Walter Kovacs

Unrest in the Forest - Conclusion: Hatchet, Axe and Saw

Conclusion: Hatchet, Axe and Saw

There is unrest in the forest

There is trouble with the trees

For the Maples want more sunlight

And the Oaks ignore their pleas

The trouble with the Maples

(And they're quite convinced they're right)

They say the Oaks are just too lofty

And they grab up all the light

But the Oaks can't help their feelings

If they like the way they're made

And they wonder why the Maples

Can't be happy in their shade

There is trouble in the forest

And the creatures all have fled

As the Maples scream 'Oppression!'

And the Oaks just shake their heads

So the Maples formed a union

And demanded equal rights

'The Oaks are just too greedy

We will make them give us light'

Now there's no more Oak oppression

For they passed a noble law

And the trees are all kept equal

By hatchet, axe and saw

The humans enter the depleted forest of Galidor. Mr Big Chief continues speaking:

“… So you boys know what to do now, right?”

Walter, Burt and Ernie reply in unison, “Yes Boss!”

Then all four start to work.

conc_0.png

It is hard work, as the Alder is the largest tree in the forest. But eventually it begins to fall…

conc_1.png

As if in slow motion, Alden falls, as if trying to delay the inevitable as long as possible…

conc_4.png

Until finally the Elder’s massive bulk crashes to the forest floor, like so many of his brethren.

conc_5.png

Walter suddenly shouts out, “Look! I could have sworn this was a sycamore tree a minute ago. But now it clearly is an Oak.”

Burt looks around and notices a similar pattern. “And this Maple. I was sure it was a sassafras.”

Mr. Big Chief sounds a bit puzzled. “I see most of the stumps also belonged to Oaks. But for some reason this Persimmon tree is still a persimmon. I wonder why that is?

“Ah well, not for us to question. Let’s continue our work, boys.”

Then Sammy Sycamore felt the harsh bite of the saw…

conc_6.png

And finally Lassie Sassafras gets the keen taste of an axe.

concl_10.png

When the sun rises on a new day, Simon finally gets what he always wanted: the forest to himself.

conc_-_hinck.png

Congratulations to the Winners of Unrest in the Forest: The Maples! fhomess, Bob, mostlytechnic, badboytje88, jluck and Brickelodeon.

And also, congratulations to the other winner, the Neutral Serial Killer, Hinckley!

I thought it was a good game all around. It was possible for all three factions to win coming into Day 8, always a good thing.

My initial thought when putting this game together was to make the Tree Stump, always sort of a joke role, into something powerful. I really thought that this could be overpowered on the Town side, so I tried to make the Scum powerful and well hidden. I also weakened the Town at the same time. I don’t know that I achieved a real balance (really, how could you balance up to 15 Town Tree Stumps giving their opinions?), but I think it was fairly close.

Here are the players, the role names I gave them, and their traditional role names.

The Serial Killer:

simon.png

Simon Persimmon, played by Hinckley – Neutral – Nihilist (Serial Killer, Bulletproof x3)

The Oaks:

alden_-_stump.png

Elder Alden Alder, NPC

laurel_-_stump.png

Lauren Laurel, played by PirateDave84 – Felled Night 1 – Oak – Garden Variety Oak (Vanilla)

buck_-_stump.png

Buck “Dollar” Poplar, played by Mencot – Felled Night 1 - Oak – Garden Variety Oak (Vanilla)

catarina_-_stump.png

Catarina Dogwood, played by adventurer1 – Lynched Day 2 - Oak – Garden Variety Oak (Vanilla)

agnes_-_stump.png

Agnes Cyprus, played by JackJonesPaw – Felled Night 2 – Oak – Harmonizer (Jailkeeper)

vicky_-_stump.png

Vicky Hickory, played by Stickfig – Felled Night 2 – Oak – Garden Variety Oak (Vanilla)

larry_-_stump.png

Larry Larch, played by TheLazyChicken – Lynched Day 3 - Oak – Garden Variety Oak (Vanilla)

clem_-_stump.png

Clem Elm, played by Scaevola – Felled Night 3 – Oak – Heightened Senses (Cop)

bobby_-_stump2.png

Bobby Beech, played by Lord Duvors – Felled Night 3 - Oak – Garden Variety Oak (Vanilla)

hazel_-_hole.png

Hazel Hazelnut, played by Goliath – Lynched Day 4 – Oak – Garden Variety Oak (Vanilla)

maggie_-_stump.png

Maggie Magnolia, played by Calanon – Felled Night 4 – Oak – Garden Variety Oak (Vanilla)

waldorf_-_stump.png

Waldorf Walnut, played by jamesn – Felled Night 4 – Oak – Heightened Senses (Naïve Cop)

berty_-_stump.png

Berty Birch, played by Dragonfire – Lynched Day 5 – Oak – Guilty Conscience (Miller)

chester_-_stump.png

Chester Chestnut, played by Lego Spy – Felled Night 5 – Oak – Hidden Spikes (Bomb)

nash_-_stump.png

Nash Ash, played by Zepher – Felled Night 5 – Oak – Garden Variety Oak (Vanilla)

william_-_stump.png

William Willow, played by Scubacarrot – Felled Night 6 – Oak – Holy Tree (Super-Saint)

bruce_-_stump.png

Bruce Spruce, played by Tamamono – Felled Night 6 - Oak - Vigilante

adelaide_-_stump.png

Adelaide Apple, played by TinyPiesRUs – Lynched Day 7 - Oak – Garden Variety Oak (Vanilla)

sammy_-_stump.png

Sammy Sycamore, played by Fugazi – Felled in Conclusion - Oak – Garden Variety Oak (Vanilla)

The Maples:

lassie_-_stump.png

Lassie Sassafras, played by fhomess – Felled in Conclusion - Maple – Maple Leader (Godfather)

alastair.png

Alastair Pear, played by Brickelodeon – Lynched Day 1 – Maple – Chameleon Bark (Traitor)

barry_-_hole.png

Barry Cherry, played by jluck – Felled Night 3 – Maple - Goon

peter_-_hole.png

Peter Cedar, played by badboytje88 – Felled Night 5 – Maple - Goon

jack_-_stump.png

Jack Pine, played by mostlytechnic – Lynched Day 6 – Maple – Stump Remover (Janitor x4)

sue_-_stump2.png

Sue Sumac, played by Bob – Felled Night 7 - Maple – Scent Mask (Framer / Tailor)

And now, for the ever popular list of Night Actions:

Night 1:

Scaevola – Investigate Tamamono. Success – Oak

jamesn – Investigate Hinckley. Success – Oak (Naïve)

Tamamono – Kill TheLazyChicken. Unsuccessful (Blocked)

JackJonespaw – Protect and Block Tamamono. Success

Hinckley – Kill Mencot. Success

badboytje88 – Kill PirateDave84. Success

mortlytechnic – Janitor Brickelodeon. Success

Night 2:

Scaevola – Investigate jamesn. Success – Oak

jamesn – Investigate Scaevola. Success – Oak (Naïve)

Tamamono – Kill JackJonespaw. Success

JackJonespaw – Protect and Block mostlytechnic. Success

Hinckley – Kill JackJonespaw. Success

badboytje88 – Kill Stickfig. Success

mostlytechnic – Janitor adventurer1. Success

Night 3:

Scaevola – Investigate Zepher. Unsuccessful (killed by badboytje88)

jamesn – Investigate Fugazi. Success – Oak (Naïve)

Tamamono – Kill Lord Duvors. Success

Hinckley – Kill jluck. Success

badboytje88 – Kill Scaevola. Success

Bob – Frame Scubacarrot. Success

fhomess – Recall Traitor. Unsuccessful (Brickelodeon is dead)

mostlytechnic – Janitor jluck. Success

Night 4:

jamesn – Investigate Dragonfire. Unsuccessful (Killed by badboytje88)

Hinckley – Kill Calanon. Success

badboytje88 – Kill jamesn. Success

Bob – Frame TinyPiesRUs. Success

mostlytechnic – Janitor Goliath. Success

Night 5:

Tamamono – Kill Zepher. Success

Hinckley – Kill Zepher. Success

badboytje88 – Kill Lego Spy. Success

Bob – Frame TinyPiesRUs. Success

Night 6:

Hinckley – Kill Scubacarrot. Success

Bob – Kill Tamamono. Success

Night 7:

Hinckley – Kill Bob. Success

Bob – Kill Hinckley. Unsuccessful (Bulletproof)

Some more notes. Hinckley had an enormous stroke of luck when he was investigated by a role that only gives Town responses. This game turns out far different if Scaevola and jamesn switch their targets Night 1. Also, I thought the Serial Killer hiding his action by targeting the same target as the Vig was brilliant. A nice trick for a SK, if you can get the Vig to trust you early. It actually helped the Oaks quite a bit, keeping the body count overnight low. The Maples might have romped home quickly without that help.

Just to clear up some of the mysteries: Brickelodeon was Janitored (and was never going to come back), Goliath was an Oak, and badboytje88 was Bombed. And the killing actions were completely random. I didn’t even pay attention to which human was used when trees were cut down. All of the roles were randomly assigned as well. No hints in the sizes of the trees, either.

If Scubacarrot had been lynched, the pictures would have shown the humans cutting the wrong tree down (the hammer voter), then cutting Scuba’s tree down in embarrassment.

There was so much suspicion swirling about all of the Maples. mostlytechnic, fhomess and Bob all had fingers pointed at them for very valid reasons, and yet it was an unfortunate coincidence that led to mostly’s lynch (blocked on a night where the SK and Vig targeted the same player).

Then there were the codes. The codes were brilliant, and a direction I didn’t foresee this game going. It might have been an issue, if the scum hadn’t embraced it and made it so overly complicated that they wouldn’t work well. Hinckley and his Stump-mates managed to get it right. Too bad Hinckley didn't really care for the Oaks.

I just wanted to say I had a blast hosting this game, and I hope all of the players had a good time.

My biggest disappointment was Goliath PMing his Role PM to a Stump, and the near chaos it caused. I think I know how it happened. Goliath was in the Dead PM with Maples who still were reading the Scumboards. The plan was to janitor Dragonfire the night he was lynched. Goliath likely thought Dragonfire was about to join them on the Dead PM.

Unfortunately, badboytje88 killed the Bomb the same night. The Janitor target changed, and Goliath never got the message (or had already sent the PM). I was also disappointed with how a Stumpy Dragonfire responded to it. He PM’d me for guidance, I told he couldn’t use it, or if he had to say something about it, don’t say anything definitive. Instead he comes out and says “Goliath was 100% Oak.” There’s nothing definitive in that statement. :sarcasm_hmpf:

Then there was the fiasco called Day 8. I sent the three remaining players PMs, giving them all possible combinations of players and how they could win with each of those scenarios. May intent was for all three of them to understand what they were looking for so that they could win. But I mis-worded Fugazi’s PM, and things quickly spiraled out of control.

But overall I am happy with how things turned out. I’d like to receive feedback on how I did as a host, this being my first time and all. If it’s mostly positive, maybe I should do a sequel: Unrest in the Forest 2: Revenge of the Fallen. :grin:

Oh, um....hi. :blush:

Sorry everyone. :cry_happy:

How was I investigated as Town? :wacko: I will finally look that gift horse in the mouth.

Fantastic game, everyone. Especially the invisible Scum. Were all of the Scum caught by accident? I think so. Amazing game, you guys. :thumbup:

I wrote a confession to vote with but ended up not using it. I'll post that in a little bit.

:blush:

Oh my gosh! What a great game!! Congratz Hinck, I was rooting (no pun intended) for the SK. Thanks for hosting Walter!

How was I investigated as Town? :wacko: I will finally look that gift horse in the mouth.

jamesn was indeed a Naive Cop, getting an 'Oak' response to every investigation.

