Continuing the collab between myself and MKJoshA.

I wanted to try another Norse style wooden building, and decided to do a longhouse with belltower. This was my first time using this wall design (which is SNOT tile paneling in between 2x2 round pillars), and I'm quite happy with the effect. As always there's a full interior.

After the rather unsuccessful first attempt to try and convince the Great Elk clan and the people of Teridyan to work together during their recent food shortage, Wyndor and Glorfindel traveled to the Longhouse of the Great Elk Clan for one more try.

They were still unable to convince the Clan to try and help, and were just preparing to leave the hall when a clansman rushed in.

"Sound the bell! There's a dragon attacking the village," he gasped.

The men quickly seized their weapons and rushed outside to find a medium sized Frost Dragon approaching the hall itself. Two Teridyan soldiers who had been passing through the village were trying to hold the beast off, but one had already succumbed to its icy breath:

overview.JPG

angled.JPG

front.JPG

attack.JPG

The dragon put up a fierce struggle, but the clansmen, Glorfindel, and Wyndor were able to kill it without losing any men. Though, the soldier who had been struck by the beast's breath lost the arm holding his shield to frostbite.

Wyndor was first to speak after the dragon finally collapsed, "Well Dain, what do you think now? These Teridyan soldiers just risked their lives to defend your village and people. Surely the Clan can continue to help supply food for the city."

"I suppose we might be able to give them a hand, " Dain replied gruffly. "But how will we get enough food for our own village and Teridyan?"

"Perhaps you could train some of the men from Teridyan how to hunt and trap," Glorfindel suggested. "Or organize a trade route with some of the cities or clans less affected by this famine. Between Teridyan and the Clan you have many able bodied men to work with, I'm sure something could be arranged."

More pictures of the build:

back.JPG

Without figs

empty.JPG

lh.JPG

in.JPG

in3.JPG

C&C welcome :classic:

Very nice, as usual nice textures on the house and a cool interior. I especially like the green table, it's a good change to the usual brown tables.

The first few pictures are very dark and we can't hardly see anything of the house in them, try to take a little brighter ones next time ;-).

Beautiful moc mate! The frozen guy is a nice touch and the overall desgn of the building has a lot of great details. Nice tile work on walls and beautiful interior too!

Great build, a lot of fantastic things on it. Building looks really beautiful with perfect colors and great roof, it's also great to see interior. And that beast is medium sized!?

All for the glory of Mitgardia. Very nice build as usual, and congrats for being fped!

Excellent build! You've managed to capture a very Norse look, especially with those roof rakes. It reminds me of old Norwegian wooden churches :classic:

Really nice build sk! the longhouse itself is marvelous, but I really enjoy the contrasting colors of the dragon to the landscape as well.

Ha, ha, I see I'm not the only one who built something to go with their mount! :wink: . This build looks awesome SK, and congrats on the frontpaging! Keep up the great work! :thumbup: