Sign in to follow this  
MagPiesRUs

Ragnarök Now 3: Day Five

Day Five: Eldjǫtunn Bridge

The einherjar kept on rowing, under darkening skies, hopeful that they'd soon reach Valhalla...

1_zpsmtlc985n.jpg

... Until they finally reached a place no longship could traverse. Before them stood an old bridge that had seen many a battle. Even now battles were still being waged, as fires leaped and twisted all around it.

3_zpsdebikiol.jpg

Kára looked up at the fiery horizon, her face sinking.

2_zpssyortisw.jpg

"Get off the boat!" Kára yelled, "Fire Giants!"

IMG_2245_zpsrpx5vf8n.jpg

The einherjar ran through the snow, dodging the flickers of flame that shot down from above.

IMG_2296_zpsw7n5ruei.jpg

The skies flickered as more fire came down on the einherjar. Kaupmad (KingoftheZempk) attempted to cross the river to escape the wrath of Muspell's sons.

IMG_2248_zpsoayatzxr.jpg

Atop the bridge Kaupmad watched in awe of the battle below him. He was so engrossed in it, he hadn't noticed the figure following him up.

IMG_2254_zpsuynry5av.jpg

*THUD!*, the figure landed their axe into the back of Kapmaud's head.

IMG_2255_zps71nhokk6.jpg

"Wait!" Kaupmad began, pulling himself up, "I have money! And fish!"

IMG_2257_zpsa9jzvv5n.jpg

"Oh yeah? You'll be sleeping with the fishes soon," the figure replied, shoving Kaupmad off the bridge.

IMG_2260_zpsdpm0xkv1.jpg

With a splash, Kaupmad was no more.

"I hope he'll forgive me for that terrible pre-death one-liner," the axe-wielding figure noted, "Oh well. I guess it's all water under the bridge now..."

Kaupmad was a Loyal einherjar.

IMG_2263_zpss3rzphhv.jpg

Meanwhile, the main party had found shelter in a makeshift fortification. Kára found an anxious sentry watching over the destruction.

"Curse you, giants!" he said, "don't make me come over there!"

IMG_2264_zpsy4ton6vv.jpg

As the flames momentarily died down, Kára approached the soldier.

"Who is the chieftain in command here?" she asked.

"Aren't you?" the sentry replied.

IMG_2267_zpsopnycsfm.jpg

"What's going on?" Kára inquired.

"The Fire Giants have been carving their way through Asgard. They have been turning everything to ash. The end is nigh! For all of us!"

"Most of the giants have passed through already," said a second warrior, "But one giant is still out there, ravaging our fort!"

"Go get Ragnar." the first warrior suggested, "he'll know what to do."

IMG_2272_zps9104pndv.jpg

"Ragnar!" the second warrior called out behind him, "Ragnar!"

IMG_2273_zpsbdonvkls.jpg

"There's another Fire Giant out there!" the second warrior said, "It sounds like he's coming towards us!"

IMG_2276_zpsm7yp48vb.jpg

"Can you hear him?" the sentry asked.

"Yeah," Ragnar replied.

IMG_2277b_zpsuajgb7bx.jpg

Ragnar carefully loaded up his crossbow, "he's getting closer..."

IMG_2279_zpshwvdsj82.jpg

With a clunk, Ragnar launched the bolt into the air, towards the Fire Giant...

IMG_2286_zpsb0ih76gv.jpg

Beyond the fort, the einherjar heard the crash of a fallen jot.

"Ragnar!" Kára began, "Do you know who is in charge here?"

"Yeah," Ragnar replied.

IMG_2291_zps3fydsixr.jpg

Non-Playable Characters

IMG_1976_zpsvbvdyz9e.png Kára

IMG_1980_zpsoatw8uto.jpg Ragnar

Characters (13)

IMG_1946_zpsx2dcvaj8.pngCanute Grey-Bush (CallMePie)

IMG_1949_zpsw4ro0e01.pngPudding-Head (Hinckley)

IMG_1966_zpsysaqwjio.pngCranebeinn the Redder (Chromeknight)

IMG_1961_zpsgxcqurdi.pngPetrus Fire-Starter (Pandora)

IMG_1957_zpsgm3xvmof.pngDanr the Dragon-Slayer (Dannylonglegs)

IMG_1952_zpsm4eiknse.pngPetr Half-Troll (Piratedave)

IMG_1939_zpsjjhouj1a.pngToki (TrumpetKing)