Bob didn't frame on the first two nights? A framer/tailor and a naive investigator. Wow, that's a lot of Night Action confusion.

Bulletproof x3 and Naive Cop! No wonder Hinck won! Nicely done, sir. I tried to kill you on Night 8.\

We framed every night until Bob took over the killing.

Bob didn't frame on the first two nights? A framer/tailor and a naive investigator. Wow, that's a lot of Night Action confusion.

Nope, never sent them in. It didn't affect anything, as the targets they talked about on the Scum Board weren't investigated by Scaevola.

Bob framed Foog and TPRU on nights 1 and 2, respectively.

Nope, never sent them in. It didn't affect anything, as the targets they talked about on the Scum Board weren't investigated by Scaevola.

Ah...

Wow, WHAT A GAME! First, gotta brag a little that I predicted a SK hinck in the dead PM before the conclusion posted. I had 90% chance that hinck won as the only living tree and the only real question was if he was town or SK.

For the record (I already said this in the dead PM, but for everyone here...), I thought the codes were a FANTASTIC idea and that's why I pushed them so hard. I wanted desperately to make them confusing and screwed up so that they wouldn't work. If I were town... I would have had a good template set up that was similar to what hinck finally did and shared it with everyone to make it easy to do. Random code word for every single player name, possible role, and other words like "night action" "scum" etc. Then the living and stumps could have made whole sentences and conversations and the town SHOULD HAVE won quickly with that. I would have pushed that codes to everyone be a requirement and anyone not doing codes or making a claim to the stumps the day after codes being distributed would be policy lynched. Then the stumps could have colated the claims and started figuring things out and directing night actions.

Through the whole game I was shocked at how often people KNEW something HAD to be true and were flat out wrong. Huge lesson to me not to tunnel on suspects or to be overly confident on anything.

Congrats to Simon, and thanks to a scum team that played well.

Also for the record, it was mostly luck that we killed the two investigators. It was helped by the outing of the vanilla, but still...

Good game, everyone. Especially Simon.

I can confirm that Goliath did indeed send me his Role PM. Sorry Walter for not responding as you told me to - I got rather carried away :blush:

Could we please see the deadboard and scumboard?

I said in the dead board early that if hinckley was the SK, then he'd played the greatest game I've ever seen so...hinckley well done.

I figured I'd clear my name regarding the crazy day 3 claims. Due to the scum having a janitor, we got the list of targets before the day was posted. Walter PMed me that I was the current target, but things could change. I figured I'd spread as much confusion as I could, and possibly make a last ditch effort to change folks minds. It almost worked as I learned on the dead board that the vig changed his target. But with hinckley trying to target the same person as the vig, I died anyway. My plan worked somewhat though, as it made all oak in contact with me look scummy (sorry to dragonfire for that, it was all part of the game :wink: )

I do have to give props to the Scum team. They played a magnificent game. It's too bad that Hinck and the Scum couldn't win together (It was actually possible, if both the Scum and Hinck had targeted Foog Night 8) Both deserved it, I thought.

Just to clarify, in order for the scum to win, they must hold the voting advantage at the start of the new day. I actually contacted Speedy to clarify this was correct a week or two ago. Well in advance of Day 7 at least.

Also, I thought the Serial Killer hiding his action by targeting the same target as the Vig was brilliant. A nice trick for a SK, if you can get the Vig to trust you early. It actually helped the Oaks quite a bit, keeping the body count overnight low. The Maples might have romped home quickly without that help.

I wanted to not kill in order to confuse everyone as to the existence of a Serial Killer, however I was compulsory (which is why I asked Tammo on Night One, hypothetically who he would kill if he was compulsory. Kind of setting myself to claim vig if one got killed without claiming or I thought I could get away with saying there were two, which there has been). But Pandora, who helped me through a lot of the game suggested targeting the same person as Tammo, since Tammo claimed vig to me on Day Two. All the details of my game are in my confession, which I'll post later, but Pandora deserves a special shout-out. She provided me the ability to discuss strategy and vent that I wouldn't have had if it were truly just me the whole time. I couldn't have won this without her.

I was afraid it would eventually become apparent that I was targeting the same player as Tammo. Like the night he was targeting jluck but switched and told me after the NA deadline so I hit jluck anyway. :laugh: Hilarious. Also, he never told me his exact target so we'd discuss the possibilities and I had to guess who he was hitting. :wacko: This game hurt my brain in many ways.

Could we please see the deadboard and scumboard?

Deadboard is going to be difficult. Since only those Janitored were going to be on it, it was only a PM.

Scumboard is here.

I do have to give props to the Scum team. They played a magnificent game. It's too bad that Hinck and the Scum couldn't win together (It was actually possible, if both the Scum and Hinck had targeted Foog Night 8) Both deserved it, I thought.

I did originally target Foog, but since he was clearly Scum and Bob was clearly Town (:wacko:) I switched to Bob to ensure that I was with one Scum and one Town on the last day. It worked, I just had the opposite read. :blush:

Ok, so my first comment is...When is Unrest in the Forest 2: Revenge of the Fallen!?....... :moar:

I loved this game! Well done Walter! And well done to our SK Hinckley! How could you not love us Oaks?? I kept thinking Simon is scum or this past day Simon is the SK or scum, but then you would say something that would bring me back to he is town.

Good job to my fellow players on both sides, this was an intense fun game.

I did originally target Foog, but since he was clearly Scum and Bob was clearly Town ( :wacko:) I switched to Bob to ensure that I was with one Scum and one Town on the last day. It worked, I just had the opposite read. :blush:

That was Night 7. If fhomess had sent in Foog at the conclusion, Scum would have won with you, since you took Foog out first as well. A hypothetical two player Day 9 would have happened, and the Scum would have had their voting superiority and a share of the win. But they went after Hinck again, instead.

Ha! :ugh: Well played, Hinck! :laugh: Sucks that the SK couldn't win with town.

Great game Walter, very creative setup and well managed from start till finish! :thumbup: I'm off to read the details about night actions and such.

Bulletproof x3 and Naive Cop! No wonder Hinck won! Nicely done, sir. I tried to kill you on Night 8.\

We framed every night until Bob took over the killing.

Wait... if you tried to kill Hinckley, who did Hinckley kill?

I said in the dead board early that if hinckley was the SK, then he'd played the greatest game I've ever seen so...hinckley well done.

I figured I'd clear my name regarding the crazy day 3 claims. Due to the scum having a janitor, we got the list of targets before the day was posted. Walter PMed me that I was the current target, but things could change. I figured I'd spreadarrow-10x10.png as much confusionarrow-10x10.png as I could, and possibly make a last ditch effort to change folks minds. It almost worked as I learned on the dead board that the vig changed his target. But with hinckley trying to target the same person as the vig, I died anyway. My plan worked somewhat though, as it made all oak in contact with me look scummy (sorry to dragonfire for that, it was all part of the game :wink: )

I ended up directly PM'ing the vigilante himself!

It's all fine and good.

I need to work on my town-reading skills. Out of my five strongest townreads, two were scum, and one was the SK!

:laugh: 'Revenge of the Fallen' was sort of a joke. I have no intention to make it a reality at this time. But it would make an awesome title! :grin:

I DO have an idea for another Mafia, titled "Pressure Cooker". It will probably take me 6 or so months to have it ready, however. That'll give some other hosts a chance to strut their stuff.

Besides, I need a break from hosting.

That was Night 7. If fhomess had sent in Foog at the conclusion, Scum would have won with you, since you took Foog out first as well. A hypothetical two player Day 9 would have happened, and the Scum would have had their voting superiority and a share of the win. But they went after Hinck again, instead.

Wait... Hinck targetted Foog on Night 8?

Give me penalty votes for quoting my PM:

Whether it’s You against two Oaks (one Vig) or you against an Oak and a Neutral (SK), you need to lynch the one with the killing action. :devil: Otherwise, it’s mutually assured destruction, and no one wins. :cry_sad:

So I was told I had to take out the SK, who I knew was Hinck by the end of the day. If Hinck didn't target me, why did I die instead of seeing Day 9?

I wanted to not kill in order to confuse everyone as to the existence of a Serial Killer, however I was compulsory (which is why I asked Tammo on Night One, hypothetically who he would kill if he was compulsory. Kind of setting myself to claim vig if one got killed without claiming or I thought I could get away with saying there were two, which there has been). But Pandora, who helped me through a lot of the game suggested targeting the same person as Tammo, since Tammo claimed vig to me on Day Two. All the details of my game are in my confession, which I'll post later, but Pandora deserves a special shout-out. She provided me the ability to discuss strategy and vent that I wouldn't have had if it were truly just me the whole time. I couldn't have won this without her.

I was afraid it would eventually become apparent that I was targeting the same player as Tammo. Like the night he was targeting jluck but switched and told me after the NA deadline so I hit jluck anyway. :laugh: Hilarious. Also, he never told me his exact target so we'd discuss the possibilities and I had to guess who he was hitting. :wacko: This game hurt my brain in many ways.

You did a great job though!

Ha! :ugh: Well played, Hinck! :laugh: Sucks that the SK couldn't win with town.

Actually, we could've won together. :blush: But, I chose to take the win. I didn't think I'd ever again have the opportunity to be the sole winner of a game. :blush: Sorry. Ego... :cry_happy: Don't hate me.

Wait... if you tried to kill Hinckley, who did Hinckley kill?

I killed Sammy because in order to win I had to kill the Town before they could and then kill the Scum on hypothetical Night Nine.

Wait... Hinck targetted Foog on Night 8?

So I was told I had to take out the SK, who I knew was Hinck by the end of the day. If Hinck didn't target me, why did I die instead of seeing Day 9?

Because Day Nine is hypothetical and ends in a draw vote and me killing you because I'm still bulletproof.

My favorite parts of the Scum board are them trying to decipher my code, when they think I'm not the SK and when they think LEGO Spy is the vig. :grin:

Actually, we could've won together. :blush: But, I chose to take the win. I didn't think I'd ever again have the opportunity to be the sole winner of a game. :blush: Sorry. Ego... :cry_happy: Don't hate me.

:cry3: And he says I'm not playing with town... :hmpf:

Here's my full confession. Keep in mind it was in the game so the voice is a little smug-in-character. I decided not to vote and let Walter reveal the surprise as opposed to being an attention hog and trying to control the reveal and...well, being typical me. :blush:

"So, this is my 23rd game here on EB Mafia. And when I drew the Serial Killer card, it was only my second time playing this role. The first was during Mystical Castle and I got lynched on Day Two. I was so disappointed. I think of Serial Killer as a balancing measure and my name is the Nihilist, so I just thought I was going to have a little fun killing, get caught on Day Three or Four and get lynched. I thought Bobby called me Nihilist at one point and feared the Scum had used a role cop on me. Anyway, I thought I’d be nihilistic. I’m often targeted by investigators or trackers and a killing action always has the possibility of being caught by a watcher. My win condition was that I win only if I kill everyone. I didn’t think that was possible. So I was just going to randomly kill people I didn’t think would be watched.

So I took out Buck on Night One for metagame reasons. I always have to explain things to him like eight times and then he thinks I’m Scum because I am explaining things and I didn’t feel like dealing with him. Night One there were only two kills and I didn’t know which kill hadn’t gone through and I loved the idea that the town (possibly minus the vigilante) didn’t even know there was a Serial Killer yet. How fun would it be to not kill for a couple of nights and avoid detection? It would be easy to play Town because I don’t know who the Scum are so I could still Scum-hunt. But, lo and behold, Walter said he’d mod-kill me if I didn’t turn a kill in, otherwise known as compulsory Serial Killer.

Then Waldorf contacted me and said I had been investigated as an Oak. I actually typed, “No I’m not, Scummo!” :laugh: But I deleted that and started talking to him, like any Townie would to figure out if he was legit. I even asked my good buddy Bruce to help me think of how to verify this investigator and he told me he had been investigated too. Damn the luck. :blush: So, like a good Townie, I told him my role which was the angelic bulletproof Townie. And he told me he was the vig! :blush:

About that time entered one of the most important parts of my game. Anyone who has been the sole remaining Scum or a Serial Killer knows that it can be maddening not being able to discuss strategy with anyone. Then my conscience PMed me! She calls her self Evil Jiminy, but I call her Pandora. She thought I was Scum and I told her I was SK and expressed a desire to not kill to throw everyone off. When she heard I’d made contact with the vig, she suggested that I target the same person as the vig to hide my kill. :grin: It’s so brilliant. I wish I had thought of it myself, but I didn’t. So a huge thanks to Evil Jiminy for not only coming up with that but for being someone I could discuss strategy with throughout the game. I had a partner in this and it was somewhat unfair that you all had to contend with the two of us.

Somewhat… :blush:

But I did start thinking of trying to win. I’ve seen other serial killers give themselves away by having a flippant attitude towards the game or not seeming to care who gets lynched or even night-killed. So, it was easy to care because I love scum-hunting (even though it’s clear I suck at it now) and I was really invested in finding out who the Scum were to try to whittle it down to one of each. And the Town-tell in this game was to act Scummy! I wish I could say I purposely got Townies lynched but I really thought I was finding Scum. Scummy scummy Town. :hmpf_bad:

So, I target Agnes on Night Two because Bruce did too. He was our jailkeeper. That was our only means of protection or blocking, it seems. Our? I mean the Oak’s.

On Night Three, I targeted Barry because Bruce was too. But, long after the deadline, Bruce PMed me to tell me that Barry was a neutral bomb that converted into a killer on Night Four. Which is ludicrous. But Bruce believed it and changed his target to Bobby. So, oops. I killed separately from the vig, but we scored probably our first Scum. And I couldn’t even claim that I had killed him! :cry_sad:

Bruce stayed home on Night Four, so I killed Maggie. Alder thanked me for saving him from a mod kill since Maggie was quitting the game. :sceptic: So, the Town got a freebie there.

Night Five, I targeted Nash along with Bruce.

Night Six, Bruce stayed home again, so I killed William because I didn’t know if he was Town and didn’t want an un-lynchable player in the game. It was at this point that Alder first explained that I could win with the Scum or Town. Had I known that from the beginning, I might’ve played differently. But up to that point I had been barreling through as a nihilist so I just kept going. I considered telling the Stumps but that was a fleeting idea.

Night Seven, I killed Bob. I wish I could say that I had figured him out. I actually killed him because I knew that in order for me to score a pure win (where the Town or Scum don’t win with me) I needed it to be me, one Townie and one Scummo. We had lynched the obviously Scummy Adelaide so killing Sammy, the other obvious Scum, would end my ability to win the game on my own. So, I killed Sue since she was likely Town! Great job, Sue. Anyway, Evil Jiminy and I discussed this in circles.

After Sue flipped Scum I considered I was wrong about Sammy and was afraid I was here with two Townies. But when Lassie came in and tried to accuse me of being Scum I knew that I had it down to one of each and can take the game by myself. Then things escalated and it became clear over the course of yesterday that Lassie is the remaining Scum.

So, it was Barry, Peter, Jack, Sue and Lassie as the Maples.

I don’t know if I, or Pandora and I, will ever be able to be the sole winner of a game again. This is a once in a lifetime EB Mafia opportunity. In order to win, with one Scum, me and a Townie left…

I need to vote: Sammy Sycamore (Fugazi).

I’m sorry. My ego wants the win but my conscience feels bad for the Town that worked really hard for the win. But, anyone who knows me knows my ego trumps my conscience. Hard truths.

I almost don’t want to hit post.

But almost doesn’t cut it. :devil:

Sorry! :blush:"