Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Red Moon: Chapter Six

chapter_06_01.jpg

Diana ran screaming hysterically through the temple. Distraught and disoriented from the loss of her son she ran off into the Ceremony Chamber, not sure what she was doing.

chapter_06_02.jpg

The others soon followed her in.

"Should I just tranq her megablocks too?" Sandy asked.

chapter_06_03.jpg

Soon everyone except Penny and William were in the Ceremony Chamber.

chapter_06_04.jpg

"This wheel clearly turns. I'm sure it opens some secret compartment with a stupid note in it..."

chapter_06_05.jpg

As a result of Zack's turn of the wheel a huge iron gate slams down in front of the door to the chamber!

chapter_06_06.jpg

"Oh settle down everyone. I'll just turn it back. That should open it back up."

chapter_06_07.jpg

However, turning it back causes huge spears to shoot out of the ground...

chapter_06_08.jpg

Penny and William frantically run up to the locked gate.

"Something amazing has happened!" Penny exclaims, "I've had a vision of my grandmother and I have answers!"

"Shouldn't they still be out?" Someone asked rather logically.

But before she can tell anyone what she has learned, she lets out a horrified scream.

chapter_06_09.jpg

Everyone turned to look at what Penny had screamed at, only to see Zack impaled upon one of the spears he had inadvertently summoned by turning the wheel.

chapter_06_10.jpg

As the spears retracted and Zack's lifeless body crumpled to the floor

(best of luck in 10th grade, bitch :tongue: )

the wheel slowly started to turn clockwise and a faint ticking could be heard from beneath the floor....

Objectives

• Find the statues.
  • Solve Jack Baxter and Johnson Willoughby's murders.
  • Solve the disappearance of Stanton & Quentin.
  • Start keeping track of the evidence. Discuss what you have learned and seen.

To solve any of these mysteries, PM the host. Solving it correctly will change the game play depending on your character and which mystery you have solved. Mysteries can also be solved in the thread by the group. You are allowed three incorrect guesses before you are comically killed off of the game, so think before solving.

Rules for Game play (borrowed mostly from Dragonator's Mystery Manor)

1. There are to be 21 participants. If you commit to the game you are committing to contributing to the story and sticking with it to the end. I am trusting you all not to drop out halfway through, as that is never any fun.
  2. The winner will be announced at the end of the game. Players will be scored along the way on certain criteria and completion of objectives. This will not be clear until the end. Ask questions for clarity along the way, but don't be surprised if the answers are cryptic. Of course, to win, you must survive…
  3. Attempts to solve the mystery or objectives can be postulated in the game itself. The truth will be revealed at the end. If someone solves the mystery before then, the mystery will play out and that player will be given points for solving it.
  4. Throwing out constant solutions will only get you killed. If an objective is to find out who stole something and you end up posting a guess of every other player, your latest post will be taken as your solution and you will be killed anyway, so just don't do it.
  5. You must search for clues. This means that an action must be specified. For example, you wish to search a room for hidden objects. The following is an example of how not to go about this:
    "I wish to look for suspicious or hidden objects in this room".
    Instead, you must be able to specify what you want to do. For example:
    "I would like to open the drawers of the cabinet."
    It is not required for you to specify exactly what you are doing and what you are looking for, but a generalised statement will not find you anything. Act like a detective and you will be fine.
  6. Dynamic Actions: Actions you wish to carry out without all of the other players' knowledge can be PMed to the game host, Hinckley. You may or may not be allowed to do what you request.
  7. Attacking: I have setup a system for attacking and defending that is needlessly complicated and I won't try to involve you all in the specifics. At a certain point, you may want to attack another player. PM me your attack and I will answer if it is plausible or not. Some characters just would not attack another player, based on their character description. Some characters are stronger than other when it comes to defense and counter-attack. So think before you attack.
  8. Life points: I am using TheBrickster's life points system, however I will not bother you all with the details. Just be careful and do your best to live. :devil:
  9. Host response time: Please be patient. You may bring the story to a point where you need the host to further game play. I will be on top of this game as much as possible. Please be patient with me between chapters as well.
  10. The game host is always right. :wink: Please don't question the rules or the info you are given. Take the info I give you and work with it. If you're terribly confused, please say so or ask questions. But, if I don't give you any further info, please be patient with the info you are given and try to work with what you have.
  11. Stagnant game: If you find yourself trapped in a room, it is because you need to find a clue or you've missed something. Don’t argue with the game host. You’ll be there until everything that needs to be discovered has been discovered.
  12. This game is meant to be fun, so enjoy yourselves!
  13. Please try to avoid editing your posts, as it can lead to suspicion against you. Just consider what you want to say before you say it or even proofread and you'll be fine.
  14. Failure to follow these rules will result in a warning. A second failure will result in the humorous death of your character.

Cast of characters:

Pleas note: more character info will come to some players from the host before each chapter starts.

sylvia.jpg

Sylvia Berent played by Svelte

chris.jpg

Chris Owen played by The Crazy One

siegourney.jpg

Siegourney played by Siegfried

rich.jpg

Richard Sexton played by Ricecracker

falcons.jpg

Donna and William Falcon played by Dannylonglegs and WhiteFang, along with DJ and Diesel Nolan played by Millacol88 and Dragonator

penny.jpg

Penny Maltese played by Peppermint_M

sandy2.jpg

Sandy Sanders and Sheldon Wills played by Zapper Brick and Shadows

samantha.jpg

Samantha Cole played by I Scream Clone

pecks.jpg

Tony and Ingrid Peck played by TinyPiesRUs and iamded

fred.jpg

Fred Thomas played by fallentomato

diana.jpg

Diana played by Sir Dillon

"Dead"

jack.jpg

Jack Baxter played by Jim Butcher

hector.jpg

Hector played by Hinckley

stanton.jpg

Stanton Sexton played by Striker

johnson.jpg

Tour Guide Johnson Willoughby played by TheBrickster

quentin.jpg

Quentin Mantino played by Quarryman

zachary.jpg

Zachary Fortem played by Zepher

*sigh*

I'd like to search Zack and especially go through his backpack.

I didn't trust him, figured he was only after Penny as a setup for his cultist/thief (one or the other) friends. I hope he burns in the 10th grade hell if so.

God, not another death so soon! Poor Zach, he was such a dedicated and humorous young man, that constant smile said it all. So sad to see him go. :cry_sad:

...Ah crap, ticking and slow turning can only mean one thing... :sceptic:

Yep, countdown. I don't like the look of that wall with the spikes either.

In other news though, my arm appears to be turning to stone, and I was wonder, just out of curiosity, if someone might, perchance, have any ideas that might save me before I turn into a petrified corpse!?

Anyone at all!!? This is serious! I can't swing my fabulous sword, which I managed to somehow stuff in my pocket earlier, if I'm a bloody stone statue! DJ darling, comfort me! DJ? :look:

Maybe once I can take my mind off this arm I'll be able to put my thoughts towards getting out of this room before the ceiling drops on us or something equally dramatic.

He's.... Dead!

No no, he's just resting, dear, just resting. He's perfectly fine.

Perhaps you could explain why you appear to have red marks on your neck?

I... I woke up and William was all grey and looked sick... Then he, he attacked me, he grabbed my neck. But then suddenly he went back to normal..

I... I woke up and William was all grey and looked sick... Then he, he attacked me, he grabbed my neck. But then suddenly he went back to normal..

WILLIAM! Explain yourself! :angry:

Wait... grey? Like a statue? Maybe that stone on your neck can cure Diesel before he becomes a permanent erection. On the site. Permanently erected. On the site. Oh hell. Can you fix him? :look:

Wait... grey? Like a statue? Maybe that stone on your neck can cure Diesel before he becomes a permanent erection. On the site. Permanently erected. On the site. Oh hell. Can you fix him? :look:

Oooh, Penny, please, if you could I would be ever so grateful. I'm feeling a bit woozy, and this stony arm isn't looking at all healthy. :look:

Diesel walks over to the barred gate and waits hopefully for Penny to perform her magic and cure him of his ills, starring woefully at her with sad puppy eyes for effect.

*I shall try to cure Diesel with my necklace*

Yes, please do, I don't want to become permanently erected. :cry_sad:

I'm not sure how it works....

Yes excellent idea, before we lose Diesel, nothing worse than getting stoned, I mean no one wants rocks in their head, um ...ok....the erection was much better.

Well because I am not paying attention, I have no clues to offer except for a general distrust for all evil looking people (Guess that means I don't care much for Diesel, Owen and SEXton!

Oh my! Zach! He has gone on before us, and could not continue this game...of life and must learn from his mistakes in that big 10th grade school in the sky. :sadnew::tongue:

Penny, I am very sorry. Somehow, I feel you have saved my life by waking me up from my long slumber. I never felt so much positive energy within my body for a long time, and my arm suddenly jerks out to reach for something before I completely regain my mind. It's like something in you, charged me up once more..

Everything seems so blurred to me initally, but I am starting to get a clearer picture after a long sleep.. I wish I wasn't given an unwelcome shot earlier... :hmpf_bad:

During my long slumber, I had a vision, and I saw my father pointing something to me. I need to go back, where the tour bus was last parked. There is something which I need to check to ascertain something..

Can all of you get out of the chamber?

My wife, stay calm, I will try to get you out of there. There is no time to lose. We need to gather our clues once more before we lose our focus..

Oh my gosh! Another dead! We're being picked off like flies... Stupid flies... The kind of flie that just hovers over the cutting board for a minute, and then lands and doesn't move even when someone picks up a fly-swatter or a rolled up newspaper and whacks it dead.