IMG_1947_zpsn9ovqetf.pngLauga (Lady K)

IMG_1965_zps9ses2d9f.pngTarr Egg-Chaser (Tariq j)

IMG_1948_zpsq5i1jvvy.pngAgnar Skull-Smasher (Adam)

IMG_1963_zpsyi4miq7q.pngDar (Dragonfire)

IMG_1944_zpsztlzsnri.pngJafri (Jackjonespaw)

IMG_1943_zpsskx4fsri.pngRagnvald the Troll (Ranger of the Forest)

The Dead

1_zpszhk3sxez.jpgBrand (Brickelodeon) - Loyal - voted out, Day One

2_zpsj6otvry9.jpgPatrekr the Red (Palathadric) - Loyal - murdered, Night One

3_zpsl8ymhll8.jpgLambi (TheLazyChicken) - Corrupted - murdered, Night One

4_zpsvlm95tgu.jpgJarl Name-Loser (jluck) - Corrupted - voted out, Day Two

5_zpsztemwwwn.jpgDagstyrr the Fool (Darkdragon) - Loyal - murdered, Night Two

6_zpspd491alc.jpgMist (Mencot) - Corrupted - voted out, Day Three

7_zpsox8bp617.jpgTarben the Wise (Tamamono) - Loyal - murdered, Night Three

8_zps80phlabk.jpgMunud the Strange (mostlytechnic) - Loyal - murdered, Night Three

9_zps16qdnyml.jpgLodmund the Dwarf (Lord Duvors) - Loyal - voted out, Day Four

10_zpsqhskz0xe.jpgKaupmad (KingoftheZempk) - Loyal - murdered, Night Four

Reserves

mediumsnowman

Rules

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Loyal or the Corrupted. To win the game, the Loyal must kill off all of the Corrupted, while the Corrupted must outnumber the Loyal. Neutral characters will have their victory conditions outlined in their role.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player.

2b. You may give your proxy vote to a player in the following format: Proxy: Character (Player). Doing so will gift your vote to the player of your choice, effectively giving them an extra vote. You may retract your proxy in the following format: Unproxy: Character (Player).

3. A game day will last for 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

5b. Similarly, you may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent by another player via PM. Please paraphrase instead.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread; you must always play the role given to you. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void and may not be passed on.

8. You may not edit your posts.

9. Violation of any of the above rules will result in a vote penalty (1 for every 4 players alive) on the first two occasions and a mod-kill on the third.

10. You must post in every day thread. Failure to do so will result in a mod-kill or a replacement.

11. If you encounter a problem or have any further questions, feel free to contact me via PM.

If I was wrong about Lodmund, I must be wrong about Dar.

But then again, now that we know Lodmund was telling the (very bizarre) truth, it still is strange that Dar had the same idea about what I said that the Scum did. And then there was Dar's admission that the similarity was damning when he tried to suggest Lodmund was Scum and was trying to frame him. But I'm less confident about it today than I was yesterday considering I was so off on Lodmund.

Another two of us gone. I had hoped Lodmund would flip scum.

It looks like only one kill was made too. Blocker, you may well have blocked another kill (unless the target was protected, of course)

And then there was Dar's admission that the similarity was damning when he tried to suggest Lodmund was Scum and was trying to frame him.

Who wouldn't agree that it looks scummy to have a similarity to the Scum?

Who wouldn't agree that it looks scummy to have a similarity to the Scum?

Oh good, so I'm not crazy. Even you agree that you're Scummy. :laugh:

It's hard to imagine you'd agree if you were actually Scum.

Called it! Son of Mustafar Muspel! :grin:

Sucks that Lord Duvors was Town. He did a really awful job of pulling a "sting". :ugh: no offense, intended. That's something to work on for your next life. :classic:

Anywhoo, I agree with pig man that Lord Duvors flipping town takes away most if the argument against Dar. :sceptic: not sure exactly where that leaves us, but I do think that looking into some of the more silent individuals may be prudent. Toki, tar, ragnvald, and KoTZ are all big "?"s to me. :sceptic:

Toki, tar, ragnvald, and KoTZ are all big "?"s to me. :sceptic:

One of those people is dead, Danr...... :hmpf:

It looks like only one kill was made too. Blocker, you may well have blocked another kill (unless the target was protected, of course)

Sometimes there is no kill when the Scum successfully convert. But after all of the traitor talk and the Scum pretty much telling us they couldn't convert, that is the least likely option.

I know. But listing myself would be redundant, since I know I'm loyal.

Oh wow. I totally misread what you said. :laugh:

I guess that means Kaufman is not on my list anymore! :laugh:

I can't see why I am on the "silent" list of people, I've tried to be as active as possible over the last few days.

Anyway, Lodmund not being scum is odd, but he was the most scummiest looking there, it now begs the question though was the conversation between him and Jarl real?

it now begs the question though was the conversation between him and Jarl real?

On what basis would you doubt it?

On what basis would you doubt it?

I doubted it (as I said yesterday) because Jarl basically confessed everything to Lodmund even before he claimed he was the traitor and when he did claim traitor Jarl didn't question him whatsoever.

I doubted it (as I said yesterday) because Jarl basically confessed everything to Lodmund even before he claimed he was the traitor and when he did claim traitor Jarl didn't question him whatsoever.

Why would Lodmund fake that conversation?

Why would Lodmund fake that conversation?

Too prove he was town (which we now know he is) but yesterday we all thought otherwise hence why we assumed the conversation was faked. Of course we now know he is town, meaning the conversation was probably true, all I was saying was, it sounded very odd.

Too prove he was town (which we now know he is) but yesterday we all thought otherwise hence why we assumed the conversation was faked. Of course we now know he is town, meaning the conversation was probably true, all I was saying was, it sounded very odd.

But you were suggesting he might still have lied about it. That's weird.

I do think that looking into some of the more silent individuals may be prudent. Toki, tar, ragnvald, and KoTZ are all big "?"s to me. :sceptic:

You seem to have omitted several names. Canute and Jafri for certain, and a few others.

Well, I wouldn't believe anything Jarl said, but Lodmund wouldn't lie as town... slightly disturbed that you think so.

Canute and Jafri for certain, and a few others.

Yes, those two do seem to be in the Scum Goldilocks zone. Not too active not absent. Just gliding under the radar.

Oh wow. I totally misread what you said. :laugh:

I guess that means Kaufman is not on my list anymore! :laugh:

No shit. :facepalm:

Speaking of silent players, the first few hours of the day have passed. You can quit talking now and fade back into the woodwork as you usually do.

Well Lodmund as town was a surprise to me, he was really acting very scummy yesterday with everything he said.

Yes, those two do seem to be in the Scum Goldilocks zone. Not too active not absent. Just gliding under the radar.

You had said that in the last few games that's where the scum hid and I too think it's worth our while to look at them a bit more closely.

My short list, not substantiated and based on impressions only, is Toki, Lauga, Tarr and Dar. I think one of them has to be scum.

My short list, not substantiated and based on impressions only, is Toki, Lauga, Tarr and Dar. I think one of them has to be scum.

And why do one of us have to be scum? Please elaborate.

And why do one of us have to be scum? Please elaborate.

It's a gut feeling; are you concerned I named you? Why so defensive

It's a gut feeling; are you concerned I named you? Why so defensive

I'm not being defensive, I was just interested in your reasons for suspecting me.

Oh well. Looks like the scum pulled a fast one on us by deleting Lodmund's Writeboard. It blows that he flipped town, but by the time we got around to voting, he was almost a policy lynch. He didn't help himself by being close-lipped with information, both when it came to his reasons for unvoting Mist and what he learned from his Writeboard.

These "short"lists of people we suspect to be scum are growing rather large. Those players mentioned so far today have been coasting under the radar, which goes to show how much quiet players can hinder the town, especially later in the game.

I've been keeping an eye on Jafri since his super scummy post on Day 3, and I wanted to take a moment to look at his post yesterday:

I'm expecting him to claim he's scum and post a link for a traitor to message him any minute now. There's definitely some fishy behavior from all the scum, and it's really not anything I've ever seen before. And I don't like it.

Vote: Lodmund the Dwarf (Lord Duvors)

What exactly do you mean by "fishy behavior from the scum"? We've killed three scum so far. For the most part, they've been playing like idiots. What don't you like about that?

I've been keeping an eye on Jafri since his super scummy post on Day 3, and I wanted to take a moment to look at his post yesterday:

What exactly do you mean by "fishy behavior from the scum"? We've killed three scum so far. For the most part, they've been playing like idiots. What don't you like about that?

I mean exactly what you say - in every game I've been in, at least that I can remember - the scum have always had at least some sort of a plan and structure. All of this idiotic behavior just doesn't sit well with me - it doesn't make sense. Maybe it's metagaming blinding me, but scum are usually more organized and better than they are now.