His body bathed and bound in cloth

by maidens, missing their mighty thane

----------------------------------------------

Was built for the bold one a bale to burn,

the haleth who died the haleth's death.

Brought forth were, bright, the bronzen lures.

The horns let hear the high-born swains;

the doors of the dead, death-home opened.

With kindled twigs trodded tall-waxed warriors,

the brand set ablaze: the bale now burned.

To shimmering shield-thacked shining hall sent

was winner sword-wielding, whetstone-grinder,

the shielder of shores by shieldmaidens chosen.'

Hej! Welcome on Eurobricks! I love Sweden and like to make my holidays there.

You already have an hero? Then have a look in our Role playing Game Heroica! It is a lot of fun, playing with our heroes!

Danke schön, PsyKater! :D Bist du schon mal in Schweden gewesen? Ich würde gerne nach Deutschland fahren, eine Freundin von mir hat mir gesagt, daß Berlin eine sehr tolle Stadt ist. Vielleicht fahre ich eines Tages dorthin. :)

Edited by Sigolf Brimabane