William, you're back! Hurray, oh I missed you! I'll excuse all that stuff you said about Penny, because Someone...Sandy...Tranqualized you and I'm sure nothing happened between you and Penny. :look:

Oh, please do try to help us out, and don't go to the buss until we're freed. (please?) I'm a bit worried for you, with all this vampire-y stuff going on, so if you start sparkling I'm going to sue Stephenie Meyer. Maybe there is something creepy going on with our family, I mean, You turn into a vamire-thing, Deisil is turning into a gargoyle, that leaves Wolfman for DJ *gasp*

Also, has anyone else noticed that niether Quentin or Stanton are here?

Have you no heart!?

I'm too sad for words right now. Why oh why oh why.... :cry_sad:

Have you no heart!?

Yes I have a heart! :hmpf_bad:

I for one want to get out of this hell-hole/Phantom-hell and I had a creeping suspicion that solving the mystery behind their disappearances may help us escape. I am very sad for all of our losses, and scared that any of us could be next, so let's get to it! First off, maybe we should find our way out of this room.

Also, I meant that we diidn't have their bodies, only their bones, I didn't mean to offend :sceptic:

During my long slumber, I had a vision, and I saw my father pointing something to me. I need to go back, where the tour bus was last parked. There is something which I need to check to ascertain something..

Can all of you get out of the chamber?

Last time I checked, we aren't able to go through dungeon gates...

A mecanism that open a door, but when reversed, spikes come out a slaughter whoever isn't weary. Maybe there is a sort of secret button in the walls. It seems like that sort of place.

I would like to go along the walls, feeling for any holes of loose blocks. Yes I know, I'm that desperate.

Do you mean your evil father? Maybe you want to explain why we found this on your body while you were passed out? *Pulls out dark gem* If you are still groggy, maybe I can help you explain - you killed Stanton. I don't know why we're wasting time looking for clues when we already have evidence of the killer. :hmpf_bad:

*Go and sifts through the rubble in the corner of the room looking for anything interesting and stays the hell away from the spikes*

Before we go feeling around everywhere, maybe we should look?

I would like to have a look at the broken section of wall, see what lies beyond it and see if there's anything in the rubble.

I would also like to look at the spears protruding from the wall, see if any are loose and can be detached.

I'd like to search Zack and especially go through his backpack.

*You find a spare pair of boxers, some hairspray, a bottle of water and the bag from the jewelery store where Zack bought the ring for Penny.*

Diesel walks over to the barred gate and waits hopefully for Penny to perform her magic and cure him of his ills, starring woefully at her with sad puppy eyes for effect.

*Diesel reaches through the bars and grabs Penny's necklace with his graying hand. Something like an electric current courses through Diesel and he freezes in shock for a moment. He lets go of the gem and looks at his arm. It has gone back to normal.*

*Anyone noticed that the last time they were seen they had been reduced to a pile of bones??*

I would like to have a look at the broken section of wall, see what lies beyond it and see if there's anything in the rubble.

I would also like to look at the spears protruding from the wall, see if any are loose and can be detached.

*Fred looks at the loose stones while Ingrid moves on to brave the spears.*

chapter_06_11.jpg

*Upon closer inspection, this pile doesn't look like rubble at all. There are 12 stones, 3 sets of four identical carving. They seem to fit together into some sort of puzzle...*

chapter_06_12.jpg

*Ingrid looks at the spears. While they are very sharp, she notices that they all wiggle a little...down. Each one appears to be a lever. However, it is not possible for Ingrid to pull any of them down by herself.*

*You find a spare pair of boxers, some hairspray, a bottle of water and the bag from the jewelery store where Zack bought the ring for Penny.*

I'll take the hairspray and boxers. Don't ask! I'd like to look in the bag from the jewelry store for any contents and then sniff the water for any odd smells that might indicate tampering.

*Upon closer inspection, this pile doesn't look like rubble at all. There are 12 stones, 3 sets of four identical carving. They seem to fit together into some sort of puzzle...*

Naturally. :hmpf:

Interesting. Perhaps the stone pattern will match the one from waaay at the beginning, that we used to access the temple. I'll look into that after this:

I would like to look closely at the protruding dark red (or are they reddish brown?) tiles under the arches.

Oh dear, another death. That's what one gets by playing with things they don't understand. I'd never do that.

*Ingrid looks at the spears. While they are very sharp, she notices that they all wiggle a little...down. Each one appears to be a lever. However, it is not possible for Ingrid to pull any of them down by herself.*

Maybe we should try swinging on these spears? It should be safe. Two per spear perhaps?

Maybe we should try swinging on these spears? It should be safe. Two per spear perhaps?

I'm not sure we swing the same way, but I'm up for new experiences if you are. :wink: