Sign in to follow this  
CapedCrusader

Treacherous Tides Video Series

Recently I and some friends decided to create a Lego Pirates Video Comic Series.

The production's title is: "Treacherous Tides" and is in the works, aiming for release of chapter one in early May 2015.

It's "just for fun" but we plan on a very immerse story line. It's not stop motion, rather, still frame images with ken burns and sound effects in addition to some cool music.

We won't be doing any voice acting, instead we will be using speech bubbles.

Here is a preview:

(Don't watch the Batman one, it's old and not very entertaining, as it has no sound or motion.)

Send me some kool names, and we might eventually use them in the series!

Well it's nicely presented, but without voice acting and animation it's probably going to have limited appeal.

And aside from a filmmaker, exactly what are "ken burns"?

I like the idea. I like that you want to make speech bubbles. I am not a native english speaker and get often troubble to understand when people in movies are wisphering, scrreming or try to speek "like a pirate" :).

I am looking forward to early may pirate_satisfied.gif

Ken Burns are motion effects added to still frames in video editing, basically a fancy pan/zoom.

So what the film industry has been calling "Pan and Scan" for decades...

It must be a proprietary Apple term and since I haven't used Apple products in years I've remained unaware of its use.

According to Wikipedia...

Steve Jobs contacted [Ken] Burns to obtain the filmmaker's permission to use the term "Ken Burns Effect" for Apple's video production software. (The description had been Apple's internal working title while the feature was in development.)