Masked Builder

[MOC] The loss of the Creator

gallery_101_23_281.gif

img_3490.jpg

Mission Log:

When we got Cularin our ship, the Creator, tried to navigate the floating rock fields. That was a mistake. The starboard side engines hit a large rock and burst into flame. My squad and I managed to hop out into one of the passing rocks. We lost a bunch of good men today........

img_3491.jpg

img_3492.jpg

img_3494.jpg

img_3495.jpg

img_3496.jpg

img_3498.jpg

Most of the work for this MOC was spent working on the floating rock. Which came out quite well if you ask me. I was going to use Legos mini Venator but I decided it was too small so I used my midi-scale one. Yet another opportunity to build a raging fire!

Built March 2011

Flickr

Brickshelf (when moderated)

Nice job on the individual pieces of the build, Masked. The only nitpick I have is that the forced-perspective still doesn't do it for me. I think the rock needs to be up higher and/or the Venator needs to be blurry if the rock is in-focus.

Nicely done MB, I like the idea of this forced-perspective shot. But as Doc said, the Venator needs to be much farther for a more realistic effect. Still, this is a really good build, you just need some slight repositioning of the elements to achieve the desired effect you're aiming for.

The green baseplate hurts my eyes, maybe some micro scale stuf down there to help with the perspective? Like a base of sorts? Anyways the rock is nicely done. :thumbup:

I love the rock formation as well as the mid size ship. Just wondering why you didn't use a grey or black plate, why green?

I'm stunned at your creativity when it comes to creating those 3D illusions :thumbup:

The illusion of depth in this MOC is perfect.

blogged

Wow. Thanks a lot guys!

Just wondering why you didn't use a grey or black plate, why green?

Because Cularin is a jungle planet. :wink:

Nicely done Masked Builder! I agree with what has been said about making the rock further away. But apart from that this is really cool. The rock is well made, I like the way you built it.

The venator is awesome and even better with the fire!!! :devil: .

Great Masked Builder I do so love the different ideas for forced perspective you come up with, and the Venator is excellent. And the hallelujah mountains are a very nice touch.